Linux Anybody?

Guest Leviticus

ask ko lang.. is there a program or an ftp server which sends out an email notification to someone whenever a file gets uploaded to an ftp folder? parang automated confirmation email that a file was uploaded.

the reason for this is I don't want to dedicate someone just to click refresh every now and then just to check if a new file was uploaded.

ask ko lang.. is there a program or an ftp server which sends out an email notification to someone whenever a file gets uploaded to an ftp folder? parang automated confirmation email that a file was uploaded.

the reason for this is I don't want to dedicate someone just to click refresh every now and then just to check if a new file was uploaded.

I'm not sure if there's a software that does that (or a feature of any FTP server) but that can easily be done through any programming language. The script will just check that folder based on the specified time interval via Cron Job (Linux) or Task Scheduler (Windows).

Guest Leviticus
I'm not sure if there's a software that does that (or a feature of any FTP server) but that can easily be done through any programming language. The script will just check that folder based on the specified time interval via Cron Job (Linux) or Task Scheduler (Windows).

hmm.. something to look into again. thanks! :thumbsupsmiley:

di ako 100 % sure pero try mo kung kaya mo integrate yung formmail sa ftp software na gagamitin mo. or pwede mo ipasa yung notification /bin/sendmail or /usr/bin/sendmail. pero gaya ng sabi ni abiakak kailangan mo ng custom coding dito.

i suggest ubuntu since it is pretty straight forward installing gns3, dynamips, and pcap from there.

You can just sudo apt-get install gns3 as long as you're connected to the internet it would just download all and auto install.

Sone info for the idle pc codes

http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/blog/?p=33

http://www.netemu.cn/CiscoEmulation/Dynami...71027/35-1.html

yeah i probably would go for ubuntu, graphics are artistically made.

thanks for the input...

I think it would be better if you setup a DMS (document management system) would be better. since it leverages better control.

Guest Leviticus
I think it would be better if you setup a DMS (document management system) would be better. since it leverages better control.

thanks. I already have a DMS server installed/online. the problem [or limitation] of DMS is that it can't hold audio files which is needed in conjunction with the documents. the solution I came up with is to setup an ftp server for the audio files and then the DMS for the documents/reports, naka-archive pa.

however, the problem is I prefer to send out confirmation emails both to the sender and to the IT administrator (me and some guy) to confirm receipt of the files. masmaganda kung automatic so that I can assign this one guy to other tasks instead of periodically clicking on refresh every 10 minutes.

I found an FTP server which does that but it's a proprietary software [i have to buy the license] and it's main drawback is it's windows-based. masprefer ko ang opensource/linux server instead of me putting up a memory-hog windows server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
thanks. I already have a DMS server installed/online. the problem [or limitation] of DMS is that it can't hold audio files which is needed in conjunction with the documents. the solution I came up with is to setup an ftp server for the audio files and then the DMS for the documents/reports, naka-archive pa.

however, the problem is I prefer to send out confirmation emails both to the sender and to the IT administrator (me and some guy) to confirm receipt of the files. masmaganda kung automatic so that I can assign this one guy to other tasks instead of periodically clicking on refresh every 10 minutes.

I found an FTP server which does that but it's a proprietary software [i have to buy the license] and it's main drawback is it's windows-based. masprefer ko ang opensource/linux server instead of me putting up a memory-hog windows server.

Bro I'll see if i still can find the script i developed a few years back which gets a snap shot of the folder, store the file names in a file then after 10 minutes grabs another snapshot and compares it with the first file. If there are changes it will send notification. then renames the new file with the old file's name. This can be then scheduled using cron.

good day sa mga linux guru's please recommend a linux distro na pwedeng mag run ng online games like e-games and level up?

Any distro will do as long as you have a properly configured video and sound cards and WINE.

For ease of install and config I use UBUNTU for games. But for my daily use, I have centos 5.2 with KDE 4.2

to check if your game is supported

check this site

http://appdb.winehq.org/appbrowse.php?catId=103

• 1 month later...
Any distro will do as long as you have a properly configured video and sound cards and WINE.

For ease of install and config I use UBUNTU for games. But for my daily use, I have centos 5.2 with KDE 4.2

to check if your game is supported

check this site

http://appdb.winehq.org/appbrowse.php?catId=103

I have to agree with you Sir.

If you want to run a server. Centos 5.2 or Fedora Core 6, 7, 8 would be stable

If you want something for your workstation you can try other distros Like Ubuntu 8.10 or GOS. You can also use Slax, Debian, Suse, Gentoo, Mandriva depending on what you need to do.

My personal favorite is Backtrack4

Regards,

Jogon

hello,

1st timer ako sa linux, nag try ako mag clean install ng ubuntu 9.04, install ko sya sa 250 gig na hd and ang free space na lang nya is 206 gig, is that normal? parang napakalaki naman ng kiankain nya. wala pa naman ako na install, what i did was yung default lang nya. and yung buong disk is dedicated sa kanya. when i was using vista, around 5 to 10 gig lang used space nya.

I hope yung guru's here can tell me if thi is ok, i dont mind yung disk space, and working as intended naman sya, i was just concerned na baka may mali akong ginawa

thanks

hello sir, bago po ba yun hardisk na ininstallan nyo? if not, maybe you need to double-checked if you have cleaned up the whole partition for your installation. you can use fdisk for this kung nasa linux console na kayo, or pwede nyo rin slave muna yun disk sa windows then delete all partitions, but if you're already inside the linux installation screen, may option po don where you can use the whole hardrive for your install. it will clean up everything.. nevertheless baka naman you have installed your linux distro plus the whole packages. maraming packages po sa linux and di naman kailangan isama sa installation. better distro's are centOS, RHEL, slackware or mag bsd ka nalang.

Hello guys,

Good day to all of you! We have currently opened an IT Domain registration and webhosting business. As part of our corporate opening this 9th of May, we have thought of conducting a promo for the first 100 registrants. We are offering a price of 999.00 pesos for 1 year domain registration and 100MB webhosting. This is a limmited offer only for the first 100 registrants. Our servers are co-located at Dallas, Texas, secured, reliable and affordable than most any other local webhosting. We don't collect 12% local tax like other providers, and our support is nevetheless friendly. Payment methods are available via BDO or Unionbank deposit or via Paypal.

Please visit our link at: http://www.anotheredge.com/promo.php or you can text or call us at: 0917 4070 999 (look for eric). I will be the one to personally answer your call or text. Thank you so much and God bless you all

http://www.anotheredge.com/img/promo.jpg

hello sir, bago po ba yun hardisk na ininstallan nyo? if not, maybe you need to double-checked if you have cleaned up the whole partition for your installation. you can use fdisk for this kung nasa linux console na kayo, or pwede nyo rin slave muna yun disk sa windows then delete all partitions, but if you're already inside the linux installation screen, may option po don where you can use the whole hardrive for your install. it will clean up everything.. nevertheless baka naman you have installed your linux distro plus the whole packages. maraming packages po sa linux and di naman kailangan isama sa installation. better distro's are centOS, RHEL, slackware or mag bsd ka nalang.

thanks for the quick reply, di naman bago yung gamit kong hard disk, pero dtio naka install yung vista ko dati. and wala akong napapansin na problem sa space. nag clean install ako .. pinabayaan ko na i format nya yung buong hardisk para dedicated sya sa OS. Possible na may mga na install ako na di ko alam. Ok lang naman na may nawawalang disk space, nag aalala lang ako na baka may mali ako ginawa na makakasira ng OS. beginner pa lang sa linux so i prefer na ubuntu muna ... dahil ito daw pinaka user friendly na linux. maybe when im comfortable na sa linux ill try yung iba.

open a console, then execute "df -k" command & let us know the output

this command will display how your hard disk was partitioned & how much has been utilized, from there you can calculate the total capacity (used + unused)

linux also have what is called SWAP partition which is essentially an extention of the RAM memory, pretty much a partition in your hard drive that is made a VIRTUAL memory

thanks for the quick reply, di naman bago yung gamit kong hard disk, pero dtio naka install yung vista ko dati. and wala akong napapansin na problem sa space. nag clean install ako .. pinabayaan ko na i format nya yung buong hardisk para dedicated sya sa OS. Possible na may mga na install ako na di ko alam. Ok lang naman na may nawawalang disk space, nag aalala lang ako na baka may mali ako ginawa na makakasira ng OS. beginner pa lang sa linux so i prefer na ubuntu muna ... dahil ito daw pinaka user friendly na linux. maybe when im comfortable na sa linux ill try yung iba.

try mo rin df -h para human readable.

Good day mga bro,

Been a Debian User for half a year now..

I wonder.. something's wrong with my other G++ and GLIBS

been trying to install them for GEGL for my Gimp 2.6 Update..

it can't install..saying it's a lower version though I've installed the latest GLIB package

straight from the debian apt-get..

Is there also any way to install a flash player for an i686 machine?

Much love and many thanks,

Bipo1227

Debian Etch i686 User

KDE 3.5 / Enlightenment

Extra note: BTW, is PCLOS any good, I might migrate to PCLOS for simplicity and sort..

Edited by Bipo1227
Guest L3viathan

^^wait. meron YM for linux.

just go to messenger.yahoo.com on your linux unit and download the appropriate version. follow the instructions in documentation.

or.. just access YM via your web browser :)