Slimmers World

ei guys am ba ninyo magkano kung mg gym ka slimmers???

depende sa package na kkunin mo...ok ung promo nila ngayon mas mura sya..

1 month + 1 month free = 3.5k

Ang lifetime membership nasa 50k+ :thumbsupsmiley:

EDIT:

Speaking of lifetime memberships...My mom got her lifetime membership long time ago...She isnt using it anymore and wanted to know if she could transfer it in my name para magamit ko daw...Possible kaya to?

Edited by Mang Joe
  • Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depende sa package na kkunin mo...ok ung promo nila ngayon mas mura sya..

1 month + 1 month free = 3.5k

Ang lifetime membership nasa 50k+ :thumbsupsmiley:

EDIT:

Speaking of lifetime memberships...My mom got her lifetime membership long time ago...She isnt using it anymore and wanted to know if she could transfer it in my name para magamit ko daw...Possible kaya to?

No it's not possible. Slimmer's world wants your money so they'd want you to buy your own membership. SW will buy your mom's old membership at a huge loss (15t to be exact then they will sell it again to a new member at 35t-50t.) It happened to me.

• 4 weeks later...

ang strength ng slimmers would be their trainers, and health consultants... and in working out with them, u get measurements regularly to see how u r progressing... so scientific ang approach and methodological... plus they dont rely your workout routine to machines solely... u use weights and aerobics for the complete workout. so theyre actually better than the new ones

• 3 weeks later...
well... bakit sobrang lagi madaming tao sa slimmers... lagi puno.. ung 1 hr workout nagiging 2 hours kasi i have to wait in turn pa! nawawala ung intensity ng workout. i workout sa may pasay, ung katabi ng dusit. anong oras kaya pinakakonti nagwoworkout sa pasay? lagi queueing eh! hasel! :)

Agahan mo po.. ako 6am nasa gym na ako, walang kaagaw promise! ;)

Mang Joe, ang alam ko pwede itransfer once yun membership.. kaya lang dapat bago pa lang kuha.. hehehe. Speaking of Slimmer's Alabang, sa Festival Mall (tabi ng Seattle's Best, yun dating Sphere's Gym) na sila ngayon.. mas okey actually.. mas maluwag kesa noong nasa may RCBC (beside Abenson) pa sila. Rockybrawler, I'm sure mang joe's mom bought it at a much lower price "long time ago".. nagamit niya na.. so kung bibilhin ng SW yun ng 15k.. aba, di na sha lugi nun. :P

Yun lifetime, depende kung exclusive tsaka non-exclusive. Mas mura yun exclusive (sa isang branch ka lang pwede).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I might be late for the topic or might irk a SWI die hard fans but nonetheless, I'll say my piece.

Somehow, EclipseGuy is right, I am a lifetime member of Slimmers so I have the right to make my remark. Slimmers is just a block away from my house but after a couple of weeks, I QUIT! Why??? Their cardio needs to be reserved! Thus, making my workout unproductive and lose a momentum. They are also the one who introduced the concept of 1:1 PT program and thus, that makes you invinsible in the eyes of instructors if you don't avail their program.

Sure you can transfer your membership especially if you bought your lifetime membership 10 or 15 years ago. Right now their current lifetime rate is Php 50,000 so if you bought yours for only Php 15,000 you'll think you can sell it for Php 40,000 so the buyer will get some perks and you, my dear, will get your money back plus a profit...right??? Hell no! That rat hole is charging Php 45,000 for transfer fee!!! Looked how they ripped off their members!

I am no fan of Eclipse nor their gym. As a matter of fact, even my Slimmers membership is sitting pretty in my wallet, I enrolled in Fitness First! I don't care if Eclipse Guy had also lambasted Fitness First due to their incompetent PT, I don't give a sh!t, its my money and I will spend it the way that I wanted to (and my personal reason is due to accessibility) BUT given the chance, I will ask him what would be the right program for me since the only machine that I know to operate in Fitness First in their stationary bike and Tredmill...however, the main point is: Whether I lose weight or not is not important but rather: 1) I can destress and 2) I won't gain weight.

To edc, if you truly care/value your spending, why don't you enroll in moro lorenzo gym or rizal memorial coleseium as probably your Php 10,000 can make you not only a lifetime but a legacy that you can pass on to your future generation...To all who said that it is with the person not the gym, then why don't you go to your neighborhood gym so it would be cheaper? I am pretty sure slimmers is not the cheapest in the market...

I am not looking for any arguement and uunahan ko na yun mga maiinis, I am deeply/really sorry, its just that I need to make a point. EDC, sorry bro that how I look into it.

It's like Gold's gym with totally opposite attitude here in Slimmers. People enrolled in Gold's thinking value and prestige but come to think of think, pag nasa loob na sila ng Gold's all of them are members already, nawawala na yun ego factor that "hey, I work out in Gold's!" Slimmers ganun din, thinking na mura, but come to think of it, mura ba yun Php 50,000 and I bet matagal na yun 3 years na active kayo dun?

• 2 weeks later...
To edc, if you truly care/value your spending, why don't you enroll in moro lorenzo gym or rizal memorial coleseium as probably your Php 10,000 can make you not only a lifetime but a legacy that you can pass on to your future generation...To all who said that it is with the person not the gym, then why don't you go to your neighborhood gym so it would be cheaper? I am pretty sure slimmers is not the cheapest in the market...

I am not looking for any arguement and uunahan ko na yun mga maiinis, I am deeply/really sorry, its just that I need to make a point. EDC, sorry bro that how I look into it.

Sorry for the late reply....bihira ako magpost dito...

Yung ibang murang gym eh walang aircon or kung meron man mahina aircon.....pangit yung comfort room....Tapos ang per day rate nila eh 50-100 pesos.....kung thrice a week ka pupunta eh 150-300 pesos.....sa isang month eh 600-1,200 pesos.... Sa isang taon eh 7thou-14thou......Sa limang taon eh 35thou-70thou.....Hindi pa everyday ang punta mo nyan..... :D

Sa iba gym naman na kalevel ng slimmers or mas maganda pa sa slimmers eh ang flat rate monthly regardless kung ilan beses ka pumunta..... eh 1thou-2thou so compute mo yan sa isang taon mga 12thou-24thou......pag five years eh 60thou-120thou....

Sa slimmers eh tolebrable naman yung place......Kasi nung nagbayad ako ng 30thou eh hindi na masama yun...isang bagsakan lang wala ka na problem.......for lifetime magcocomplain pa ba ako :D

Si eclipseguy kasi hardsell......Sa attitude nya kasi para sya nagbebenta ng encyclopedia :lol:

pero ang labanan dito eh price......eh pag dating sa gym ayoko naman mag-sayang ng kwarta every month kaya kahit meron ng fitness first dati eh pinili ko pa rin slimmers.....

So sa mga nakakabasa nito post ko eh review nyo binabayaran nyo sa gym.....Grabe noh in Five years 100 thou++ na... :D

Edited by edc
I might be late for the topic or might irk a SWI die hard fans but nonetheless, I'll say my piece.

Somehow, EclipseGuy is right, I am a lifetime member of Slimmers so I have the right to make my remark. Slimmers is just a block away from my house but after a couple of weeks, I QUIT! Why??? Their cardio needs to be reserved! Thus, making my workout unproductive and lose a momentum. They are also the one who introduced the concept of 1:1 PT program and thus, that makes you invinsible in the eyes of instructors if you don't avail their program.

Sure you can transfer your membership especially if you bought your lifetime membership 10 or 15 years ago. Right now their current lifetime rate is Php 50,000 so if you bought yours for only Php 15,000 you'll think you can sell it for Php 40,000 so the buyer will get some perks and you, my dear, will get your money back plus a profit...right??? Hell no! That rat hole is charging Php 45,000 for transfer fee!!! Looked how they ripped off their members!

I am no fan of Eclipse nor their gym. As a matter of fact, even my Slimmers membership is sitting pretty in my wallet, I enrolled in Fitness First! I don't care if Eclipse Guy had also lambasted Fitness First due to their incompetent PT, I don't give a sh!t, its my money and I will spend it the way that I wanted to (and my personal reason is due to accessibility) BUT given the chance, I will ask him what would be the right program for me since the only machine that I know to operate in Fitness First in their stationary bike and Tredmill...however, the main point is: Whether I lose weight or not is not important but rather: 1) I can destress and 2) I won't gain weight.

It's like Gold's gym with totally opposite attitude here in Slimmers. People enrolled in Gold's thinking value and prestige but come to think of think, pag nasa loob na sila ng Gold's all of them are members already, nawawala na yun ego factor that "hey, I work out in Gold's!" Slimmers ganun din, thinking na mura, but come to think of it, mura ba yun Php 50,000 and I bet matagal na yun 3 years na active kayo dun?

\\

In the end, it doesn't matter what kind of gym a person goes to or how much one is paying for the membership or for that matter what other people think about you going to the gym, we have our own personal reasons why we go and enroll in the gym. What is important is ones's own personal movitations and focusing on trying to attain itor trying one's best to reach one's personal goal. The personal trainors and other people can't and should not determine your goals, they can only assist and try to movitate you.

Edited by id6230
\\

In the end, it doesn't matter what kind of gym a person goes to or how much one is paying for the membership or for that matter what other people think about you going to the gym, we have our own personal reasons why we go and enroll in the gym. What is important is ones's own personal movitations and focusing on trying to attain itor trying one's best to reach one's personal goal. The personal trainors and other people can't and should not determine your goals, they can only assist and try to movitate you.

so true, just dont lose your focus, btw i work out in swi pasay road :D

Si eclipseguy kasi hardsell......Sa attitude nya kasi para sya nagbebenta ng encyclopedia

pero ang labanan dito eh price......eh pag dating sa gym ayoko naman mag-sayang ng kwarta every month kaya kahit meron ng fitness first dati eh pinili ko pa rin slimmers.....

So sa mga nakakabasa nito post ko eh review nyo binabayaran nyo sa gym.....Grabe noh in Five years 100 thou++ na...

Not to defend EG but he is not hardselling. He is just stating the truth in that many of these gyms make a lot of empty promises and leave a lot of people disappointed.

IF you are the type of person who wants to get results and wants his money's worth, then truthfully, most commercial gyms are not for you as they would leave you helpless unless you hire a personal trainer, which again is not a guarantee of results.

True to a certain degree. BUt if you are not getting the right type of training, no atter how dedicated and committed you are, you still will not get any results

Not to defend EG but he is not hardselling. He is just stating the truth in that many of these gyms make a lot of empty promises and leave a lot of people disappointed.

IF you are the type of person who wants to get results and wants his money's worth, then truthfully, most commercial gyms are not for you as they would leave you helpless unless you hire a personal trainer, which again is not a guarantee of results.

I wont complain sa liftetime of unlimited use tapos 30 thou lang binayad ko :D

Kung nagenroll ako sa ibang gym, in 5 years mga 120 thou babayaran ko..... hindi pa lifetime yan....

Edited by edc
I wont complain sa liftetime of unlimited use tapos 30 thou lang binayad ko :D

Kung nagenroll ako sa ibang gym, in 5 years mga 120 thou babayaran ko..... hindi pa lifetime yan....

ako din :thumbsupsmiley:

sakin sulit na yung lifetime ko, 28 thou lang binayad ko

sakin ok naman sa slimmers

sanay naman kasi ako sa kanto kanto gym lang e :thumbsupsmiley: