Slimmers World

Wala naman talaga sa gamit yan. I have been a member of Slimmers World for 5 years now. They have implemented improvements in terms of new machines, treadmills, transports with TVs. I bought a corporate lifetime membership for P25k (buy 1 take 1 promo nila). And from then on, I do not have to pay any monthly dues. Imgaine sa iba, you have to pay P1,500 a month. So sulit na talaga yung P25k ko.

Don't you ever wonder how Slimmers can survive with people only paying rates like this?

If so many TENS OF THOUSANDS of people have bought these lifetime memberships as they claim (and are telling the truth), why are they not literally overrun with members and bursting at the seams?

I'll give you the answer...because 80% of the people quit after 3 weeks...or never even show up after they bought the membership.

We have FAR better equipment than they do...and there's NO WAY we'd be able to survive if we gave away lifetime memberships at that price (AND GIVE SERVICE TO OUR MEMBERS SO THE MAJORITY WOULDN'T QUIT). We wouldn't even be able to pay our rent...and we're not in the mall.

I bought their lifetime membership, and I keep it my wallet for anyone who wants to see it. I bought it out of a short-term necessity...not a long-term goal, since their facilities are inadequate.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought their lifetime membership, and I keep it my wallet for anyone who wants to see it. I bought it out of a short-term necessity...not a long-term goal, since their facilities are inadequate.

Ano yung Inadequate dun sa Slimmers?

Kasi wala naman ako nakita problem. Ok naman equipments hindi naman bumibigay.

Pero compared sa ibang gym eh mas maganda facilities ng Golds and Fitness First. Pero syempre mas mahal price ng mga yan.

Ilan Years na rin na nagooperate Slimmers so mukhang stable sila.

Meron na ba nag-close na branch nila?

Kung baga sa Telecommunication Network eh para silang Sun Cellular.(Unlimited Service).

Don't you ever wonder how Slimmers can survive with people only paying rates like this?

If so many TENS OF THOUSANDS of people have bought these lifetime memberships as they claim (and are telling the truth), why are they not literally overrun with members and bursting at the seams?

I'll give you the answer...because 80% of the people quit after 3 weeks...or never even show up after they bought the membership.

We have FAR better equipment than they do...and there's NO WAY we'd be able to survive if we gave away lifetime memberships at that price (AND GIVE SERVICE TO OUR MEMBERS SO THE MAJORITY WOULDN'T QUIT). We wouldn't even be able to pay our rent...and we're not in the mall.

I am sorry Mr. EG but I am satisfied with Slimmers. :cool: And I see lots of people going there who are also satisfied. From my experience, they have all the equipment needed to get a good workout, whether its weight training or a cardio workout. :rolleyes: Please sell your gym on its own merits. :thumbsdownsmiley:

I am sorry Mr. EG but I am satisfied with Slimmers. :cool: And I see lots of people going there who are also satisfied. From my experience, they have all the equipment needed to get a good workout, whether its weight training or a cardio workout. :rolleyes: Please sell your gym on its own merits. :thumbsdownsmiley:

You are satisfied with your gym, yet you are on this forum answering questions? Your gym cannot answer your questions? Interesting.

I'm not selling a gym by making this statement. I'm just sick and tired of Slimmers World lifetime members coming into our gym asking for a discount (since they ALREADY paid for a lifetime membership of another gym that they don't use).

That's like paying for a cheap motel for a week, and then going to Shangri-La and asking for a discount because your current place doesn't have hot water.

This creates a massive headache dealing with these people.

Again, I bought the lifetime membership card, and one of the reasons I invested in Eclipse is because how much I thought Slimmers sucked and their equipment was crap. I re-strained my hamstring (after it was nearly healed from a 2 year injury) because of their faulty treadmills.

Again, if you are happy with your gym, stop asking questions on the "building muscle" thread.

You are satisfied with your gym, yet you are on this forum answering questions? Your gym cannot answer your questions? Interesting.

I'm not selling a gym by making this statement. I'm just sick and tired of Slimmers World lifetime members coming into our gym asking for a discount (since they ALREADY paid for a lifetime membership of another gym that they don't use).

That's like paying for a cheap motel for a week, and then going to Shangri-La and asking for a discount because your current place doesn't have hot water.

This creates a massive headache dealing with these people.

Again, I bought the lifetime membership card, and one of the reasons I invested in Eclipse is because how much I thought Slimmers sucked and their equipment was crap. I re-strained my hamstring (after it was nearly healed from a 2 year injury) because of their faulty treadmills.

Again, if you are happy with your gym, stop asking questions on the "building muscle" thread.

Well, if you don't want to answer the questions then don't answer them. If customers ask for a discount and you don't want to give them, then don't. And if you want to sell you're gym, sell it on its own merits and not by puttting down other gyms. <_<

Oh by the way, there is hot water in Slimmers :P

Okei thanks, san ka naka-enroll na gym black cat? :)

naka-lifetime gold po ako maski saang branch ng slimmers pwede ako. ;)

eclipseguy, your post was so out of taste.. let people decide kung san nila gusto mag-gym.. wag ka manira in favor of your gym.. be professional dude. ;)

ayoko lang sa mga small gyms kse di maganda yun cr nila, walang mga locker tsaka walang hot water.. tapos karamihan ng tao dun mga jologs. yoko rin ng mga walang group classes kse.. mahilig kse ako sa aerobics. ;)

oa naman i-comment na yun equipt sa slimmers eh malala.. sucks daw eh.. hehe.. nagiimprove naman sila maskipaps.. tska impt naman talaga yun disiplina hindi yun equipt.. impt sa kin walang kalawang yun equipt tska gumagana.. okey na yun.. mas madalas naman dumbells lang ginagamit ko eh.

for the record, an ordinary gym goer would not be able to see the inadequate facilities since you aren't training at a higher level yet.

About the people satisfied, are you sure they are really satisfied? perhaps these are the peole who just need to break a sweat but aren't dead serious in their goals. Being a former member as well, you'll see people saying they are satisfied but look the same year after year and no improvements in strength. if they use the gym to just break a sweat while socializing, that's fine

and about the answering of queries by EG, don't you think it would also be stupid if let's say you hear Players from Ginebra rant and ask for plays and drills from the coach os Sta Lucia because ther system sucks and yet won't shift teams? that's how things are going on in here.

never been to slimmers.. never tried... but i think that slimmers has been around and has provided general fitness to a lof people...

Regarding satisfaction, I guess that as long as the service meets yer expectations, then you should be satisfied... so if yer expectations are lower and all you really need to do is break a sweat, then fine. But for other people who expect more, then maybe not... And for everybody else, ignorance is bliss... hehehehehehe...

Agree with Equus... to each his own lang yan.. who died ba and made "one" person the AUTHORITY pagdating sa fitness needs ng isang tao? :rolleyes:

Hindi naman porke nagtatanong ang isang tao ng opinyon automatic ibig sabihin susundin nya na kagad yun opinyon na mababasa nya.. so, di porke "opinionated" ka ibig sabihin pwede ka na i-consider na expert. :sleepysmiley03:

Well, if you don't want to answer the questions then don't answer them. If customers ask for a discount and you don't want to give them, then don't. And if you want to sell you're gym, sell it on its own merits and not by puttting down other gyms. <_<

Oh by the way, there is hot water in Slimmers :P

As a LIFETIME member, I have the right to put them down. Again, show up if you don't believe me and I'll show my card to you.

In all of my time working out in their various branches, I never saw ANYONE who was in shape (or at least looked like they worked out...and I'm not talking about a bodybuilding standard). And as someone who knows most of the great bodies/bikini bodies competitors, I will GUARANTEE that the MAJORITY of the top 5 placers for both men and (even) women are taking steroids. Even their marketing head told the competitors in a "matter-of-fact" way that she knows that "everyone" who competes in those shows is jucing...even the women in Great Bodies.

If you are proud of a system like that, more power to you.

I challenge you to ask some of the trainers for guaranteed results. The ones who do will be trying to sell you either drugs or supplements within the week. I have no reason to make this up, seeing as how Slimmers World members ARE NOT my target. Our main target is newbie lifters or those who have not been corrupted by the Slimmers World system of bad service, faulty equipment, and rude members with too much pride and a chip on their shoulder.

Edited by Eclipseguy
I challenge you to ask some of the trainers for guaranteed results. The ones who do will be trying to sell you either drugs or supplements within the week. I have no reason to make this up, seeing as how Slimmers World members ARE NOT my target. Our main target is newbie lifters or those who have not been corrupted by the Slimmers World system of bad service, faulty equipment, and rude members with too much pride and a chip on their shoulder.

Sa Slimmers Greenhills ako nagygym. Karamihan kami dito mga Chinese. Wala pa ako kilala nagtuturok dito.

Define Faulty Equipment? Define Rude Members? Define Bad Service? (Remember Majority kami dito Chinese so mareklamo kami kung may problem.)

Hindi naman kumakalembang Bench Press dito. Hindi namna Napipigtas yung Lat-Pull dito. Ok naman ang Treadmill dito.

So ano yung Problema sa Slimmers? Punta ka dito sa Greenhills para makita mo kami.

30 Thou bayad ko sa Lifetime Membership. Whether hindi ako pumunta ng 2months or 1 year, member pa din ako. Ang saya ng Lifetime! :lol:

Unlike other Gyms na you are obligated pumunta dahil ang mahal ng bayad. Minsan masama yun, kasi pumupunta na lng dahil sa bayad hindi na dahil sa program. Mahirap yung "Susulitin-Dahil-Mahal-ang-Binayad-Effect"

By the way Mahina ba Kita ng Eclipse kaya sinisiraan mo Slimmers?

Sa Slimmers Greenhills ako nagygym. Karamihan kami dito mga Chinese. Wala pa ako kilala nagtuturok dito.

Define Faulty Equipment? Define Rude Members? Define Bad Service? (Remember Majority kami dito Chinese so mareklamo kami kung may problem.)

Hindi naman kumakalembang Bench Press dito. Hindi namna Napipigtas yung Lat-Pull dito. Ok naman ang Treadmill dito.

So ano yung Problema sa Slimmers? Punta ka dito sa Greenhills para makita mo kami.

30 Thou bayad ko sa Lifetime Membership. Whether hindi ako pumunta ng 2months or 1 year, member pa din ako. Ang saya ng Lifetime! :lol:

Unlike other Gyms na you are obligated pumunta dahil ang mahal ng bayad. Minsan masama yun, kasi pumupunta na lng dahil sa bayad hindi na dahil sa program. Mahirap yung "Susulitin-Dahil-Mahal-ang-Binayad-Effect"

By the way Mahina ba Kita ng Eclipse kaya sinisiraan mo Slimmers?

Faulty equipment - equipment that stutters and stops suddenly when I'm using it, causing an injury. Paramount equipment that is older than most of its members and is always sticking.

Rude members - people who bully newbies and won't allow you to alternate with them. Management rarely, if ever, does anything about it.

Bad service - trainers who don't have a clue and no quality program unless you are paying a trainer...and even then the number of good trainers at Slimmers are few and far between.

As Equus said, ignorance is bliss. When you pay for sh!t, I suppose that it is sh!t that you will get...and don't be suprised when, in a few years, they close many of their branches and/or declare bankruptcy...where memberships will be null and void.

As I said, their existance causes me a huge number of headaches when dealing with so many of their lifetime members who want to transfer but HATE the idea of having to pay for another gym. What's worse is that their bad experiences (that mirrored mine) makes them distrustful of our system, and we have to justify everything that we do in the spirit of SERVICE.

I would be WRONG if I didn't cater to them and at least TRY to help them out. As I said, I was a member and I rarely saw anyone (steroid free) who was actually fit there. It shouldn't be this way. A total of 3 trainers and one member, within a period of 5 days, tried to sell me steroids at Adriatico (and once at Pasay Road) after I expressed interest to the management in competing in Great Bodies. They told me that they ALL take it....and it's obvious if you look at the pictures from past competitions. I'm sorry, but women CANNOT be that muscular without sticking needles in their butt. A couple of those girls had deep voices like Vera de Milo from In Living Color.

This is the kind of club you want to associate yourselves with? Be my guest...because AGAIN, I don't want Slimmers members at Eclipse unless they are willing to discard all of the stupidity that has been taught to them there.

Furthermore, I want to scream when I talk to 90% of female inquirees who think that lifting weights will give them huge muscles.

Ladies, IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. You DON'T have TESTOSTERONE like men do, unless you are TAKING SOMETHING. It takes a LONG TIME (years) doing FOCUSED TRAINING even to gain 5lbs of muscle...which is minimal TONE at best.

Where do women get this REDICULOUS idea of gaining huge muslces?

Slimmers World Great Bodies. Nearly ALL will mention this farce of a physique show. It is a NON-drug tested competition with a BIG cash prize. Steroids, steroids, and more steroids. People, even women, will go to great lengths to WIN. If you think these people are natural (or at least the top finishers), then you are all fools. Look at their before and after pictures over a period of a few months.

Thank you Slimmers...thank you SOOOO much. If you people had any idea...any idea AT ALL how many problems Slimmers World indirectly causes me, then you just might (even if a little bit) be more sympathetic to my ire and frustration.

Faulty equipment - equipment that stutters and stops suddenly when I'm using it, causing an injury. Paramount equipment that is older than most of its members and is always sticking.

Rude members - people who bully newbies and won't allow you to alternate with them. Management rarely, if ever, does anything about it.

Bad service - trainers who don't have a clue and no quality program unless you are paying a trainer...and even then the number of good trainers at Slimmers are few and far between.

equipment- their equipments are tully very old although they have regular maintenance which leads to unavailble eqt. anyway it does affect me as i don't like machines. their machines are pretty old and have a poor fit on the muscles that is supposedly being worked. many have poor designs which cause awkward movements

rude members- some big guys tend to try intimidate others and hogging the equipments. doesn't affect me much, not initimidated with them

trainers- crappy. never listened to them. many don't help u when don't have a pt. those pts don't know what their doing and doesn't produce results. sometimes i feel throwing the dumbells at them for not taking care of their clients.

As a LIFETIME member, I have the right to put them down. Again, show up if you don't believe me and I'll show my card to you.

In all of my time working out in their various branches, I never saw ANYONE who was in shape (or at least looked like they worked out...and I'm not talking about a bodybuilding standard). And as someone who knows most of the great bodies/bikini bodies competitors, I will GUARANTEE that the MAJORITY of the top 5 placers for both men and (even) women are taking steroids. Even their marketing head told the competitors in a "matter-of-fact" way that she knows that "everyone" who competes in those shows is jucing...even the women in Great Bodies.

If you are proud of a system like that, more power to you.

Ako naman 2 years member dun, I 1st started here when some consultants went to out Company. Well, I enrolled at Megamall Branch and already saw it too small for too much people.

They do have lifetime memberships, imagine giving lifetime memberships at that price and with the same amount of space over the years. In my experience, the dumb bells are inadequate, the treadmills are per reservation, the stretching area is small (and sometimes non-existent due to the floor activities), I lost a shirt there once (1st time in 2 years, it was a Nike Dri-Fit) and most of all TOO CROWDED. Also, too much talking, tumatagal ng ilang oras ang kwentuhan, nagiging parang TSISMIS area na, lalo na yung mga Matrona na di pwedeng alternate o gusto malayo ka sa kanila.

I went around Pasay Road and Makati Branch and it was the same environment. I gave up, how can I have a workout.

That's why I went to Golds Gym Glorieta, experienced a different kind of workout where I can do things my way and everybody else is serious on there workout. 2 1/2 years na rin ako dun.

To compare, mas gusto ko ung environment sa slimmers, kc magkakaroon ka ng friends. at mas gusto ko ung treadmill na 2 or 3 sa megamall(mas sanay ako gamitin un). Sa golds naman mas gusto ko ung mga gamit.

Dude, you can have friends anywhere naman.

Yung treadmill 2 or 3 sa Megamall, I know the reason, it's because the other's are either not your taste or have faulty functions like what I experienced, cause I always prefer this and that number when making a reservation of the treadmills.

Talagang di hamak na mas maganda ang treamills ng Golds, I can attest to that.

Yup, that's true. When I enrolled here for 2 years I was with several people who took there lifetime membership and then suddenly I don't see them anymore. Talagang malulugi ang Slimmers kung puro sila Lifetime membership. But yung mga tao naman kumukuha lang ng lifetime tapos nawawala din, so kumita ang Slimmers.

Kung baga sa Telecommunication Network eh para silang Sun Cellular.(Unlimited Service).

Yeah dude, on the Telecommunication side, SUN Cellular ang Slimmers. So many subs and yet so POOR services.

Magtanong ka hanggang ngayon kung paano ang quality of service ng SUN compared to Globe or Smart. Ganyan ang nangyayari din sa Slimmers laban sa Golds at Fitness First.

Yeah, after ng ilang years ganun pa rin ang itsura ng Gym mo, with little or no improvement and OVERCROWDED na by that time. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Those are the doings of Fitness First, but in Golds Gym you can enroll per visit. Like me, I enroll on the minimum of 6 visits per month, cause that's what my working sched could offer me on my freetime. Depende sa iyo ang workouts mo.

Not at all Poor Service. Remember nasa Greenhills branch ako. Wala pa ako naencounter na Poor Service dito.

Majority of us here are Chinese. (Alam nyo naman karamihan ng Chinese mareklamo pag poor service)

Baka yung Experience nyo Pangit eh sa Branch na napuntahan nyo.

So be Specific kung Ano Slimmers branch na pangit yung Service.

Im Happy sa Slimmers Greenhills.

Yeah dude, on the Telecommunication side, SUN Cellular ang Slimmers. So many subs and yet so POOR services.

Magtanong ka hanggang ngayon kung paano ang quality of service ng SUN compared to Globe or Smart. Ganyan ang nangyayari din sa Slimmers laban sa Golds at Fitness First.

Ini-Emphasize ko yung unlimited kasi Lifetime Member ako.

As for the Poor Service, Sa Greenhills branch wala pa ako experience.

Nagtanong ako ng Sun user mas madali na daw makatawag ngayon compared before. So Improving.

The Same with Slimmers improving din kasi yung Treadmill nila may TV na.

Not at all Poor Service. Remember nasa Greenhills branch ako. Wala pa ako naencounter na Poor Service dito.

Majority of us here are Chinese. (Alam nyo naman karamihan ng Chinese mareklamo pag poor service)

Baka yung Experience nyo Pangit eh sa Branch na napuntahan nyo.

So be Specific kung Ano Slimmers branch na pangit yung Service.

Im Happy sa Slimmers Greenhills.

Ok, I'll give you that, since I haven't been in the Greenhills branch.

But, that depends on the person too on the level of his POOR rating standard. Also, have you tried the services of Golds or Fitness First???

The Same with Slimmers improving din kasi yung Treadmill nila may TV na.

But, is it still per reservation or OPEN???

Ok, I'll give you that, since I haven't been in the Greenhills branch.

But, that depends on the person too on the level of his POOR rating standard. Also, have you tried the services of Golds or Fitness First???

Tried Fitness First. Panalo Facilities. I was invited by an Agent. Pero for the Price of 2thou every month, para sa akin hindi panalo.

Ang nakakatuwa lang dun marami ako nakita dun na "sinusulit" yung bayad. Pati Ice Tea nilagay sa Coleman. :lol:

YUng iba naman na ang Program nila na 3 to 4 days lang pero ginagawa nila everyday pero ang tambay sa Sauna.

Karamihan dito mga kilala ko mga Girls. Yan lang mahirap kasi nagiging mali na Purpose. Sa binayad nila na 2thou susulitin talaga to the max na nagmumukha ng "I must use all the facilities "everyday" because I paid 2thou a month"

But, is it still per reservation or OPEN???

Sa Morning and Afternoon ata. Pag evening wala reservation. Pero parang hindi uso reservation ng Treadmill sa Greenhills eh.

Madami na Treadmill sa Greenhills. Ang gusto ko lang talaga doon hindi Crowded.

Kahit Iwan mo Cellphone mo sa Sahig sa Gilid ng Bench Press walang kukuha. Pero sa Greenhills ko Experience yan.

Other Slimmers World na Branch like yung sa mga SM malls eh hindi ako sigurado kung magtitiwala ako.

So I think depende talaga sa Branch.

Edited by edc

Mr. EG, I really feel sorry that you have a jaded view of this gym. I work out regularly at Slimmer's Pasig and I don't have a problem with the equipment, their service or overcrowding. Again this is from my experience which is going to be very hard to dispute. I use their trainers as spotters and seldom or never for their training advice. I have been working out since the early 80's and learned this craft from people like Stan Carbungco, Roland Dantes, Rudy Magkalas, etc. Basic weigth training principles, basic movements, basic nutrition, and no artificial supplements. I stopped for a long time due to work and travel and came back. And for my purpose, Slimmer's is it.

My point is this. I do not dispute your experience with Slimmer's World and I never did as I merely related my own experience. What I do not see as ethical is for one person to diss out another facility and then offering his own facility as the answer. And then when criticized, napipikon and becomes personal in their attacks. Too much hard sell and no finesse at all. It even becomes more obvious when you put down supplements like whey protein and then suddenly you start offering your own brand of whey protein. Hard sell na hard sell.

Slimmer's World has been around for a long time. Of course, no establishment is perfect and there will always be dissatisfied customers like you. But if they are really that bad, why are they still here. They must be doing something right?? Hmm... :cool: