Book Or Movies?

i like both... they both have their own plus factors...

the book leaves your imagination open so it tends to be more intense and satisfying...

the movie gives more entertainment value, you just sit back, relax, eat your popcorn and let things happen and unfold...

one is brainfood... the other is more like eye candy...

YEPPP.. DASH RAYT!!! just like in the case of davinci code... i don't think the people understood the movie pera na lang dun sa nakabasa nung libro... pag sa movie kasi aside from the dialoguesnaeenhance lanmg ngvisuals eh.. ang nangyari puro dakdakan sa movie...

sa kaso ng harry potter series.. mas gusto ko yung book kaysa sa movie...

sa lord of the rings naman mas ok sa akin yung movie kesa sa mismong book.. but its just because the english used in the novel was old and grabe talaga pagkakagawa ni peter jackson... :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
*med well with hollywood booming and distributing films like pancakes to every country known to man...a question pops out...do you guys prefer to read a book or just wait for it on screen?

Reading is by far more enjoyable. There are no limits to you what you can think of based on what you've read. Though this is not to say I don't watch the movie. I find it interesting because you get to see someone else's point of view on how a book is interpreted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I prefer reading - a good example and one that gets mentioned often in this thread is the Lord of the Rings.

While I genuinely loved the movies there were parts of it that wouldn't have made sense to me unless I had read the books (which I have done several times).

Similar story with the Da Vinci Code.

Books can provide narrative on characters, places and situations that sometimes can be hard to glean from a movie or by just seeing it on the screen.

Aside from that I find reading relaxing.

usually the books are better than the movies. but there are times the movies are better than the books

i love the books better: interview with the vampire, queen of the damned, harry potter series, lord of the rings,...

i love the movies better: the godfather

however, the bourne series is a different matter. both books and movies are good. actually they shouldnt be compares since the movies never followed the books at all unlike the other book-based movies

• 3 weeks later...
usually the books are better than the movies. but there are times the movies are better than the books

i love the books better: interview with the vampire, queen of the damned, harry potter series, lord of the rings,...

i love the movies better: the godfather

however, the bourne series is a different matter. both books and movies are good. actually they shouldnt be compares since the movies never followed the books at all unlike the other book-based movies

...amen to this...

...i've seen all of the movies mentioned here and i definitely agree with his post...

• 2 months later...
Guest lustfortravel

I still prefer reading a good book over watching its movie version. That is how I am able to appreciate the sheer talent of the authors which often get lost in translation in scripts.

Books for me.

...Films leave little to viewers’ imaginations. When you read, you’re creating your own movie in a sense, and decide the most important parts: how the characters speak, what they look like, and what their surroundings are like. This process of imagining and interpreting as reader is a creative process distinctly different from viewing a film. ryt? ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...