PacMan's Corner

menime

The more I think about it, i felt sorry for those who said that Manny won over de la hoya, because de la hoya was already washed up. Sure de la hoya was way past his prime, but it did not mean that the main variable in the equation why Manny won was because of that. On that day that they met on the ring, Manny was simply the faster, and more technical boxer than de la hoya was. Simple as that. He was using better head movement and was better at his combinations. De la hoya was simply too confused, he could not figure out a way to neutralize his opponent. But he stepped in that ring with manny as long as he could, till he had no more to give.

Just look at Hatton, he was still at his physical prime when he fought manny. and he only lasted a mere two rounds? So in the end, it can be argued na mas magaling at matibay pa pala physically si de la hoya kay hatton. Well I guess De la Hoya has something to be thankful for, his defeat was not so embarassing as hatton's is.

naku po... may chismiss nanaman... disqualified si Pacman dahil may nakitang drugs sa IHI.. hahahaha.

^^^^

Anu nanaman yan? san naman napulot yan? hahaha

“Watch the news! Pacquiao disqualified by Nevada Athletic Commission! Drugs found in his urine!..... puro Alaxan, Circulan, Robitussin at may Datu Puti pa!”

nag kalat sa text. Now you know. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by puretuts
post-71903-1241412960.jpg

=================================

Pinagmamasdan ni Hatton yung belt niya na napunta kay Manny.

Manny rakes in $2 million per minute

By Abac Cordero Updated May 04, 2009 12:00 AM

Manny Pacquiao, of the Philippines, celebrates after beating British boxer Ricky Hatton by TKO in the second round of their junior welterweight title boxing match yesterday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. AP

LAS VEGAS – Based on his guaranteed purse of $12 million, Manny Pacquiao technically earned $2 million per minute for his two-round demolition of Ricky Hatton at the MGM Grand.

While it should be not computed by the dollar, by the minute, by the round, especially after the huge tax deductions, the training and travel expenses, or once everything else comes in, Pacquiao still made a huge killing this time.

It was the biggest fight ever for Pacquiao. It was the first time he received a guaranteed purse of $12 million, and he stands to earn a couple more on the giant pay-per-view sales that should come in a week or two from now.

Pacquiao’s guaranteed purse is equivalent to P576 million and if one pushes through with the dollar-per-round earnings, it means Pacquiao earned more or less P96 million for every minute.

Or P16 million per second.

Pacquiao threw a total of 127 punches against Hatton (105 power punches and 22 jabs) and connected 73 times for a high 57 percent, according to computer statistics.

Hatton threw only 78 punches and landed only 18 times (two jabs and 16 power punches).

Again, if it is to be computed, he technically earned $164,000 for each of the 73 punches landed (65 power punches and 8 jabs).

That’s P7.8 million for every punch, including the one that knocked Hatton out in the second round

I cant help but speculate that one of the many reasons why Pretty boy is coming out of retirement is because he is starting to get insecure of what is happening with the boxing world after he left. He tought kasi kahit nagretire na siya, people will still regard him as the best boxer of this era. Tapos ngayon, many beat up two of floyd’s last two opponents better than he did. I mean for a guy like pbf, the part where you really can hurt this guy the most is his ego. Kahit di siya nagretire, masasapawan pa din siya ni Manny sa pound for pound rankings. And the most respected boxing critics say that many does not need to fight mayweather to cement his status as the best boxer of this time. Actually its now mayweather who needs to fight many and win to put the money where his mouth is.

Welcome home Floyd! And welcome to the new era!

it goes to show n with little govt intervention and with gud coaches and having a freak like manny (w/c is one in a million among filipino) phil boxing could be great....

Mas maganda ngang wala nang government intervention. Look whats happening sa PSAs natin, mga sports associations. Puro intriga, back stabbing, kampihan. Nakatunganga yung mga athletes at sila na lang pinapanood. Dami pang corruption

In addition...

Steve Nash: Pacquiao is the best on the planet. Can we please have Floyd Mayweather Jr v Pacquiao?!

Steve Nash: Big love to all my Filipinos for the AMAZING PACMAN! Love how u support him. I wanna be an honorary Filipino! How do I earn my stripes?

Steve Nash of the Phoenix suns? the basketball player?

Edited by charmed shannen

Naman, ikaw ba naman matumba ng ganun eh. Tama nga si Kenny Bayless, he did not need to count. Kahit bilangan mo si Hatton ng 1-200 di na talaga siya makakatayo. If Manny delivered that same onslaught to any less experienced and less trained boxer, Im sure that boxer would be lucky to end up being paralyzed, on permanently injured.

Kaya after this, I dont think that valero should ever fight pacquiao. Me crack na si Valero sa bungo due to a motorcyle accident. Mapapatay lang siya ni pacquiao pag naglaban sila.

Manny, when interviewed today

Manny noticed that Hatton was going to his (hatton) right ... whenever he unleash his (manny) right jab ....

when he saw this pattern he gave him the goodby left .....

ayaw naman sana ni manny but sugod ng sugod si pareng ricky ..... so there he went ...

Hoopburners, exactly my point! Mayweather handpicked most of his significant fights. He handpicked a lot of good fighter whom he knew would not stand a chance against him to protect his unbeated record. Then he went on to the world to self proclaim that he is the best fighter in the world. He did not exactly always fight the best in his division. In fact, he ducked miguel cotto, because cotto would have been a guy who could fight back. What a real pussy.

Sa lahat ng mga sira-ulo na sumuporta kay Ricky Hatton. I can't blame you if you were British. But if you are a true blue Pinoy, SHAME ON YOU.

I am nearly 40. And I remember rooting for Ali, Leonard, Hagler, etc. While all that was good. It was missing something. Now I know. For the first time in my life, I am rooting for one of our own. And he is no run of the mill paper tiger champion, in the mold of the Navarettes and even the Espinosas. Champions come and go. And with the alphabet soup of boxing councils out there, world champions, at any given time can exceed 100!

But Pacman is not just another world champion he is considered as one of the best... EVER! He is the Tiger Woods... or Kobe Bryant, if you will, of boxing. And he is OUR OWN. And you fcukers can't go on board on that? Lol!

It may take another 40 years before another Pacman comes out of our own little neck of the woods. I am enjoying every bit of it... until it lasts...

WHAT'S ON THE CELEBRITIES TWITTER?

<snip>

Steve Nash: Big love to all my Filipinos for the AMAZING PACMAN! Love how u support him. I wanna be an honorary Filipino! How do I earn my stripes?

Somebody sign this guy up to play for our national basketball team quick! Lol! :thumbsupsmiley: