Secluded Beautiful Beaches Of The Philippines - Merged Thread

Summary of The Best Unknown Beaches in the Philippines:

The beach that most of you recommended is Carabao Island, Romblon and Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte.

Special mention (i also placed the same question in another forum) is Calaguas,Camarines Norte and Caramoan, Camarines Sur, both of which rivals Boracay in terms of quality. But IMHO Boracay is more child friendly because of its very gentle slope.( off topic but parents will appreciate this)

Backpackers will appreciate Anawangin Cove in San Antonio, Zambales.

Thanks everyone for giving good recommendations. Please look for my next thread," Best Inland beach in the Philippines". This is for people like me who likes to do some road trip from time to time.

Summary of The Best Unknown Beaches in the Philippines:

The beach that most of you recommended is Carabao Island, Romblon and Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte.

isn't that an oxymoron dude ?

best unknown beaches but your criteria is the most reccomended ergo it ceased to be unknown since lotsa peeps have been there.

Nothing beats the XP of actually being there. :thumbsupsmiley:

Come on Shrike...you really dont understand the thread? well i could have titled it, The best lesser known beaches in the PI to satisfy your argument but title not catchy enough.

oxymoron? probably, if you just read the last page. But the idea is not.

I forgot what I wrote in the intro but im sure its all there..read it before you make any constructive comments. cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

no offense amigo but it's not regarding being 'catchy', but on what constitutes being BEST and LESSER KNOWN.

LESSER KNOWN might be it's too exclusive and the price is prohibitive or it might be in its pristine uncommercialized rustic condition.

BEST might be the sands, the location, the locale, accomodation or service or it might be that anything relative and intangible to the person.

And it might be more constructive if the posters share their visited beaches, then validate the pro's and cons with their selected location.

Person A who's visited 3 so-so beaches in his lifetime got a different viewpoint from person B who visited 50 beaches for example. That way we can gauge the relevance of his pick.

Parang pinagtatalunan natin yung BEST ulam, person A a moslem who ate anything but pork and person B a common Christian who in his lifetime ate only chicken, pork and beef.

I'm also interested to know what's the BEST, LESSER KNOWN beach from others viewpoints, but I want to know the extra details to make it worth my time and effort to XP the place.

i had to agree w/ SHRIKE.....

im a long time lurker of this kind of threads as this is where i get ideas of LESSER known places that i can explore on my weekend getaways..... example na lang, zambales area... some say potipot is good, me thinks otherwise, why, travel time is way too long, and nothing much to do except sunbath and swim there, i prefer nagsasa for its seclusion, fresh water area, numerous hills/summits to explore....

SHRIKE's suggestion makes perfect sense....

Pandanon Island, Bohol

Island Name: Pandanon Island

Population: 1,947

Major Occupation: Fishing

Sea Shore Details: White Sand

Tourist Accommodation: Natural Cogon Grass Cottages Available for Tourists PHP 250.00

Snorkeling: C

Diving: No Place to Dive

Distance Estimate Travel Time: 1 hour 30 minutes from Maribago

Attraction: Nice Beach with Cottages

Comments:Good for family swimming. with Shallow Water & visible Sand Bar Extended Nearby Island more than 1km distance to north.

Entrance Fee: PHP 150.00, Hat(Shadow)=PhP250.00 (9/09)

We will go here sa february 2010 pa. I googled it already and saw the pics na. Very Nice beach. Google nyo nalang din to see the pics.

if you happen to be in iloilo, don't pass up guimaras island. it's just a 15minute banca ride from iloilo city. ask the any trike or multicab drivers to bring you to alubidhod beach. it's a secluded white sand beach with clear emerald green waters.

i agree, went here last xmas eve and the place was awesome! but i think the place was named alubidjod...hehe

how to go there?

take a jeepney to the port area, pay as much as 11php for the boat ride to guimaras island.

once arrival on the island you can immediately see the guest information desk and ask for a ride to alubijod resort...that easy!

here's what you're gonna see...

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs239.snc3/22679_1275480817473_1543552448_705084_3504010_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs239.snc3/22679_1275480857474_1543552448_705085_277926_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs239.snc3/22679_1275483977552_1543552448_705102_5819082_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs239.snc3/22679_1275484017553_1543552448_705103_4372569_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
mayroon ba sa inyo pumunta sa hambil o carabao island ?? sa aklan din yan at malapit sa boracay .. white beaches din..discover nyo bago masalanta yan gaya nang boracay ?? gud luck ..

yeah, heard about this and its in Aklan. haven't been there though. this is such a virgin island pa but as lovely as Boracay daw. i'm not so sure lang if there's nice accommodation here.

• 1 month later...