Book Or Movies?

I'd love to be able to relax and read books inside a hut on a beach in Boracay... BUT... since am stuck here working like a slave with vacation leaves already used up... I have to say yes to the convenience of watching movies or pag tamad ka pa o ala kasama, buy VCDs, DVDs and watch at home.

post-86727-1137831954.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Books - definitely. They always give you a more detailed account of the actual story.

A good example is the Lord of the Rings - the books explain who the elves are, who the dwarves are gives you a lot of detailed background on the story.

I have read those books several times and when I saw the movie one of my first thoughts was that it would be difficult to understand some of the characters and the story without having read them. This was confirmed when at the end of the first movie a number of movie goers didn't understand why it ended so abruptly.

Books also allow your own imagination to create identities for characters and landscapes etc.