Book Or Movies?

both have different advantages and disadvantages... everybody know that nothin beats the titilation of the senses however, there is also some things in reading that motion picture cannot capture... i like motion picture pa rin, i directed an exp-film twice already and i like it more to captivate and to be amazed in the senses : D

• 2 weeks later...

Walang duda, BOOKS!

Yung movie kasi, interpretation ng isang tao nung libro e. You may or may not share the same view. When you read the book, you make your own movie in your head.

For example, the book "Silence of the Lambs" was far more superior than the movie and the movie itself was impressive. It is nice to make your own images inside your head rather than see it.

I have read the book "The Da Vinci Code" and I hope the movie gives justice to the book. The book "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" was quite different from the movie in several ways. Obviously, they had to omit some parts of the book to fit the movie to a considerable length. Yun ang risk ng book to movie conversion.

i wouldnt mind doing both....but i always dont have high hopes on the movie version...

it is generally regarded that books are better than the movies...they give you a better feel of the situations...movies tend to deviate because they have to put everything in no more than 3 hours running time.

the general suggestion is to read the book first before seing the movie...

so far, the only movies that i think were better than the books are "the godfather" and lord of the rings...godfather because of great acting by marlon brando and al pacino. also great direction by coppola.... lord of the rings because of peter jackson's efficient use of special effects...plus when i read the book i had a hard time imagining because 1) i think those were written in the 50s 2) tolkien being british has a different writing style 3) tolkien i think used so many words

If I can, I'll do both, I'll read it first then watch the movie.

I want to appreciate the different medium being used. Both has its advantages and limitations. The book lets you explore your imagination, from the characters, setting, motive (to a certain point). The movie has a ready visual for you. Watching a movie is effortless (hehehe) but expect the film to be commercialized. It has to at least break even with the film budget, so expect that some (or a lot) of parts of the book will be altered for it to be marketable.

my two cents worth:

there are two sides to a book-to-movie conversion.

one is if you look at the movie as a movie in itself, and two, if you look at it from a translation POV. (come to think of it, you might also look at it as an adaptation or an interpretation)

take for example: harry potter movies. the first movie is the best translation so far coz its the one closest to the book. but as far as the best movie, its the fourth one of course since the thrill factor is so high.

but then again, if youre just watching a movie just for the heck of it, i.e. for entertainment purposes, as long as you enjoy what youve seen, then you got your moneys worth.

as for me, if im alone, id rather read a book. but if company is present a nice relaxing movie would do nicely