Suggest A Good Read...

if you want fiction, try Ken Follett's "Dangerous Fortune"...totally engrossing!

if you want business-related but not heavy reading, Malcolm Gladwell's "Tipping Point" is a good read.

i havent' read his other book "Blink" yet, but i read a review which totally thrashed it:D

"Naked Economics" by Charles Wheelan is also highly recommended for people who want to understand

economics in a very simple way....this book is great!!!!!! should be required reading for all students taking an econ course.

mango

• 2 weeks later...

For horror novels, try Robert McCammon or Raymond Feist. Feist only has one horror novel "Faerie Tale" but it's scary as hell.

I find the Songs of Ice & Fire series by George R. R. Martin to be very impressive narrative storytelling.

The Riftwar Saga by Raymond Feist is likewise excellent worldmaking in the vein of Weis and Hickman's Dragonlance saga.

For more suspense, Jeffrey Archer is surprisingly good. No out-of-this-world gadgetry but amazing insights into espionage, suspense, and action.

Happy reading!

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe By CS Lewis

I always get a better kick out of a movie if I had the chance to read the book version first. My recommendation is only anchored on this point. Just got this one (in pdf form, want a copy?) last night and I'd rather that you judge it yourself. Besides, I just got it, can't really say if its good or not this early on.

Happy reading. :)

• 2 weeks later...

There are a lot of good authors and books out there.

Fiction - Robert Ludlum, Jack Higgins, Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, Harold Coyle, Clive Cussler, WEB Griffin.

Science Fiction - David Weber, Eric Flint, David Drake, Anne McCaffrey, Robert Heinlein, Steve White.

Fantasy - Katherine Kurtz, George R. R. Martin, Dennis McKiernan, David Eddings, Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman, David Gemmel, Barbara Hambly.

Alternate Histories - Harry Harrison, Harry Turtledove.

If you want interesting readings, go to bookstores and browse for books that you find interesting.

Guest temperamental

Jerry Bledshoe's Before She Wakes, based on a true-to-life murder case

Arthur Golden's Memoirs of a Geisha, been a fan of this book way before the movie project

Wallace Lamb's She's Come Undone, for us women who thought life is one hell of a joke

:) They top my list :)

try ian lee's medium is the massage, a smala-spoof of medium is the message. and the 3rd word war.

Hi Guys, just finished reading two Dan Brown's... like it a lot...  :thumbsupsmiley:  although i must admit that im not much of a fan of the suspense thriller type... im more into the mitch albom style... sublime, easy and soothing to the soul... much like a book you'd read while in a hammock, under a shade of tall tree, enjoying the last few days of summer... any suggestions guys? tuesday's and five people you meet in heaven were splendid, im looking for the same types... =)

nonetheless if you a good book of any type or theme in mind, then feel free to suggest them... it would be helpful if you could say a little something about the book, without spilling too much of course... :P

:mtc: