What Has Love Taught You Lately?

Two things:

First, that love cannot sustain life by itself. It relies on two people for nourishment. It withers with neglect just as easily as it blooms.

Second, that it fills you up. You cannot hold it; you are its container. If you have cracks or holes in you, it will spill away unnoticed until there's nothing left. You have to be whole and complete first to contain it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

Two things:

First, that love cannot sustain life by itself. It relies on two people for nourishment. It withers with neglect just as easily as it blooms.

Second, that it fills you up. You cannot hold it; you are its container. If you have cracks or holes in you, it will spill away unnoticed until there's nothing left. You have to be whole and complete first to contain it.

Very well said Sir.

Think with your mind and not with you heart; feel with your heart and not with your mind. Confuse the two and you will mistake what you need for what you want and vice versa.

Finally, love taught me to be honest with and accept myself for who I am. We have insecurities, to be sure. Most of us play turtle, showing only our better sides, then quickly tucking back into our shells in the face of rejection and scrutiny. But the ponderous turtle cannot be any other animal; it can only be what it was made to be. Love has taught me to appreciate a world beyond the confines of my shell--one that's richer, full of life, joys, and pains. And although I cannot discard my shell no matter how much I want to, I can appreciate that it's part of myself, part of what makes me unique, and the more I accept it, the less encumbered I become.

Edited by Lord Superb

Ung saying na "it is better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all" is not true for me..granted n naging msaya tlga ako nung time n un but nung nwala msydo kalerky..ilang years na nakalipas napapanaginipan ko p dn cia..kaasar lng..mas simple buhay ko dti nung di p cia dumating..