Book Or Movies?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i read more, usually, pound for pound, peso for peso, mas cost-effective ang book, pwede ka pang maglagay ng notes sa margin kung may insight ka. Pero kakabili ko lang ng The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 based on Alan Moore's graphic novel. May certain credence ang action kaysa sa simpleng internal monologue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

1 must READ the book 1st ...

I mean NEVER has it happened that the movie CUMs out BEFORE the book, right? ;p

For me ... I dont mind watching the movie AFTER I have read the book. But these days, books are kinda HEFTY ... so I get to watch the movie 1st before reading the book. :( Unless, I get to BORROW from someone ... <sigh>

Havent YET read "50 Shades ... "

I love books for the personal effort it demands from the reader to understand the words and give meaning to them. On the other hand, I love movies for bringing faces to characters, scenes, and plots, as well as expanding on themes and details in ways that a book sometimes fails to do.

A good example is Bram Stoker's Dracula. Coppola's movie adaptation manages to invent the part where it shows how Dracula became a vampire, whereas the book never explains. Some movie adaptations, though, turn out to be such let-downs that I cringe in my seat at the injustice. But in general I tend to read the book first before watching the movie. That way I can judge for myself without getting swept up by the hype.

Edited by Lord Superb
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...