What Has Love Taught You Lately?

I already know of this fact matagal na since this is very obvious. Obviously it's not very obvious to some (more like most). :D

"A relationship that starts with lust will not last". Sex after all is a b_tch and not a fine lady.

"The purpose of sex is PROCREATION not RECREATION". Those who defy this law will suffer emotional scars.

"Love is a decision and not a mere feeling". Even animals have instinct, but man only has the conscious free will to love. So love well.

"The secret of faith, and by extension love, is suffering in humility". Life is a pilgrimage and not a party.

"A true gentleman shows purity of intent to the woman he treats with". A man who shuns lies and deceit when treating with women is truly a man.

"A true lady is not bashful of her beauty but is humbled by it". Women (and men) have been brainwashed that narcissism is a good thing. Some of us are born with great beauty. It is only useful if used in humility.

Love yourself first, before anyone else. Also, do not give all of yourself to the person, leave some love for yourself as well. The reason is, if you give your all to that person and down the road, it doesn't work out? You are going to be in a world of hurt filled with regret and remorse.

Well said cristal, but I prefer to give my all in a relationship, and if that doesn't work out? Just crash and burn with it. You'll learn faster that way imho

Do not delude yourself that loving yourself first and foremost is the key to loving another.

That is a very foolish line of thinking which just breeds spineless men and ignorant feminist women.

Do not forget that the concept of love is based on GIVING and SUFFERING.

i might have stretched what i said about loving yourself first. i should have said, you shouldn't give your everything to the person because, down the road if things don't work out, it can help you ease into a more comfortable transition and help you recover since you were prepared for it. Sure love can be painful if it doesn't work out, but anticipating certain situations don't hurt either.

I do stand on my belief that you should still love yourself as well as others. Now who goes first between the those 2 things is subject to the person involved. and that my friend is not a "delusion".

My whole point is, always leave some love for yourself. Giving all your love to one person is not healthy, that's all i'm saying.

I believe in this verse

Romans 13:9 For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”