PacMan's Corner

menime

Im just hoping that is not a pre-arranged fight...a scripted one like Oscar losing so that pacman will get another boost in terms of pay per view and then fight another dela hoya fighter for more moolah or a rematch to fool the boxing fans again!!! My wish though is for Oscar to have some semblance of decency for himself being a former great champion and beat the hell of Manny Pacquiao......beat him bad that he will never get to enjoy his $15M :thumbsupsmiley:

Great post. This is a likely scenario. Oscar co-promotes Pacman as part of the compromise with Bob Arum. Oscar therefore gets a share in revenues from Pacman fights. Hehe!

Edited by azayco
Im just hoping that is not a pre-arranged fight...a scripted one like Oscar losing so that pacman will get another boost in terms of pay per view and then fight another dela hoya fighter for more moolah or a rematch to fool the boxing fans again!!! My wish though is for Oscar to have some semblance of decency for himself being a former great champion and beat the hell of Manny Pacquiao......beat him bad that he will never get to enjoy his $15M :thumbsupsmiley:

like i said a few pages back, there is a big chance that this fight is scripted (writers: arum, dlh) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i cant wait for dec 6 when all the supposed boxing experts here go and start eating their stinking humble pie because their golden boy cannot pull the trigger anymore...

no matter how bigger and stronger (?) de la hoya is, it ain't gonna matter if he cant hit his target...

have anybody from the hordes of pacquiao doubters here ever dealt with a buzzing bee? did you ever got to smash the bee before it was able to stung your sorry asess? i thought so... unless you were using a net... :goatee:

some IDIOTS at the gab (eric bahain etc) wants to revoke pacqui's license so that he cant fight dela hoya.

as I have said, those IDIOTS (eric buhain etc) think pacqui needed a gab license to fight in NEVADA, USA.

sana nga i-revoke ng mga IDIOTS sa gab (eric buhain etc) para WALA na silang KIKITAIN ke pacqui. their license is useless for pacqui anyways, big money fights are in the USA, beyond gab's crookedly greedy fingers

Let\'s just wait and see...actually, di naman big deal tong\' fight na\'to for both of them..di naman kasi siya title match..pera-pera lang..

exactly

kaya nga scripted eh

pero the usual dami na naman masang pinoy ang magpapagoyo sa laban nato potah hahahaha

kelan kaya mare-realize ng masa na pnaglololoko lang sila nitong si money pookkyaw

kung legal lang sa atin ang betting, I will put my money on Oscar dela Hoya. Malaki ng edge ni Oscar sa height, reach at experience counter puncher pa yan paano papasukin ni Manny yan? Southpaw si Oscar pero ang pang jab nya kaliwa pag nagkamali si Manny ng pasok dyan baka tawagin nya si Buboy, Btw, gusto ko si Manny pero masyadong dehado si Manny dito sa laban na to tama si coricsbaby pera pera lang yan. :mellow:

Solon asks GAB to stop Pacquiao from fighting De la Hoya

09/24/2008 | 09:52 PM

Email this | Email the Editor | Print | Digg this | Add to del.icio.us MANILA, Philippines – The world's top pound-for-pound boxer Manny Pacquiao is "clearly mismatched" with Oscar de la Hoya. That's why Cagayan de Oro Rep. Rufus Rodriguez wants his license temporarily suspended by the Games and Amusements Board (GAB).

"I don’t think that Manny can even shake Oscar," Rodriguez told GMANews.TV in a telephone interview on Wednesday. "But I’m afraid that Oscar can hurt Manny very badly."

And if that happens the government will be put in a bad light.

"Manny is a national treasure," he said. "If something bad happens to Manny in that fight, it's the government that would be blamed – and GAB."

So Rodriguez is urging the GAB to act to stop the fight, which slated for December 6.

Rodriquez said that during a budget hearing at the House of Representatives, GAB Chairman Eric Buhain admitted that the board has passed a resolution last July expressing their objection to the Pacquiao-Dela Hoya match.

"I asked the GAB during the hearing what they think about the match and Buhain said they passed a resolution against the match," Rodriguez said. "So I asked Buhain to do something to stop the match to save Manny."

The Dela Hoya–Pacquiao fight is clear mismatch, Rodriguez stressed, even if the camps of the both boxers had agreed on weigh limit at 147 lbs.

"Some say Manny has the advantage in this fight because he will increase his weight while Oscar will have to reduce his weight," Rodriguez said. "But that is only on the day of the weigh-in which is a day before the fight. What will happen after that? Oscar can regain his original weight."

Besides the weight issue, there's also the height difference, with De la Hoya four inches taller than Pacquiao, and a reach difference, with the Mexican American having an advantage of five inches.

Rodriguez said GAB should inform the Nevada Commission that the Philippine government isn't sanctioning the Pacquiao–Dela Hoya fight.

"This fight is not for glory but for money," Rodriguez said. "He is destined to be a great boxer like (Gabriel 'Flash') Elorde, so we should take care of him."

According to some reports, Pacquiao might earn $15 million to $20 million in this match. - Fidel Jimenez, GMANews.TV

kung legal lang sa atin ang betting, I will put my money on Oscar dela Hoya. Malaki ng edge ni Oscar sa height, reach at experience counter puncher pa yan paano papasukin ni Manny yan? Southpaw si Oscar pero ang pang jab nya kaliwa pag nagkamali si Manny ng pasok dyan baka tawagin nya si Buboy, Btw, gusto ko si Manny pero masyadong dehado si Manny dito sa laban na to tama si coricsbaby pera pera lang yan. :mellow:

DLH definitely has a big advantage over MP, but there is one factor that favors MP, and that is the age factor. my money of course is in DLH, but i do believe that MP will not be hurt badly in this fight. because MP is smaller, younger and faster, DLH will not find it easy to connect with his punches. if the fight enters round 8, then there is now a chance for MP (albeit a small chance at that) to snatch a victory from DLH.

Pareng Robbie,

I caught Eric Buhain in the news last night. He was saying that he does not approve of the fight but can not do anything about it. Naghugas kamay. Para que pa ang GAB if they can not enforce rules on our fighters? Pacman, as long as he remains a Filipino professional athlete should be GOVERNED under Philippine rules and regulations. I don't think Pacman will die in this fight. But a LOT of other Pinoy fighters do get hurt and sometimes die in the ring. Inutil naman pala ang GAB (because of it's chairman?), so what the fcuk are they here for?

Pareng Robbie,

I caught Eric Buhain in the news last night. He was saying that he does not approve of the fight but can not do anything about it. Naghugas kamay. Para que pa ang GAB if they can not enforce rules on our fighters? Pacman, as long as he remains a Filipino professional athlete should be GOVERNED under Philippine rules and regulations. I don't think Pacman will die in this fight. But a LOT of other Pinoy fighters do get hurt and sometimes die in the ring. Inutil naman pala ang GAB (because of it's chairman?), so what the fcuk are they here for?

The fight is in Las Vegas and not in the Philippines. They have different licensing over there, and thats all Pac needs to fight over there.

Eric Buhain can't really do anything about it, if he goes to Las Vegas to stop the fight, some high boxing people there might just shoot him or worst baka si Pacquiao mismo ang sumuntok sa kanya for cancelling his $15M to $20M payday :lol:

Hayaan nyo na si Pac :)

That's not my point. Like I said, I don't think Pacman will get hurt (too badly) in this fight. Problema ko lang ay yung PRECEDENT. A lot of our Pinoy boxers DIE in fights abroad. Remember the scandal a few years back on how some unscrupulous promoters pit their novice fighters to legitimate Thai contenders wanting to bloat his rankings? A lot got hurt. One, if I remember correctly, even died.

So, if the GAB can NOT enforce rules on Filipino fighters (who fight abroad), what are they good for?