Secluded Beautiful Beaches Of The Philippines - Merged Thread

Guys, try Sumilon Island, south of Cebu. It's a small island you might even say its a big rock and Blue Waters has now finished "developing" it. There is a marine sanctuary on the east side of the island, SU Marine Lab used to take care of this sanctuary, now I have no idea who does. Boats can land on the west side beach but not on the east side where the sanctuary is. I have been there several times when it was still undeveloped and it was beautiful then. I was shocked though, when I saw dead corrals near the sanctuary. The townspeople of Oslob used illegal and harmful methods to catch fish there before it was turned into a sanctuary. Thankfully, they realized their mistake and Sumilon and the coasts of Oslob, Santander and a lot of other towns still remain beautiful.

Along the coast of Oslob, the nearest point to Sumilon is the base for Blue Waters, that is where they send off their guests from and that's also their supply base to the Sumilon Island Resort. The beach on that side is also very nice, there are some areas that are coarse white sand, then there are some that are made of white pebbles. Near that base is a big rock, I have fond memories of that rock. I banged a chick from Cebu behind it.

I don't know how much it costs to stay there now, since when I last went there, the only expense I incurred was the Tanduay 65 I brought for the island guard. He let me stay in the unfinished cottages then. If you're a good swimmer you can probably swim across in about 3 hours, waves permitting, but I doubt anyone in his right mind would want to do that, so you're gonna have to rent a boat. I have no idea how much it costs since, again, the friendly local fishermen only charge me a couple of bottles of 65 or Kulafu and good old camaraderie for my fare to Sumilon, which was along their way anyway.

Have fun and enjoy!!! And don't step on the corals, they take forever to grow!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...