Free Medical Advice

papable

kahit saan hospital or medical clinic w/ diagnostic laboratory puede, walk-in ka lang and inquire ka about their physical check-up. Puede ka din consult sa doctor (Internist) para ma-guide ka kung ano ang mga dapat na test.

wahhhh,

nafil ko din yan dati, dapat wag sabon use dapat femine wash pala, sure un nde hahapdi :goatee:

what is lymphoproliferative malignancy?

lymphoma and lymphoproliferative malignancy are abnormal growths of lymphocyte producing cells in the body. Kasama yan sa mga hematololgic malignancies... mga kamaganak ng mga luekemia etc.

best doctor to go to would be a hematologist-oncologist to confirm the diagnosis first and then give adequate treatment.

lymphoma and lymphoproliferative malignancy are abnormal growths of lymphocyte producing cells in the body. Kasama yan sa mga hematololgic malignancies... mga kamaganak ng mga luekemia etc.

best doctor to go to would be a hematologist-oncologist to confirm the diagnosis first and then give adequate treatment.

what causes it? what are its treatment?

what causes it? what are its treatment?

hmmm... no one really know what 'causes' cancer... but if you have a relative with the disease, there is a higher chance you may develop it as well. some hematologic malignancies or cancers of the blood have also been related with exposure to some chemicals...

treatment usually involves chemotherapy which will depend on the exact type of lymphoma/lymphoproliferative malignancy a person has. look for a hematologist-oncologist. they can better answer your questions and explain to you what steps to take to treat the disease.

hmmm... no one really know what 'causes' cancer... but if you have a relative with the disease, there is a higher chance you may develop it as well. some hematologic malignancies or cancers of the blood have also been related with exposure to some chemicals...

treatment usually involves chemotherapy which will depend on the exact type of lymphoma/lymphoproliferative malignancy a person has. look for a hematologist-oncologist. they can better answer your questions and explain to you what steps to take to treat the disease.

muchas gracias!

exposure to what chemicals?

katulad ng sinabi ni mwah, mas maganda nga magpa-xray at examine ng plema. pag positive ka, punta ka sa mga DOTS center for FREE anti-TB medicine. Un nga lang, araw-araw ka pupunta para makainom ng gamot for 6 months.

they say kailangan rin raw malaman ng function status ng liver mo. I have read in some websites the acetylation activity of the liver is important as a consideration in anti tuberculosis drugs but they believe most Filipinos are fast acetylators of the anti tuberculous drug...

got a kid and i would like to add another one ofcors with my Wife :D Its been almost a year and still no luck...san kaya pwede magpatigin? any tips on how to increase sperm count? and have healthy ones too hehehehe thanks

Edited by Big_Ed
got a kid and i would like to add another one ofcors with my Wife :D Its been almost a year and still no luck...san kaya pwede magpatigin? any tips on how to increase sperm count? and have healthy ones too hehehehe thanks

sir just my opinion...roughly from what info you said.. i assume that you already tried watching out for your wife's fertile period, as for the regularity of her ovulation cycle.so i think in a year may it be at least that you missed her fertile period.. just to give a simple overview regarding the follow up youll be warranting..since you already have a child this rules out the possiblity of being sterile on both partners.. on the investigation of fertility studies it is usually started on the superficial and the easiest.. like checking for any possible anatomical problems on both partners...like you having sperm analysis..after which if you have good and viable wrigglers then on your wife's .. anatomically..physiologically and also including hormone studies... let hope for the best.. there are centers and tertiary hospitals that have fertility clinics that would be worth visiting...st luke's in qc have one...hth

question po

ano bawal mga gawin ng mga taong may luslos... at mga pwedeng gawin...

You can do almost anything. However, please take extra precaution when you participate in strenuous activities such as sports and heavy lifting. As you increase your abdominal pressure and make your abdominal muscle tense, the more risk you will have for the abdominal contents to herniate. Even wearing athletic supporters will not help. (Athletic supporters are good to prevent testicular torsion).

There is no other treatment except surgery.

If you are contemplating on having one, I might be able to help you. Just send me a PM.

Doc Easy.

Hellow Mga Docs: I just want to consult you on something urgent... my child is in Med School... the problem is he is having a hell of a time with Clinical Pathology... May I know If somebody could suggest a good book we can get here in Manila that would be better than what he is reading now... the suggested text is by Henry on Clinical Pathology.... you can PM also as this is very disturbingly urgent...I hope you guys reply me. Many thanks fellow menyaks...

Hellow Mga Docs: I just want to consult you on something urgent... my child is in Med School... the problem is he is having a hell of a time with Clinical Pathology... May I know If somebody could suggest a good book we can get here in Manila that would be better than what he is reading now... the suggested text is by Henry on Clinical Pathology.... you can PM also as this is very disturbingly urgent...I hope you guys reply me. Many thanks fellow menyaks...

I do not know if reading another book will help your son's difficulty in the subject.

Schools suggest a text book based on its adherence to the curriculum. To add, most exam questions are based on the suggested readings. The suggested text now becomes the reference point for the content of exams. Points of contentions from exam protests will be based on this "bible".

Reading another book might just confuse the student because different books might offer almost the same content but are arranged in a different outline. Changing the reading material in the middle of a stained review is like shifting gears while overtaking on a blind curve.

The usual problem of a medical student, as far as difficulty in comprehending his readings is concerned, is their lack of willingness to embrace the book as a learning material. Nowadays, students rely on an assigned transcriptionist for their notes. And most of the time, they have been dependent on these lecture transcriptions that they only start opening their books on the last minute, after realizing that much remains to be read. . Discipline and motivation is the key to his passing the course. They eventually learn, but sometimes it takes the harder and longer way.

I wish him luck.

Hi Doc,

ive been reading some thread but unsuccessfully find specific answer to my problem right now.

after 3 days having sex with someone i found out that i got something like "bukol" or like kagat ng insecto in my sexual organ.

nahihiya nman ako punta sa hospital for check up.

what is your suggestion.

can you help me regarding this.

Edited by bolbolinobayagbag

Hello po ulet.. Ask again for your opinions and suggestions.. ^_^

I have been playing judo since 2004. I practice the sports for self-defense.. The techniques in judo are base mainly in throwing,submission and ground.. I frequently use the throwing technique morote seoinage..

http://www.judoinfo.com/images/animations/seoi.gif

Instead of lowering, i sometimes kneel down due to heavy playmate(55kgs-100+kgs) or lack of power..(I'm only 52kgs) and i don't use knee pads.. Only this days that I realized that I should wear knee pads.. :( The problem is I feel that my right knee has liquid on the top of the knee cap. And I hear a popping noise when I stretch my foot.. Can you suggest what type of doctor to see and how much will I spend if I undergo operation? I heard from a friend that an injection will take out the liquid inside my knee.. But I'm not pretty sure.. Thanks!!! ^_^

I do not know if reading another book will help your son's difficulty in the subject.

Schools suggest a text book based on its adherence to the curriculum. To add, most exam questions are based on the suggested readings. The suggested text now becomes the reference point for the content of exams. Points of contentions from exam protests will be based on this "bible".

Reading another book might just confuse the student because different books might offer almost the same content but are arranged in a different outline. Changing the reading material in the middle of a stained review is like shifting gears while overtaking on a blind curve.

The usual problem of a medical student, as far as difficulty in comprehending his readings is concerned, is their lack of willingness to embrace the book as a learning material. Nowadays, students rely on an assigned transcriptionist for their notes. And most of the time, they have been dependent on these lecture transcriptions that they only start opening their books on the last minute, after realizing that much remains to be read. . Discipline and motivation is the key to his passing the course. They eventually learn, but sometimes it takes the harder and longer way.

I wish him luck.

i totally agree with sir easyhard ! all he can do is read,read,read,read,read,read,read over and over again.... and of course comprehend what he is reading. sleep is a luxury in med school. good luck !

i totally agree with sir easyhard ! all he can do is read,read,read,read,read,read,read over and over again.... and of course comprehend what he is reading. sleep is a luxury in med school. good luck !

Thanks everyone... the insights were very profound... just to mention... my boy doesn't do the transcription thing... he listens to the lectures does the notes, reads the handouts and read the books and reads the books and then reads some more then reads the book a little bit more... perseverance persistence and a willingness to learn even from idiotic doctor professors who don't want to teach because they may be training their own replacements! Some profs are that insecure in the academe. Dinila alam napaka laki ng playing field. Ayaw talaga mag turo ng maayos mga ibang profs. Sayang ang gaganda pa naman ang mga full color text nila today and so back breaking expensive...! Again my thanks to everyone who submitted their thoughts!

Thanks everyone... the insights were very profound... just to mention... my boy doesn't do the transcription thing... he listens to the lectures does the notes, reads the handouts and read the books and reads the books and then reads some more then reads the book a little bit more... perseverance persistence and a willingness to learn even from idiotic doctor professors who don't want to teach because they may be training their own replacements! Some profs are that insecure in the academe. Dinila alam napaka laki ng playing field. Ayaw talaga mag turo ng maayos mga ibang profs. Sayang ang gaganda pa naman ang mga full color text nila today and so back breaking expensive...! Again my thanks to everyone who submitted their thoughts!

PM-ed you as well sir.

Hello po ulet.. Ask again for your opinions and suggestions.. ^_^

The problem is I feel that my right knee has liquid on the top of the knee cap. And I hear a popping noise when I stretch my foot.. Can you suggest what type of doctor to see and how much will I spend if I undergo operation? I heard from a friend that an injection will take out the liquid inside my knee.. But I'm not pretty sure.. Thanks!!! ^_^

By the looks of it, you may be suffering from suprapatellar bursitis. It is an inflammation of the bursa overlying the patella, and is a common condition for people in professions which entails a lot of kneeling such as house keepers, gardeners, carpenters and also in your case wherein you have frequent knee contact against the ground. The suprapatellar bursa is a fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between moving tissues of your knee. However, once irritated it can accumulate a large volume of fluid which may cause you to experience swelling over the kneecap, accompanied by pain which worsens through kneeling. You have to seek Orthopaedic consult for this ailment. Your orthopaedist may aspirate the knee for diagnostic and curative purposes.

Its really very difficult surviving med school. Your kid will spend many sleepless nights reading and studying and even sacrificing his social life. And yet, get low grades or worse, fail his subjects. Although I wouldn't blame his teachers for this. There are a lot of factors why a student has difficulty in Med school and the most important ones are his interest of the subject matter, acquired learning techniques and his innate intelligence. Unlike in college wherein a lot of learning depends on teachers spoon feeding the students, med school is different wherein adult learning with less supervision is the norm. The teachers in most medical schools are mere facilitators of learning ie: they tend to summarize the topics in the course syllabus and clarify and explain things which the students have difficulty comprehending after reading the required textbook.

what is chronic lymphocytic leukemia?

simplest answer... it's a type of leukemia where ang dominant cells are lymphocytes... different types kasi will have different treatments and prognosis... usually pag mga CLL sa mga older population yan compared sa acute leukemia, signs and symptoms of all the leukemias are similar - weakness, pallor, bone pains, easy bruisability, prone to infections... chemotherapy pa din ang treatment...

By the looks of it, you may be suffering from suprapatellar bursitis. It is an inflammation of the bursa overlying the patella, and is a common condition for people in professions which entails a lot of kneeling such as house keepers, gardeners, carpenters and also in your case wherein you have frequent knee contact against the ground. The suprapatellar bursa is a fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between moving tissues of your knee. However, once irritated it can accumulate a large volume of fluid which may cause you to experience swelling over the kneecap, accompanied by pain which worsens through kneeling. You have to seek Orthopaedic consult for this ailment. Your orthopaedist may aspirate the knee for diagnostic and curative purposes.

hi orthodoc.

i think i have this.

any medical treatment that i can take now?....nsaids or steroids or whatever?

ill try to get in touch with an ortho resident, anyhow.

thanks.

simplest answer... it's a type of leukemia where ang dominant cells are lymphocytes... different types kasi will have different treatments and prognosis... usually pag mga CLL sa mga older population yan compared sa acute leukemia, signs and symptoms of all the leukemias are similar - weakness, pallor, bone pains, easy bruisability, prone to infections... chemotherapy pa din ang treatment...

gracias!

how could you differentiate the stages?