What Fuel Do You Use For Your Vehicle?

nice argument here......and i've heard a lot said about E10...about it being good for fuel injected..even that it should even be ok for carbs....about mixing it with regular unleaded first....about technical ek ek....

So i'll only gives my 2 cents based on experience....i drive a nissan sentra manual 2000, carb....my brother drives a Honda Accord, fuel injected automatic but older model. I used to gas up on Shell unleaded regular only. When I noticed they had phased out reg unleaded and had no choice but to gas up on E10, my carb suddenly clogged up a lot. I can't do the mix thing since I only use Shell and they don't have reg unleaded anymore (unless there are stations that still have reg and i haven't seen them). I had to visit my mechanic twice in about 3 weeks because of this and my car, parang hirap huminga ever since. I had to change my fuel filetr daw. I talked with my bro and cousin and there comes all those arguments about E10. Anyway, my bro says that even though his accord's fuel injected, using E10 still caused some problems as it seems the fuel iniipon and dumi, sediments or whatever. So he uses Blaze now which he says doesn't have e10. So i bite, I go to petron, notice XCS is still without E10 and fill up 'Bruce' (my car). Lo and behold, I get back the old responsiveness, no more choking.

I've been using XCS since. 95 octane. Hopefully i'll be able to buy a fuel injected drive by the time everything's on E10. But for now, just sharing my E10 experience.

So that's why our sentra 99's carb gets dirty every time i top up at shell. Thanks, for the info sir.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed in the past months that my vehicles (especially my scooter) runs differently. pumupugakpugak. I believe this is due to the E10 that is added. hay.. paikot ikot ako ng mga gas stations who claims they do not have E10 in their pumps. hindi na ako nagpapakarga sa mga big-3 stations. sa mga less famous stations ako nagpapakarga nowadays (seaoil, total, flying-V, centrum, etc) para lang makaiwas sa E10.

but ang regular gas hindi ko pa nasusubukan. masmura pa siya kumpara sa unleaded or premium.

anyone used regular on their vehicles? what would be the effect?

masmura eh.. 37.08 per liter versus 47.59 sa premium

got this from another forum. might interest MTC drivers:

REGULAR VERSUS PREMIUM GASOLINE

Regular Gasoline Has As Much Merit As Premium Gasoline

"Put a tiger in your tank," says a classic advertising tagline. In today's motoring world, what kind of fuel grade will have the power to place a beast in your gas tank?

The answer, according to experts who study fuel efficiency in detail, is both regular and premium gasoline. And it would be a waste of money to favor premium over regular, especially in these times when gasoline prices are high, according to the experts.

Virtually nothing is gained by filling up with a premium or more expensive grade of fuel than the vehicle manufacturer has recommended, the experts say. And many of the same experts explain that drivers may not lose much performance from their cars by using a lower grade of fuel than recommended by the car manufacturer.

There is little difference in energy content of regular versus premium gasoline. They both contain about 111,400 British Thermal Units of energy per gallon.

The price difference, however, between the fuel grades is anywhere from 20 cents to 40 cents, depending on where you live in the United States. The experts' consensus goes against the long-held belief by thousand of drivers who fill up with premium only, or on every third or fourth trip to the pump. The idea is to fill up with premium every so often to clean out the engines or rev up the performance of older engines.

But according to the experts, this practice is like tossing quarters in a wishing well, since most engines are designed to operate on relatively low-octane regular unleaded gasoline.

Octane is defined as a fuel's resistance to knocking. There is no benefit if the octane is higher than what the engine needs. Engine knock occurs when fuel in a combustion chamber ignites before it should. This disrupts the engine's operation. But electronic knock sensors are now common and have nearly eliminated engine disruption.

The American Petroleum Institute says if you find that your car runs fine on a lower grade, there is no sense switching to premium. The Institute recommends following manufacturer's recommendation, but even those manufacturers say that it is more of a suggestion than a command.