PacMan's Corner

menime

kung ako si PACQUAIO, tatakbo akong PRESIDENTE NG PILIPINAS HEHEHEHEHEH!!!! may P30-40 million na siya eh, ipamudmod nya sa masa tiyak na mananalo siya hehehe..

GALING TLGA NI PARENG MANNY!!!!

parang sa kanta nya:

"Para sa yo, ang laban na to...

Para sa yo, ang laban na to..."

magmumultiplatinum na ang album nya nito hehehe...

Congratulations to Manny!!!

I can't believe what I read sa news kanina that there are lawmakers who are suggesting to make friday a non-working holiday to welcome Manny Pacquiao.  He is a national treasure -- yes, but I do not agree na kailangan pa gawing holiday ang friday pag-uwi niya. 

When the Philippines won the championship sa SEA games, d naman nag-declare ng holiday to celebrate it, right?

Si Bong Revilla yung nag propose. Pumapapel lumalabas tuloy katangahan niya.

kung ako si PACQUAIO, tatakbo akong PRESIDENTE NG PILIPINAS HEHEHEHEHEH!!!! may P30-40 million na siya eh, ipamudmod nya sa masa tiyak na mananalo siya hehehe..

Mahina P40M for President brod. To give you an idea, to run for Congress a candidate needs around P80M. Why do you think Congressmen are so hardworking? Working hard to earn back the money they spent I mean ;).

Congratulations to Manny!!!

I can't believe what I read sa news kanina that there are lawmakers who are suggesting to make friday a non-working holiday to welcome Manny Pacquiao.  He is a national treasure -- yes, but I do not agree na kailangan pa gawing holiday ang friday pag-uwi niya. 

When the Philippines won the championship sa SEA games, d naman nag-declare ng holiday to celebrate it, right?

For me it's fine because at a very short period of time he make us all united with one spirit and one prayer for Manny to win this...

I dont want to compare it with SEA games kasi South East Asia lang and involve, Ito kasi buong mundo... and he make us proud with this win especially Morales and the Mexian Press people :thumbsdownsmiley: downgrade him for his grammatical error during the press conference...

Sabi ko nga, Manny just humble yourself and show the world of your greatness... :)

may makakalaban muna si barrera so si pacman dapat si marquez muna labanan nya.

dun ksi may draw. early rounds si pacman winning pero late round si marquez na.

pag ito natalo na ni pacman ok na. at least natalo na nya yung 3 na mexican.

sa tatlo pa naman si marquez yung ok katawan and magaling na counterpuncher. imagine tatlo beses nakabagsak nkabangon pa at medyo nakabawi.

kay morales and barrera nung bumagsak hindi na nakabawi.

so pacman dont be overconfident. bk makasungkit si marquez.

Guys,

Read this, it shows the magnanimity and sporting gesture of Erik Morales in defeat.

http://www.secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=18503

He should be humble because he was humbled, hehehhehe! Pero ganyan talaga si Morales, thats the mark of a true warrior! Kahit panalo sya he never fails to acknowledge yung nakalaban nya, except of course dun sa laban nila ni Barrera, hindi nya matanggap yung result ng laban nila nun, but its understandable dahil may bad blood talaga between that two Mexicans...

I wonder kung natalo si Pacquiao, malamang katakot-takot na palusot na naman yun... heheheheh!

haha! i just finished downloading the whole fiight! almost 1 hour din sya...un nga lng d kasama ung national anthems!..kainis wala ung sumigaw ng laban pacman.ung makhang tanga...ganda sanang gawing ring tone...haha...laban pacman...mukhang tanga tlga ung babaeng un...haha..nweis nung pinanuod ko ulit...magaling prn si morales kahit anong mangyari...ang magiging palusot ni morales is that he was exhausted....hindi sya ganun ka condition for the match...nweis im trying to download the first match para maganda..haha..

Guest Inquisitive
i really want to see Manny move up in weight and fight the likes of Diego Corrales. that would be interesting

Yes, that fight could be interesting however it is almost impossible and very unlikely that it will happen. The reason for this is that Freddie Roach has gone on record and said that Manny will never go up in weight, he (Manny) will stay put in the Super Featherweight Division. Even Manny Pacquiao said that he is willing to fight anyone as long as it is in the Super Featherweight Division.

If Manny goes up again in weight, it will be a stretch for him. Remember that Manny started out as a Flyweight (112 lbs) and fighting in the Super Featherweight Division (130 lbs) is already remarkable for someone who is campaigning in a division which so far from where he originally started. However, if he fights natural lightweights (135 lbs fighters), he will have a hard time and his punching power will be nullified because his opponents are bigger and will be able to absorb his punches.

Yes, that fight could be interesting however it is almost impossible and very unlikely that it will happen. The reason for this is that Freddie Roach has gone on record and said that Manny will never go up in weight, he (Manny) will stay put in the Super Featherweight Division. Even Manny Pacquiao said that he is willing to fight anyone as long as it is in the Super Featherweight Division.

If Manny goes up again in weight, it will be a stretch for him. Remember that Manny started out as a Flyweight (112 lbs) and fighting in the Super Featherweight Division (130 lbs) is already remarkable for someone who is campaigning in a division which so far from where he originally started. However, if he fights natural lightweights (135 lbs fighters), he will have a hard time and his punching power will be nullified because his opponents are bigger and will be able to absorb his punches.

yes that right, Manny is a natural super feather while Morales is a natural lightweight.. Morales is very much underweight fighting in 130lbs..he stands around 5'9".. that is Morales lost power in his punches.. in those 2 fights.. i never saw manny seriously staggered or even seriously battered to a pulp.. except for the bloody headbutt.. if Manny fights as lightweight.. not only will he be fighting much taller opponents..but he will certainly lose his speed.. remember.. if Manny will be fighting at 135 lbs.. his normal daily weight should fall at near 140 lbs.. thats a fat manny pacquaio.. he could very well clash with super lightweight WBC Champ and Russian legend Kostya Tszu..who is a power puncher and stands at 5'7".

The top light weights will be too much for Manny. And you have to remember that boxers bulk up after the weigh in and could add up to 10lbs in body weight come fight time. Manny is a natural featherweight at this point and is just stretching to fight at Super-Featherweight where the prime match-ups are. During the Morales fight, he was safely under the 130 lb limit while Erik came in close to 140 lbs. That's a big gap in boxing. If he fights at lightweight, expect Manny to fight guys who may be over 140 lbs.

Going after a lightweight title might be worthwile if it will add to his legacy as a multi-titled boxer. Right now, Manny can easily go for at least two more titles as the big money fights will point him to multiple title fights as well. The Barrera rematch will be for the WBC/IBF versions of the Super-Featherweight/Jr. Lightweight title and a possible return bout with Juan Miguel Marquez will be for a share of the Featherweight crown assuming JMM will be able to regain the titles stripped from him by the governing bodies. If Pacman is lucky enough, he can end up with 4 titles in as many weight classes which will be quite a mean feat. This will even eclipse the achievements of both Barrera and Morales and can put Pacquiao in the company of only a handful of pugilists that includes greats Julio Cesar Chavez and Oscar De La Hoya. A run at the Lightweight title, even if only against one of the lesser regarded lightweight titlists, after that will only be for demi God status. That decision will be at least three figths away (a Barrera and a Morales rematch then a tune-up match at lightweight) and it will surely cross Pacquiao's mind. The man surely likes challenges.

a lesson in face/nose distortion without using photoshop

this is the newly developed right hook of Manny.. this is what did it in the 10th round.. dito pa lang umikot na paningin ni Morales eh.. kaya di na nya nakita yung left straight nung umilag sya.. sobrang umiikot na paningin nya.. It was this right hook that won it for Manny..

yes that right, Manny is a natural super feather while Morales is a natural lightweight.. Morales is very much underweight fighting in 130lbs..he stands around 5'9".. that is Morales lost power in his punches.. in those 2 fights.. i never saw manny seriously staggered or even seriously battered to a pulp.. except for the bloody headbutt..  if Manny fights as lightweight.. not only will he be fighting much taller opponents..but he will certainly lose his speed..  remember.. if Manny will be fighting at 135 lbs.. his normal daily weight should fall at near 140 lbs.. thats a fat manny pacquaio.. he could very well clash with super lightweight WBC Champ and Russian legend Kostya Tszu..who is a power puncher and stands at 5'7".

Manny is a natural featherweight. He's barely over 130 during off season and doesn't even diet to make the weight. He can easily make 126 and double his punching power. Fighting Kostya Tszu is another matter though. I have heaps of faith in the Pacman but Kosta is just a mean mother. Did you see his knockout of Zab Judah? Judah was witless for about 10 seconds.

The top light weights will be too much for Manny. And you have to remember that boxers bulk up after the weigh in and could add up to 10lbs in body weight come fight time.  Manny is a natural featherweight at this point and is just stretching to fight at Super-Featherweight where the prime match-ups are.  During the Morales fight, he was safely under the 130 lb limit while Erik came in close to 140 lbs. That's a big gap in boxing. If he fights at lightweight, expect Manny to fight guys who may be over 140 lbs. 

Going after a lightweight title might  be worthwile if it will add to his legacy as a multi-titled boxer.  Right now, Manny can easily go for at least two more titles as the big money fights will point him to multiple title fights as well.  The Barrera rematch will be for the WBC/IBF versions of the Super-Featherweight/Jr. Lightweight title and a possible return bout with Juan Miguel Marquez will be for a share of the Featherweight crown assuming JMM will be able to regain the titles stripped from him by the governing bodies.  If Pacman is lucky enough, he can end up with 4 titles in as many weight classes which will be quite a mean feat.  This will even eclipse the achievements of both Barrera and Morales and can put Pacquiao in the company of only a handful of pugilists that includes greats Julio Cesar Chavez and Oscar De La Hoya.  A run at the Lightweight title, even if only against one of the lesser regarded lightweight titlists, after that will only be for demi God status.  That decision will be at least three figths away (a Barrera and a Morales rematch then a tune-up match at lightweight) and it will surely cross Pacquiao's mind.  The man surely likes challenges.

boxers do not really bulk up during a fight.. but they trim down abnormally before the weigh in by not drinking any water, and shedding water.. their everyday weight is 3 to 4lbs above the limit.. so for manny pacquaio.. his everyday weight should fall in the 133 lbs.. but for Manny its different.. his everyday weight is still at 128-129 lbs.. so it is impossible for him to move up in weight to lightweight.. he will probably retire at super featherweight 130lbs..

basically the case is boxers who fight at 130lbs weighs at near 133 lbs 'during' the fight.. above the weight limit..

^I never said or implied that boxers train to bulk up for a fight. You misread my post completely. It just stated that Morales weighed more during the fight than Pacquiao which is normal for boxers after they weigh in. Even if Pacquiao and Morales weighed almost identical during the weigh-in. I may miss your whole point too if I only deal with Morales' weight issues so let me try to hit everything in one sweep so that i don't miss anything.

You are correct that boxers usually don't bulk up for a fight. What they do is train to make the weight and bulk up after the weigh-in. But then again your statement is not entirely true because boxers also train to "bulk" up if they intend to fight in a heavier weight class just like when Roy Jones moved to heavyweight or when Oscar De La Hoya moved up to fight Bernars Hopkins and the countless boxers who moved up to fight in heavier divisions withou really outgrowing their natural weight classes. They all trained to bulk up. Well sometimes some boxers outgrow their divisions and will have to train to even get lighter to fight in a heavier division. It's just not the case with Morales in the fight as he trained to make the weight but he ended up bulking up come fight time.

Boxers train to make the weight that they are fighting in. Its usual for a boxer to be in a weight class that is lower than there normal everyday non-training weight. They have to be a little bit over the weight limit of their weight class during the off season and even during training because heavy training will take its toll on weight by the time they have to fight. Ideally, a boxer must be just a few pounds over the weight class restriction but some boxers are just too heavy during the off season that they need to lose too much when training and trying to make the weigh-in. Thus in Morales' case, he needed to bulk up after the weigh in because he lost too much weight leading towards the weigh-in. You could see the difference in Morales's face during the weigh-in as his eyes and cheeks were sunk in and he looked dehydrated. As against the way he looked during the fight. Even the announcers mentioned this weight difference and said that he weighed close to 140 lbs. Pacquiao was just lucky that he is comfortable with the 130 lb limit and didn't need to lose weight for the weigh-in and then regain the weight again to have enough power and energy during the fight. He is also lucky enough that Morales didn't recover too quickly which made him less sturdier in the fight. I'm not putting out excuses for Morales. It's his fault for not making the weight properly. This is normal now for pro boxing which allows boxers to put on weight after the weigh-in and weigh heavier for the fight. It used to be that the weigh in is done the morning before the fight and doesn't give a boxer too much time to eat up the weight he loses for the weigh-in. Now the weigh-in is done a day before the fight and boxers have been known to stretch the limits of weight loss-gain for this weigh-in. Sometimes it works for the recovering boxer (see Hopkins-Trinidad comment below), sometimes it doesn't as the energy lost is just too much to make up.

This is what happened with Morales, he was way overweight leading up to the fight, was probably already struggling to be at 3-4 pounds over the limit before the fight and had to really diet himself to starvation and dehyfration for extended periods of time while triaining just to make the weigh-in. Then he tried to recover all the weight after the weigh-in. He did weigh considerably more but his energy was gone.

As for Manny moving up to lightweight, t's not really impossible even if his natural resting weight is slightly just under 130lbs. In the off season, it is reported that he can go over by as much as 5 lbs which is nothing as other boxers can go between 10-15lbs and progressively more as the weight class increases. That's why I believe that Manny is still a natural featherweight because he doesn't even diet to make his weight and only needs 2 months to prep for a fight. If he diets and prepares longer, he can easily make the 126 lb limit for featherweight without losing any power.

Same thing when he wants to fight in a heavier division. He needs to bulk up but he needs to do it over a longer period of time to get his body used to the heavier weight. He also needs to pack the weight slowly. A pound a month while undergoing training is ideal, meaning he will need to put on more muscle. If Manny is currently fighting at 128-129 lbs, 3-4 lbs of muscle over a 4 month period is not impossible to achieve. He doesn't need to go up to the full 135 lbs, just enough to give him a little buffer to take the heavier punches and to give his punches a little bit more power without losing the sting.

Moving up and down weight classes is not an impossible barrier for a boxer. I do have some first hand information on this at various levels of participation and it's not just something that I just read about or pick-up from commentators. Not that I don't read profusely on the subject matter. For one, I've also seen it personally with a lot of top ranked amateur boxers who even have to maintain the weight over a 1-2 week period during the duration of competitions. This a different calvary altogether as the boxers consistently diet in between fights while trying to recover fromt he banging from a previous fight and preparing for the next bout. Its not an exact comparisson but it's not really a stretch as the principles are the same. With th eproper training and preparaton, it can be done and the boxer will have a good shot at making it at a different weight class.

Fighting weight will vary from weigh-in weight from boxer to boxer. A 3-5 lb difference is ideal but is not always the case. Remember the Bernard Hopkins-Tito Trinidad fight? They both weighed in at 167-168 but come fight time, Hopkins was 10lbs heavier and didn't show any slowdown in speed. That spelled the end for Tito who couldn't take the power of Hopkins.

Which is my point for my first post. The problem will not really be if Manny can make the weight when he jumps to Lightweight, believe me he can, even Freddie Roach never mentioned that it would be impossible for Manny to make the weight. If Morales and Barrera were lightweights, Manny would be fighting at lightweight to go for the big money. The bigger issue will be is would Manny have enough weight on him to take the heavier blows at Lightweight. Even if Manny can deliver his bigger punches, he still needs to be able to take punishment to be able to fight back and unleash his punches. That's Freddie Roach's main concern as mentioned in INQUISITIVE's earlier post.

But as I have said earlier, it will cross his mind when he gets there and his decision will depend on the motivation that the fight willl offer. If there is enough money to be made that he cannot make elsewhere or if it will offer him a chance at multiple-titles or both. For all we know, this can all be present but he just doesn't have the fire in his eyes to go at it one more time. But it will not be because he couldn't put on the weight. My two mameras worth.

Fighting Kostya Tszu is another matter though.  I have heaps of faith in the Pacman but Kosta is just a mean mother.  Did you see his knockout of  Zab Judah? Judah was witless for about 10 seconds.

just an update sir,you might know about it anyway but k. tszu lost on his last fight against mancunian ricky hatton. same with zab judah who also lost on his last fight. so in this division medyo anything goes ang dating pero duda ako if team pacquiao will try their luck on this weight class.based on various interviews,concentrate muna sila sa same weight class.kahit nga yung rematch w/marquez payag sila as long as bababa ng timbang si marquez eh.pero sa pro boxing,anything is possible as long as the price is right,kaya who knows?

The so called Pacquiao victory celebration is nothing but a reflection of how rotten Philippine society is. Those vulture like politicians roaming around him is sickening to say the least. The first gentleman whispering sweet nothings to his wife on national television almost made me vomit. Chavit Singson bragging about his bet ( 20 million pesos daw) while the poor ilocano tobacco farmers continue to languish in poverty is distasteful. The guy should be in prison together with his former pal ERAP for god's sake!!! and yet ... there he was enjoying his stay in a 5 star hotel in the company of many other corrupt politicos. While people are busy in anticipation of this "battle", Shell and the rest of the oil companies increased prices of petrolium products whis is another blow to Juan Dela Cruz :angry: :angry: . While enjoying the euphoria of "winning" a DH abroad ( which by the way are the real heroes of this great nation) is about to be beheaded and his father cant get there because according to DFA, we have no money!!!! How ironic!!! Senator Lapid and almost half of congress have the gull to spend an enormous amount of money to watch the fight and yet our government cannot provide a round trip ticket to a grieving OCW father. :thumbsdownsmiley: The domination of media mogul ABS-CBN stopping other smaller networks and media outlets of what is supposed to be a "fight for our nation" is another example of class A1 injustice.

But the saddest thing is that the Pacman is not only the willing victim of this hypocracy....but the main player. To me , his statement about he fought first and foremost for the country is hypocracy at its highest form. His call for unity is as bullshit as they come.Tell it to the marines pacman boy!!! If he is really after the unity of our people, he should not have given ABS-CBN exclusive rights to his fight because that alone has caused a massive divisiveness. He should stop acting like a hero and a saviour because he is not. Stop rubbing elbows with these politicians. Just concentrate on fighting in the ring and avoid all of those "makabayan pa epek". He just bought a car in the US and is planning to bring it here. Im sure we will not charge him its corresponding tax because he is a HERO!!!

Manny Pacquiao Phenomenon is nothing but a "short live fantasy" that consumes the psyche of the Filipino People...........being fed by the media and the government especially to the poor.... to give us temporary ecstacy!!! Its like a sweet pill to make us forget the bitter reality that confronts our society.This government will suck this issue up to the very end......they will continue to feed us moments of victory....Senator Revilla is even proposing a non working holiday to welcome the PACMAN which is both unfair ( to other winning athletes )and absurd (but what can you expect from an absentee senator)........Its like those dementors in Harry Potter movies(in reverse) ....they will feast on the newfound happiness of our people.....to make us forget the real issue on hand.......the harsh reality of poverty, inequality and a corrupt government. PWEH :thumbsdownsmiley: