City 1.3L (Group Fuel Injection, GFi)2

1996 ~ 1999

City 1.3L (Carbureted)

1996 ~ 1999

[Accord 2.2L

1995 ~ 1997

Accord 2.0L

1994 ~ 1997

O yan, pati HONDA Philippines na rin ang nadsabi na E10 will not work well with all cars.

Edited by ricoyan
  • 2 weeks later...

back to shell unleaded... di pala ok yung halo halo ng v power, blaze at ibpa.. they have to take down my tank and clean it.. cost me 1.9K for the labor sa casa. plus tapon yung 20 liters na halohalo..... i dont know how true, parang sinasabi nila "one fuel, eats the other" .

pero ramdam talaga ang kaibahan ng 96 and up octane.. kupad ng 93. what can i do? baka ma void warranty ko.

nice argument here......and i've heard a lot said about E10...about it being good for fuel injected..even that it should even be ok for carbs....about mixing it with regular unleaded first....about technical ek ek....

So i'll only gives my 2 cents based on experience....i drive a nissan sentra manual 2000, carb....my brother drives a Honda Accord, fuel injected automatic but older model. I used to gas up on Shell unleaded regular only. When I noticed they had phased out reg unleaded and had no choice but to gas up on E10, my carb suddenly clogged up a lot. I can't do the mix thing since I only use Shell and they don't have reg unleaded anymore (unless there are stations that still have reg and i haven't seen them). I had to visit my mechanic twice in about 3 weeks because of this and my car, parang hirap huminga ever since. I had to change my fuel filetr daw. I talked with my bro and cousin and there comes all those arguments about E10. Anyway, my bro says that even though his accord's fuel injected, using E10 still caused some problems as it seems the fuel iniipon and dumi, sediments or whatever. So he uses Blaze now which he says doesn't have e10. So i bite, I go to petron, notice XCS is still without E10 and fill up 'Bruce' (my car). Lo and behold, I get back the old responsiveness, no more choking.

I've been using XCS since. 95 octane. Hopefully i'll be able to buy a fuel injected drive by the time everything's on E10. But for now, just sharing my E10 experience.

Edited by Robinthecat

I think misnomer kasi yun the higher octane rating, the faster the car goes. Parang sa computer na thinking the higher the clock speed, the faster the PC is.

I think sa car, it just so happens na the cars na tumatanggap ng higher octane are also the ones na mabilis naman kasi talaga. It's got alot to do with the compression ratio of the car.

Anyway, best to look at your car's manual kung ano pinaka ok na ilagay.

As for me, I use Petron XCS with 10% Ethanol.

• 2 weeks later...

i use unleaded be it seaoil, shell, caltex, petron but it depends on who is much cheaper when fueling in...

pare-pareho lang naman yata sila eh, presyo lang ang dipirinsiya...

and the other car is premium and again who is much cheaper, wins...

:P

Edited by kempaf

ayan na yung article.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadl...r-enginesPetron

Oil refiner and retailer Petron Corp. has warned that the current ethanol-blended gasoline (E-10) could damage car engines and urged the Department of Energy to come up with clearer specifications for the fuel blend.

Petron chair and chief executive Ramon S. Ang said they had received many reports that the current blend is “highly corrosive.”

According to Ang, the company wrote the DoE last month requesting new guidelines to help protect motorists.

The Philippine Daily Inquirer was unable to get a comment from the DoE as of presstime. The E10 blend is still being sold in gasoline stations.

Ang said in a briefing that the alcohol mixed with gasoline could do much damage to a car’s gas tank, fuel pump, carburetor and fuel injector, among others.

The problem, he said, was that the government did not specify that there should be a dehydrator to remove the water content, which is what makes the ethanol-blended gasoline (E10) highly corrosive.

“That’s why Petron wrote to the DoE. If we push E10, we have to prepare the correct specifications to prevent damage to cars,” Ang explained.

“Right now, the DoE together with the industry is formulating the specifications and the guidelines. They are studying it. What we are saying here is based on the experience of motorists and our own experience as well,” Ang said.

Under the Biofuels Law, all oil companies are mandated to pre-blend 5 percent ethanol in gasoline-fueled vehicles starting February 2009 and increase this to 10 percent by 2011. Most of the oil companies began pre-blending 10 percent ethanol in their gasoline products as early as 2008, way ahead of the mandate of the law.

In a separate phone interview, Petron president Eric O. Recto said the company was still “in the middle of collating data to help the industry understand the potential impact of ethanol (on vehicles).”

“We have empirical evidence coming from all over but we’re not done with the information gathering—a few more weeks or a month maybe to complete (it)... ethanol has certain negative effects on car engines,” Recto said.

He noted that the move is an initiative of Petron, but was something they thought would benefit the rest of the oil industry.

“Let me put it this way, there are pluses and minuses in using ethanol and we just want to make sure that both sides are studied and heard first,” Recto said.