PacMan's Corner

menime

pacquiao - barrera hindi na matutuloy, barrera signed for a fight with marquez(forgot the name). Iniiwasan nya ata tlaga c Pacquiao, jinustify nya pa ung pag sign nya ng contract, saying that if ever he wins sa fight na to, sya ang kauna unahang mexican na humawak ng belt in 4 different weight class.

if i know, takot lang sya sa sinapit ni morales :lol:

ay sus takot na yan si barrera!!!!!

watched one of his fights and if he fights that way at si Pacman same as he did with morales, lampaso din si barrera!!!

who's next? KAHIT NA SINO!!!! BRING HIM ON!!!!! PACMAN WILL DEMOLISH ALL COMERS!!!!!

YOU'RE THE MAN PACMAN!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.balita.com/images/_contents/_2005/011505/pacquiao.jpg http://15rounds.com/images/mannywmv.jpg http://www.balitangmarino.com/images/pac-bar.jpg http://www.maxboxing.com/Chee/images/Manny_Pacquiao_PacMan_276_225.jpg http://www.infiniteboxing.com/images/pacquiao_marquez02.jpghttp://www.maxboxing.com/Media/pacman_Big_Hogan.jpg
http://forum.philboxing.com/images/avatars/gallery/_custom/guerilla7.jpg http://forum.philboxing.com/images/avatars/gallery/pacquiao/pacquiao.29.jpg http://www.mindanews.com/2002/10/4th/pacquiao1-sml.jpg http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40119000/jpg/_40119603_pacman203_getty.jpghttp://forum.philboxing.com/images/avatars/gallery/pacquiao/pacquiao.16.jpghttp://www.profiboksz.hu/news/parts/BarreravsPac.jpg
Regarding your assertions in the first paragraph, I agree with you.

However, I do not share your sentiments in paragraph two. The reason for this is that Manny Pacquiao did not deliberately ask to be placed in this situation. The success that he is reaping together with the accolades are just a byproduct of what he has accomplished. When Michael Jordan was still playing ball, did anyone say that he was directly responsible for the media circus that surrounded him? Was it his fault that he was placed on a pedestal by his fans? Of course not because just like Manny Pacquiao, he got all that attention due to his exploits on the court. A person who is successful has many friends and admirers, he is literally and involuntarily the center of attention.

I don't understand why you have a problem with Manny Pacquiao asking the Filipino people to unite. Is there anything wrong with that? Is that immoral or illegal? Is that unconstitutional? Would it have been "more credible" if the one who said it was a statesman? I think not. Inasmuch as you have every right to express yourself by disparaging Manny Pacquiao, he also enjoys the same right to say what he feels and thinks. And until he says something slanderous or would pose a clear and present danger to the people, he can say what he wants.

As regards your arguments in paragraph three, I disagree with you. I think the nation has earned a respite from all the scandals and problems that they have been facing. At the very least and for a few hours, politics, the economy and all the nation's problems took a backseat. Just like a person who needs to relax and unwind once in a while, Manny Pacquiao's victory was the rest that the country needed.

I dont know whats wrong with you.......your eyesight or your reading comprehension. Manny Pacquiao is not Michael Jordan period. There is no comparison there. The pacman's action and our situation is totally different. Therefore, your comparison is irrelevant. I never said that its the pacman's fault that he was placed on a pedestal by his so called fans. I said he should be realistic/honest enough in the way he deals with his newfound fame. We are also not talking about legalities here much more constitutionality of it all or morality, you are way to off my friend. You need not to be an statesmen to be credible.....besides if thats your idea of being credible.....then wala ng credible na Pilipino dahil sino na lang ba ang natitirang statesman aside from Jovy Salonga?Reality Bites,sister.And you said it yourself.....we all have the right to say our piece no matter how stupid it is, that's why i respect your opinion.

Hey solicitor! Read Kilawin's response to your post. You've just been challenged.  :D  :P

For your info....... i already answered his challenge in my previous post but i guess it was deleted since its nowhere to be found. The resident moderator should have the courtesy to explain why. It is nothing but a reply to an off topic challenge from one of the stupid ( if not the most stupid of them all) poster in this community.

And who are you to tell "the Pacman" what to do? Be a better man first before handing your opinion so people here will listen to you. SINO KA BA? This is the problem for most uneducated filipinos, they cant help to meddle on someone else's affair.  Let me leave you by saying...

-Great people talk about ideas.

-Average people talk about things and,

-Small people talk about... other people.

Face the mirror and say your above mentioned quotation to yourself,stupid :angry: I dont have anything to explain to you because you know nothing. All you care about is who's the no. 1 model/gro/attendant in those sleazy beerjoints and massage parlors.That's the only thing you're good at, moron. I bet that you dont even understand what a TKO in boxing is,right? GRO is the only acronym that you understand. Kung pareho mo rin lang ang magdi- defend kay Pacquiao..nevermind....How pathetic.......you're a disgrace to our race......To the mods...i hope you wont delete this post para di off topic kuno......Mabuhay si pacquiao :thumbsupsmiley:

Mukha dto sa pinas gagawin next match ni pacman. sana kung dito wag malakas makakalaban. mabigat na pressure kay pacman ito.

if ever dito sana walang monoblock chairs. lahat ng manunuod naka-tayo. attitude ng majority of pinoy towards losing ay laging dinaya.

mahirap ksi pag dto ginawa. mahihirapan si pacman lalo na sa disiplina. pag sa ibang bansa mahigpit si roach. pag dtio marami eepal sa preparation ng laban.

Mukha dto sa pinas gagawin next match ni pacman. sana kung dito wag malakas makakalaban. mabigat na pressure kay pacman ito.

if ever dito sana walang monoblock chairs. lahat ng manunuod naka-tayo. attitude ng majority of pinoy towards losing ay laging dinaya.

mahirap ksi pag dto ginawa. mahihirapan si pacman lalo na sa disiplina. pag sa ibang bansa mahigpit si roach. pag dtio marami eepal sa preparation ng laban.

dito nga gagawin next.. maraming pinoy daw makakapanood.. sa rajah sulaiman park daw gaganapin..at libre.. via HBO Pay per view..

malaki kase kinita ng Music CD ni Pacquaio.. so what comes next.. e di concert.. kaya concert ni Pacquaio ang mapapanood natin...

tutuo ba na around 300k lang nakuha ni pacman dun sa rematch nya kay erik morales?...

di ba parang maliit yun?...kala ko ba 2M ang price money nya?...

:thumbsdownsmiley:

mali lng basa mo sa newspaper or sa net. 300 million peso dun sa pay per view. tpos 2 million dollars sa fight mismo.

pero hahatiin pa yan ksi sa mga promoter, managers pa and trainers.

khit 100 million matira sa kanya kahti magjakol na lng sya araw araw hindi na sya maghihirap.

wag lang sya magiging tanga sa pera

Edited by edc

I hope Jericho trains well for the role. He needs to be really good if he has to look the part of the boxer. Robin Padilla trained for six months in a real boxing stable and spent some time at the Philippine Boxing Team training facility in Baguio for a boxing movie a couple of years back. He did pretty ok. It's tough trying too look like a good boxer when good boxers themselves have a hard time looking like one. Almost the same case when you play a lawyer in the movies. Very difficult to look and sound the part. Mark Anthony Fernandez played Pacquiao in a TV drama anthology show and didn't look too good in his fight scenes. Jericho should take notes on this and start training properly to get into the character.

^That'll be a bloodfest if it happens. But Castillo may be too big for Pacquiao.  I have confidence that Pacman can win but it will take a lot out of him to stop the brawling Castillo.

castillo fights at lightweigth (135 lbs), while manny is a natural featherweight (126 lbs), ofcourse now he's in the super featherweight (130) division, which means he's already one division over his natural weight class. nothing wrong with that of course, but manny only has made a few fights in 130... i think he should spend a little more time there before moving up... traditionally, fighters who haved moved up have either grown in size (as the case with young fighters) or have no one else to beat in there current division... i have no doubts of manny being able of doing well in 135... but i think leaving 130 is too early... besides, if he decides to go up to 135, i think hed rather take morales for a 3rd money-making match...

he can also end the debate about that draw, but for that he's gonna have to go down to 126 to fight the very picky marquez. which i think would be useless coz marquez right now is not hot commodity (his titles were stripped of him coz he often was picky with his fights... often avoiding heavy hitters and favorites by bookies and oddsmakers)

right now, among the 130 fight class, theres robbie peden, vicente mosquera, janos nagy, tapia and of course marco antonio...

if he goes 135... theres jose luis castillo, jesus chavez, chico corrales (who i think is too tall for manny), rahim (also too tall for manny), casamayor, freitas and of course el terrible...

eitherway, i think manny gets to call the shots now, and personnally, id like for him to take on marco antonio... word has it, golden boy promotions has given team pacman a preferential nod over marco antonios fight this march... too soon you say? nah! i beleive the pacman can do it... maybe not march... but i think it wont be a problem considering he didnt get any serious injuries with his match witl morales... besides, there's the hype factor too... who knows, the clash might be nominated for ring mag's fight of the year... or perhaps manny getting a nod for a chance to be named fighter of the year ( in know its a long shot, floyd mayweather will probably win again...)

I hope Jericho trains well for the role.  He needs to be really good if he has to look the part of the boxer.  Robin Padilla trained for six months in a real boxing stable and  spent some time at the Philippine Boxing Team training facility in Baguio for a boxing movie a couple of years back.  He did pretty ok.  It's tough trying too look like a good boxer when good boxers themselves have a hard time looking like one.  Almost the same case when you play a lawyer in the movies. Very difficult to look and sound the part. Mark Anthony Fernandez played Pacquiao in a TV drama anthology show and didn't look too good in his fight scenes. Jericho should take notes on this and start training properly to get into the character.

nyak, c jericho ba? hehe ok na sya c panday, pati ba naman c pacman sya rin? haha lahat nalang ah...hehe

castillo fights at  lightweigth (135 lbs), while manny is a natural featherweight (126 lbs), ofcourse now he's in the super featherweight (130) division, which means he's already one division over his natural weight class. nothing wrong with that of course, but manny only has made a few fights in 130... i think he should spend a little more time there before moving up... traditionally, fighters who haved moved up have either grown in size (as the case with young fighters) or have no one else to beat in there current division... i have no doubts of manny being able of doing well in 135... but i think leaving 130 is too early... besides, if he decides to go up to 135, i think hed rather take morales for a 3rd money-making match...

he can also end the debate about that draw, but for that he's gonna have to go down to 126 to fight the very picky marquez. which i think would be useless coz marquez right now is not hot commodity (his titles were stripped of him coz he often was picky with his fights... often avoiding heavy hitters and favorites by bookies and oddsmakers)

right now, among the 130 fight class, theres robbie peden, vicente mosquera, janos nagy, tapia and of course marco antonio...

if he goes 135... theres jose luis castillo, jesus chavez, chico corrales (who i think is too tall for manny), rahim (also too tall for manny), casamayor, freitas and of course el terrible...

eitherway, i think manny gets to call the shots now, and personnally, id like for him to take on marco antonio... word has it, golden boy promotions has given team pacman a preferential nod over marco antonios fight this march... too soon you say? nah! i beleive the pacman can do it... maybe not march... but i think it wont be a problem considering he didnt get any serious injuries with his match witl morales... besides, there's the hype factor too... who knows, the clash might be nominated for ring mag's fight of the year... or perhaps manny getting a nod for a chance to be named fighter of the year ( in know its a long shot, floyd mayweather will probably win again...)

Recah Trinidad wrote in a recent article that Manny was pissing blood after the fight. That only means he got beat up and will need more time to recover. March is too soon. Its already February and Manny's body has not yet fully recovered from the beating much less trained up for a March date.

On his next fight, I've commented on it numerous times in the past that his big money fights will be the trilogy with Barrera and Morales regardless of the results. Assuming of course that he doesn't get laid out like a cheap rug. Case in point is Morales who even after getting a savage beating from Pacquiao is still at least the second best option for Manny for another multi million dollar payday. The sharing may tilt in favor of Manny because he won the last fight and has bragging rights but it wouldn't go beyond a 60-40 split. Same thing would have happened if Manny lost. They will still push for a trilogy to milk the earning potential of the rivalry.

Marquez is the odd man looking in and waiting for scraps. Serves him right for snubbing Manny in the past. On the other fighters, they can wait. The money will not be as big as a Barrera or Morales fight and the risks are greater because his fighting naturally bigger boxers.

A good tune up in six months? New WBC featherweight champion, 35 year old Takashi Kashimoto of Japan who defeated Korea's In Jin Chi by split decision last Sunday in Fukuoka Japan may be a good bet. He's a lot older and less sturdier than Pacquiao, does not have a lot of punching power (39 wins, 17 by KO) and offers a third championship belt as a bonus. The only problem is Manny will have to go down to 126 lbs which he can do if given the proper time to prepare. A Manila bout is a must to avoid the possibility of a hometown decision in the land of the rising sun.