Linux Anybody?

sorry for being OT, but have you considered retaining the windows OS but use a free autocad program?

A9 works great for ordinary drafting. it's just like autocad, there's just no chamfer command and

you can only draw in 2d. you can use google's sketchup for 3d.

just a suggestion :)

second the motion hehe

Does A9 comes with Ubuntu?

Hello! Pwede po bang magsingit ng commercial? :)

I work for a company which provides ICT education packages. I'm looking for someone who can write a book on open source/linux targeted for high school/tertiary level students. If anyone is interested, please email me your CV and sample syllabus at libraprime@gmail.com.

Thanks and more power! :)

thanks for the reply sir!

what about brand compatibility? i've noticed before that some brands have

ubuntu issues, i.e. they don't function or have problems with it.

is the motherboard and processor brand ok?

its the first time we're gonna use AMD

thank you again sir :thumbsupsmiley:

i would suggest that you should check the forums based on the distro that you are planning to install to avoid post installation problems.

Get Ubuntu 8.04. Great for beginners and easy to install. Will easily run on any platform. Im using it on my laptop as a second OS alongside Vista and I must say it beats the crap out of Vista if you can configure it nicely, it has a very nice GUI and neat effects, you can readily download all the apps online and they're free. I'm even running Windows apps like MS Office 2007 and my fave game at the moment, World in Conflict, in Ubuntu with the help of wine. All it takes is a little patience and some reading but it will be worth it so download the Ubuntu Live CD (Free), install and enjoy.

What are my alternatives for SENDMAIL ? Qpopper?

What are others are using instead ?

Been using Linux for the past hmmm... 8 years. These days it's just so easy, unlike the old days, so using Linux isn't evoking any hardcore hacking skills on a normal desktop usage. Ibang usapan though on servers and development - I still have to exercise Unix guru stuff as there's just too much that Linux can do.
thanks for the reply sir!

what about brand compatibility? i've noticed before that some brands have

ubuntu issues, i.e. they don't function or have problems with it.

is the motherboard and processor brand ok?

its the first time we're gonna use AMD

thank you again sir :thumbsupsmiley:

Ang alam ko eh ayaw ng ubuntu sa mga ATI na graphics card. It tends to mess things up. So stick na lang sa GeForce para safe.

bro paturo naman o, meron kasi akong assignment using "/proc" pinapahanap samin sa diskstats kung ilang read and write operations on each disk device kaso diko alam kung saan dito

http://img103.imagevenue.com/loc883/th_929...s_122_883lo.jpg

/proc/diskstats

Field 1 -- # of reads issued

Field 2 -- # of reads merged, field 6 -- # of writes merged

Field 3 -- # of sectors read

Field 4 -- # of milliseconds spent reading

Field 5 -- # of writes completed

Field 7 -- # of sectors written

Field 8 -- # of milliseconds spent writing

Field 9 -- # of I/Os currently in progress

Field 10 -- # of milliseconds spent doing I/Os

Field 11 -- weighted # of milliseconds spent doing I/Os

Edited by cruesome
  • 2 weeks later...

im thinking to buy linux aspire one. ung pinakamaliit na acer laptop. running with linpus(linux version) sa totoo lang gusto ko sya since may wifi sya. un lang ang big reason bakit hindi ako nag lilinux sa laptop ko na hp/ hindi kasi supported ng hp ang linux version at wala silang driver.

any side comments about linpus?

any way my experience na ako sa mandrake, red hat, ubunto at debian. so if ever na mabili ko ang acer aspire one this is my 1st time to use linpus.

I bought an Acer Aspire 4920G-6AIGI6Mi laptop. May bundled vista sya. Pero ginawa kong dual boot with Ubuntu hardy heron.

Ang galing! Gumana lahat ng kailangan ko out of the box. Wala nang special configurations. Wifi, bluetooth, video may driver agad :cool:

Sa mga takot bumili ng laptop baka kasi hindi gumana yung wifi sa ubuntu. Pag ang wifi nya ay Intel PRO 3945ABG. Sure yun gagana agad sa Ubuntu hardy heron. No need to install drivers. ^_^

Edited by mackyboy

Ah. What I'm referring to as Intel PRO 3945ABG is the WIFI chip, not the processor. Sa Aspire One ata Atheros yung gamit for WIFI. WIFI will not run on Ubuntu's first boot. You have to install drivers pa.

Pero try mo muna Linpus lite. User friendly rin daw yan. Sabi nila mabilis magboot ang linpus.

Pero if ever you want switch to Ubuntu, here's a guide:

Install Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04.1) on the Acer Aspire One

Pag fedora eto:

Installing and configuring Fedora on the Acer Aspire One netbook.