Suggest A Good Read...

:boo:

try The Art of War as translated by James Clavell. its very well-written. i have yet to try his other books... :) has anyone tried taipan, noble house, etc... ? :P

i also suggest Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson

:blush:

for fantasy book lovers... have you tried reading David Eddings works?

Well of course there's the usual Lord of the Rings trilogy, Harry Potter series, and books of Dan Brown, which I find facinating. You can also try the biographies that those famous guys in US made like Clinton. I'm planning to check it out sometime. You should decide with your own preference though :D Kung ano mgat trip mo and stuff. :D

I've read "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons". Really interesting books. If you really want the hardcore stuff, read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" which is the information source for the "The Da Vinci Code".

At kung business-minded ka naman, "Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done" and "Sun Tzu" The Art of War". Maganda siyang guide sa mga bagay-bagay tungkol sa ating mga buhay....

"Separate Peace", "Catcher in the Rye", "The Old Man and the Sea", and "The Alchemist" are relatively short novels but are worth the time and effort.

Happy reading!

For those of you looking for adrenaline rush, try the following:

1) Clive Cussler's books featuring Dirk Pitt

2) Clive Cussler's books featuring Juan Cabrillo

I used to be a Robert Ludlum fan but I needed something else that had spy thrillers/espionage but with a sense of humor. Clive Cussler's Pitt and Cabrillo are characters to admire. If you're fixated with CIA/FBI/Marine/Army/Navy Seals/Delta Force characters and are excited by danger interspersed with funny dialogues to disguise dire situations, then read Clive Cussler's books. :cool:

For those of you who are conscious about your English grammar but hate referring to English textbooks, try the following:

1) Richard Lederer's books (ex: Crazy English, Cunning Linguist and Sleeping Dogs Don't Lay: Practical Advice to the Grammatically Challenged)

2) Patricia O'Conner's books (ex: Woe Is I)

3) Charles Harrington Elster books (ex: What in the Word: Word Play, Word Lore and Answers to Your Peskiest Questions About Language)

4) Lynne Truss' books - (ex.: Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation) :thumbsupsmiley:

That's about it for now. I'll be back when I can think of something else to recommend. *checks her bookshelf/library* Ahihihi. :D

ok ba yung chronicles of narnia kung di mo sunod sunod babasahin?  kasi ang first book nun yung magician's nephew yata but i cannot find it in singles, nakita ko lang dun sa collection na nung book.

Hmm the books can stand on their own naman but it would help you understand the rest of the story if you read The Magician's Nephew too....

it would always be RIch dad, poor dad..

pero love ko din ung hot summer nights sa love stories (pang high school)

ps i love you, falling in love again (sweet dreams)

tuesdays with morrie...lahat ng liquid sa katawan mo tutulo (hehe!)

paradise (judith mcnaught)

nde na ko bumibili ng books ngyn..ebooks na lang...although iba talaga amoy ng bagong book...brings back memories nung una mong minahal ang pagbabasa...

Let me add Kazuo Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go in my list of Highly Recommended books. Japan has spawned quite a number of great writers since the 2nd world war ended =)

Oh, an Ishiguro fan!

I have yet to read Never Let Go (I was just holidng a copy of it while browsing in Fully Booked about an hour ago). I got hooked on K.I. after reading Remains of the Day, which I;ve read 3 times. Have you read any of his other books?