PacMan's Corner

menime

Sus, nagsisinungaling at nagpapalusot pa si Pacman.............halata naman............. :P

=======================================================

Pacman blames ABS-CBN

By Abac Cordero Updated March 24, 2009 12:00 AM

GMA Network chairman and chief executive officer Felipe Gozon (third from left) welcomes the decision of Manny Pacquiao to honor his contract with Solar Sports and GMA-7 during yesterday’s press conference at the GMA building. Others in photo are (from left) Solar Sports COO Peter Chanliong, Solar Sports chair William Tieng, and GMA Networl EVP and COO Gilberto Duavit, Jr.

| Zoom MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao yesterday claimed that the news video aired by ABS-CBN, which showed him rescinding his contract with Solar Sports, was not supposed to have been shown at all.

Pacquiao said he did not want to go on air and announce that he has switched back to ABS-CBN until it was established that his contract with Solar, good from 2007 until 2011, had indeed been violated.

“Ginawa namin yung video statement basta ang usapan itatago lang at hindi muna ilalabas (We did it based on the agreement that it was for embargo),” said Pacquiao in a phone patch from LA.

“Ayoko muna gumawa sana ng video. Sabi ko titingnan ko pa ang Solar contract kung may violation nga (I didn’t want to make a video because I wanted to see first if my contract was violated).

“Walang violation so hindi dapat nilabas. Abugado nila ang gumawa ng statement (There was no violation so it shouldn’t have been shown. Their (ABS-CBN) lawyer prepared that statement,” said Pacquiao.

What’s quite ironic, if Pacquiao’s latest statement is true, was that he once again appeared over ABS-CBN last Friday, saying, “My decision is still the same. Watch my fight with Ricky Hatton on ABS-CBN.”

ABS-CBN later announced it wouldn’t make a statement, according to network executive Kane Choa. The other day, the station said it was letting go of Pacquiao.

“Is there anything new? I thought we’ve let go (of Pacquiao) as per yesterday’s statement. But from what I know it was Pacquiao who dictated the timing (of the news video),” said an ABS-CBN insider.

“Manny Pacquiao approached ABS-CBN to be his media partner in airing his next fights. We thank him for trusting us. He signed a contract with us, but we will not stand in the way if he decides to change his mind. We respect it (Pacquiao’s decision to honor the Solar contract), wish him good luck and we wait to hear from him,” said ABS-CBN in a statement the other day.

The video, shot in the balcony of Pacquiao’s LA apartment, was aired Wednesday evening over ABS-CBN, and triggered a very heated argument between ABS-CBN and Solar/GMA-7.

In that video, Pacquiao said Solar erred in delivering part of his payment for his May 2

PACQUIAO's Retraction Statement at ABS-CBN & GMA-7 - KRIS AQUINO's ELATION - March 23, 2009

Amusing to see Kris Aquino in high elation when Manny Pacquiao rescind his 'contract' at Solar Sports and considered ABS-CBN as a new media partner once again. Kris Aquino also called Jinky her 'kumare' prior to Manny's returning back to Solar Sports.

snapshots from the video

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/DCRJ8/PDVD_022-2.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/DCRJ8/PDVD_019-2.jpg

Edited by Anaheim
F.UCK ABS-CBN! Alam naman nila na merong contract si Manny eh, bakit ba kung ano ano pang attempt to pirate him (now when he is busy training for a crucial fight). Tanginanyo mga GAGO! Mamatay ka na Willie (ok, no connection there, pero ABS-CBN siya di ba?) :D

GMA! KA-PUSO! GMA! KAPUSO!

F.UCK ABS-CBN! Alam naman nila na merong contract si Manny eh, bakit ba kung ano ano pang attempt to pirate him (now when he is busy training for a crucial fight). Tanginanyo mga GAGO! Mamatay ka na Willie (ok, no connection there, pero ABS-CBN siya di ba?) :D

post-111899-1237862218.gif

post-111899-1237862248.jpg

post-111899-1237862297.gif

PACQUIAO's Retraction Statement at ABS-CBN & GMA-7 - KRIS AQUINO's ELATION - March 23, 2009

Amusing to see Kris Aquino in high elation when Manny Pacquiao rescind his 'contract' at Solar Sports and considered ABS-CBN as a new media partner once again. Kris Aquino also called Jinky her 'kumare' prior to Manny's returning back to Solar Sports.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqqRr5HYkpY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqqRr5HYkpY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

snapshots from the video

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/DCRJ8/PDVD_022-2.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l40/DCRJ8/PDVD_019-2.jpg

Hahaha.... nakakatuwa yung video ni Kris.

Mag-concentrate na lang sa pag-training si Manny. May contract pa naman sa Solar till 2011, so wag ng palipat lipat.

Yan minsan ang hirap sa dos eh. Wag ng piratahin, pabayaan na lang till 2011 saka niyo na kunin ang rights after the contract of Solar expires.

^^ Well, according to the press release of Manny, he was amendable to switching to ABS-CBN (for the sweeter deal), IF and ONLY IF, they can smooth out his contractual obligations. Sportsmen do this all the time. Contracts are bought by one entity from another. This is no big deal. The fly in the ointment was that ABS-CBN never bothered to buy out his contract from SOLAR (or GMA). They released the press release video they were supposed to hold on to until they've smoothed out the contracts. F.UCK ABS-CBN! SUNOG, sila dito. I believe the press release of Manny. Ngayon boycott siya sa ABS-CBN, ni ayaw niyang pa-interview. Mukhang tanga tuloy si Dyan Castillejo! Lol!

tanggalin na dapat nya si Gacal sa tabi nya, ito rin yata nambubuyo eh. o talagang walang alam sa batas.

si Fortun na lang kunin nya...

Gacal = kupal :evil:

My exact same thought. Saang pipitsuging eskwelahan ba nag-aral ng batas si Gacal. Wala ng magawa si Manny kundi turo sa kanan turo sa kaliwa, palusot dito palusot yan. Come to think of it, di ko din naman siya masisisi kasi ano ba alam ni manny sa konrata at mga ligalidad tungkol dito? He is hiring the wrong people to review his contracts

Eto namang si Gacal switik masyado. Ilang beses ng napapahiya at nasisira si Manny sa kung kani kaninong tao dahil sa kagaguhan nya. Sinabit na siya nung una sa golden boy at top rank, tapos dun sa fight contract kay hatton, ngayon naman with abs-cbn. Tingin ko talagang ginagamit lang ni gacal pagiging ignorante ni pacquiao para perahan siya. Afterall its manny who always have to face the music at hindi siya sakali mang pumalpak kontratata.

Kaya nga kahit ganun na karami kinita ni Pacquiao, I don't believe he is set for life. Baka nga panay gupit nila gacal sa kita ni pacquiao eh. Ewan ko lang pag namulubi ito si pacquiao after a while. Isipin nyo kung sila holyfield nga, mayweather, at jones jr, na mas malaki kinita sa kanya sa pagboboxing namroblema din sa pera, si manny pa kaya na niloloko ng abugado?

Tapos gusto pa niya maging congressman? Sarili nya ngang kontrata di nya maayos batas pa kaya?

Hay naku gawin nya na dapat sparring partner ang gacal na ito para maturuan ng leksyon

We can blame all we want ABS CBN but pacquiao's attitude is the real culprit here. He has no sense of loyalty, no word of honor and is becoming very, very greedy. its sad that many filipinos and foreigners alike look up to him and they see these traits which are very "un-filipino" to say the least.

Pacquiao is already very very rich so its not an excuse that he is just looking out for his welfare. he should have considered the fact that at the time the contract between him and SOLAR was signed, IT was the best offer made to him so he should observe the provisions of the contract. Secondly, he was quick to jump to ABS and ditch GMA eventhough the latter gambled on him and gave him several shows which ABS did not do when he was still there.

Im just saying this because im really a big pacquiao fan and i hope that he will not go the way of past boxers who were easily corrupted and/or manipulated until they ended up with nothing.

^paano bibigyan ng show eh db kinalaban ng channel 2 ang pagtakbo ni PACMAN sa pagkacongress thats why umalis sya at pumunta ng kapuso... at sinalo sya ng kapuso. binigyan ng show pero ano ngyayari naiwan magisa si chris tiu.

basta ako manonood na lang ako direct sa solar sobrang delayed kpag kapuso binabalita agad ng kapamilya kung ano nangyari lol..

We can blame all we want ABS CBN but pacquiao's attitude is the real culprit here. He has no sense of loyalty, no word of honor and is becoming very, very greedy.

Its sad that many filipinos and foreigners alike look up to him and they see these traits which are very "un-filipino" to say the least.

True! Manny is becoming very very Greedy.

Look around you, this traits are actually very Filipino :lol:

dapat kay manny, hindi na magsalita sa harap ng camera.

manahimik na lang sya o kaya

maghanap na lang ng spokeperson/pr/publicist na may utak

na hindi sya mapapahiya.

mas lalo syang nababaon sa kahihiyan sa sinabi nya ngayon.

kahit tanga si pacman pagdating sa ganitong bagay,

gusto ko pa rin sya manalo kay hatton. :)

Tapos gusto pa niya maging congressman? Sarili nya ngang kontrata di nya maayos batas pa kaya?

Hay naku gawin nya na dapat sparring partner ang gacal na ito para maturuan ng leksyon

maybe he is made to believe na dapat sya manalo or tumakbo sa politika para mapangalagaan nya ang yaman nya or business interest nya. sino bang politko ang mayaman at naging mahirap? madami mahirap naging mayaman.. may alam man sa batas o wala which i doubt kasi nag aaral sya phd na nga sya eh.... pag nanalo sya sa politika another feat for him, daig na nya si jawo or lito lapid hehe... artista, singer, world renowned sportsman, militar, biznizman at napakayaman ( sino ba masmayaman ng tongressman ngayun, si jose pidal?) . come to think of it mas qualified sya keysa sa mas maraming nakaupo ngayun. mas mabute na sya kaysa sa mga rapist jan or mga killers...

i am almost sure tatakbo sya, pag di sya tumakbo ang dami nyang abuluyan ng campaign funds... parang si enrile dati tunkabo kahit siguradong talo..

problema ko lang baka si gacal ang maging chief of staff nya... wag na lang.. suportahan na lang nya si bro mike v....

i'm worried for manny in this coming fight. instead of concentrating in his training, he is mired in this controversy over his contract with the stations. i hope that despite all the commotion happening around him, he will still achieve both maximum physical training and top mental conditioning. i'm particularly concerned of the latter bec., unlike the former where his being a superior athlete could make up for it, i have the impression that he could easily lose focus. hard it is to go into a fight when your head is not 100% in it. specially when your opponent is as tough as hatton.

win or lose (but really, there is no other option for us noypis than a win), i hope he finally learns his lesson. correct me if i am wrong but, this is the second time i remember him to be involved in a controversy over contracts (the first being bet. top rank and golden boy). either he is easily swayed or he doesn't think things through and, as others here have suggested, has turned greedy. personally, i think he is just easily swayed. kaya bad trip yung mga taong naka paligid sa kanya for even letting something like this happen when their golden egg is in the middle of preparations for the fight.

MANILA, Philippines - Stunned like everybody else.

That was how ABS-CBN felt about Manny Pacquiao’s statement that the giant television network aired the video footage that showed the boxing superstar rescinding his contract with Solar Sports when it was not supposed to.

“We are surprised by Manny Pacquiao’s statement that ABS-CBN News broke a supposed embargo,” said a statement released by the ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs to the media yesterday.

“We respond because this charge strikes at our core values as a news organization: honest reporting and respect for our sources,” it added.

Out to set the record straight, ABS-CBN said Pacquiao on March 14 recorded a statement “that he asked to be embargoed (withheld)” and the TV station obliged and said that the statement was “never aired.”

It was March 17, when the issue between ABS-CBN and Solar Sports had become the talk of the town, when Pacquiao issued another statement, “saying that he came to ABS-CBN to air his next fight.”

Pacquiao, according to the TV network, approved that statement for airing, and “our newscasts aired it on Wednesday, March 19 (Manila time).

It was in this footage where Pacquiao announced that he was rescinding or has rescinded his contract with Solar Sports as his official media partner, due to delayed payment for his May 2 fight with Ricky Hatton in Las Vegas.

Solar has a contract with Pacquiao to air his fights starting in 2007 until 2011, and has the right to choose a network that would air the fights locally. In this case, GMA-7 is the current partner with a live contract with Solar Sports.

Then on March 19, a Friday in Manila, Pacquiao once again came on ABS-CBN, saying his decision “is still the same” and he asked his supporters to watch out for his Hatton fight on ABS-CBN.

The following day, however, Pacquiao recanted all his previous statements, saying there was no violation in his contract with Solar, which he described as “valid and binding” and therefore he had to honor it.

Pacquiao then came out of GMA-7 saying everything is back to normal. He also apologized to the public for any confusion, and said what happened was a mere miscommunication between him and Solar Sports.

He said the Hatton fight will be aired on GMA-7.

Still, ABS-CBN vowed to carry out its duties professionally, and part of it is to bring fresh, detailed reports on Pacquiao’s training leading to the fight.

“Regardless (of what happened), we continue to report on Manny Pacquiao’s activities and respect his decision to enter into any arrangement with any company regarding his fights,” said ABS-CBN.

The other day, Solar and GMA-7 held a press conference, and during a phone patch from his La Palazzo apartment from Los Angeles Pacquiao talked about the embargo deal with ABS-CBN.

“Ginawa namin yung video statement basta ang usapan itatago lang at hindi muna ilalabas (We did it based on the agreement that it was for embargo),” said Pacquiao as everybody listened.

Yesterday, GMA-7 also came out with a statement.

“GMA Network maintains that after all the recent events that happened, Manny Pacquiao made the right decision by honoring his contract with Solar Sports and more importantly, by remaining a Kapuso (a member of GMA-7 family).

Atty. Felipe Gozon, GMA-7 chairman and chief executive officer, admired Pacquiao for his courage to admit his faults.

“It shows character for a man, particularly a world champion like Manny Pacquiao, to admit and ask forgiveness for committing a mistake. It took a lot of courage to tell the truth over what happened, even if in doing so, some quarters may fault him,” Gozon said.

“We only want what is best for Manny and we wish him success in his fight against Ricky Hatton. His fight is not only for himself and his family, but for the entire country as well. He should now train hard and focus on his preparations for the fight,” Gozon said.

tingin ko kahit ano pa sabihin ni jinky eh walang basehan.

unang una hindi naman sya yung lalaban

pangalawa hindi naman sya yung naka pirma sa kontrata.

so manahimik nalang sya at antayin ang perang makukuha nila from the fight and from the endorsers.

d**m you PacMan! ayan, nagkagulo tuloy ang situasyon

Pre, easy ka lang. ABS-CBN ang nanggulo.

Ikaw as an outsider, even before all this brouhaha happened, do you think that Pacman has contract with Solar and GMA7 (at least until the Hatton fight)? COMMON KNOWLEDGE/SENSE naman di ba? Multi-million dollar fights do not happen without signing dotted lines. Heto, pasok ABS-CBN, hayok na hayok maka pirate, kaya yun, hala offer ng buwan, makuha lang si Pacman. ALAM NAMAN NILA NA MAY CONTRACT SI PACMAN (like the rest of us). Kung hindi nila alam yun, aba, o sige na, hindi na ganid ang ABS-CBN, TANGA na lang.

t#ang%na ABS-CBN, matalo si Pacman kay Hatton, kayo sisihin ng sambayanang Pilipino. Ipako sa krus si Willie! :D

Edited by skitz