Suggest A Good Read...

i highly suggest "The Haj" by Leon Uris. it is a story of a man who went into a pilgrimage to mecca and thus became a haj. the story deepens when the first jews from the holocaust started arriving in Palestine and establishing a state of their own. This book will give readers a somewhat augural view of what's happening in the middle east right now. although it was written years ago, it is a timely book for those who want to examine the root of the middle east conflict. palestine, readers will know, was the twice promised land: the british first promised it to native palestinians, and then to the jews. moreover, the country jordan was once part of palestine, before it was turned into a puppet government by the british. it is no wonder, then, that palestinians and jews are fighting over a very small piece of land when they could have more if jordan wasn't created in the first place.

i suggest another one, this time from one of the greatest spy novelist, John Le Carre. the title of the book is "the little drummer girl". yup, the title is what you see, but it is not a children's story. the story takes place somewhere in europe where a team of israeli secret agents are trying to capture the leader of a palestinian terrorist group, and, if possible, destroy the organization itself. then they saw this actress and asked for her services to infiltrate the terrorists' circle. overall, the book is thick with a ingenious plot, engaging characters, and hardcore action sequences.

i like reading Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki....

Its a nice book... This book is about choosing new options, new directions, and new financial future. You will know here the difference between an employee, a self-employed person, a business owner and an investor, Why some investors make money with little risk while other investors just break even, How you can be a successful investor regardless of which quadrant you are in today. Visit also www.richdad.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if you're into supernatural /spiritual thrillers , check out FRANK PERETTI's work:

THIS PRESENT DARKNESS and

PIERCING THE DARKNESS

it's about angels and demons and their interaction with humans.

actually, i like peretti's writing so much that i will also suggest

THE OATH (medyo mild horror 'to...pang stephen king fans) ,

THE VISITATION, and

THE PROPHET.

ahhh..peretti is one of the remaining vestiges of my "good boy" days. :P

i highly suggest "The Haj" by Leon Uris. it is a story of a man who went into a pilgrimage to mecca and thus became a haj. the story deepens when the first jews from the holocaust started arriving in Palestine and establishing a state of their own. This book will give readers a somewhat augural view of what's happening in the middle east right now. although it was written years ago, it is a timely book for those who want to examine the root of the middle east conflict. palestine, readers will know, was the twice promised land: the british first promised it to native palestinians, and then to the jews. moreover, the country jordan was once part of palestine, before it was turned into a puppet government by the british. it is no wonder, then, that palestinians and jews are fighting over a very small piece of land when they could have more if jordan wasn't created in the first place.

Currently reading this.. :cool:

In relation to this, I suggest reading "Exodus" also by Leon Uris..This is in turn the story Of How Israel was established..a bit of trivia..the philippines was mentioned in the book.. :)

Five books which i consider to be a good read

The World According to Garp by John Irving - Changed my life (i read it when i was 14 years old).

Contact by Carl Sagan - Any book by Carl Sagan is definitely thought provoking and a good read. Carl Sagan's talent for melding hard science with great story telling makes for a very effective science fiction. This had me beleiving in the existence of otherworldly beings.

The Dirt - Uncensored Biography of Motley Crue - Dishes out the debauchery of this dimwitted and mediocre band; a journey into the depths of rock and roll excess.

Please k*ll Me - Uncensored Oral History of Punk by Legs McNeil - Debunks the myths surrounding the late lamented punk ideals , paints a human picture of the luminaries of this 70's musical and cultural revolution and points an attitude loaded middle finger at conformity, squares and narrowmindedness (the very core of punk rock).

The Best of Penthouse Forum - I've been a Penthouse Forum reader since I was 13 and I still belive that all those reader sent stories are true and not made up by the editors. 'Nuff said

Currently reading this.. :cool:

In relation to this, I suggest reading "Exodus" also by Leon Uris..This is in turn the story Of How Israel was established..a bit of trivia..the philippines was mentioned in the book.. :)

Leon Uris is one of my favorites, his other novels that I have read and enjoyed are "Battle Cry", one his first books, about US Marines campaigning in the Pacific in WWII, "Mila 18" which graphically shows the Warsaw Ghetto uprising against the German occupation of Poland in WWII and "Trinity", the story of the fight for Irish independence. All of these are very informative and very readable.