PacMan's Corner

menime

pati si coach Roach nag woworry nadin...Sept 5 ang alis ni Pacman going for 6-Days promotional Tour...tapos balik ng Pinas para mag start ng ensayo sa Summber Capital...ika nga ni Roach...daming distractions kay Pacman pag d2 xa sa pinas nag tetrain...Pinaka dangerous daw na makakalaban ni Pacman si Cotto ayun sa nasabing trainer...nag papa cute pa kasi kay Darna eh...amfffff...

From what I've seen, Cotto is slower than Manny. He is also hittable as most of the time he is willing to just stand up and engage. So speed will play a great factor as that will counter Cotto's strength. In fact that's no secret since Manny fought bigger guys. The only difference probably is that Cotto is much younger than his previous bigger opponents thus that is one factor he has.

^^ E yun ay kung tatama! Lol! Tatama kaya?

Relax lang people. 2 months preparation ang magic number ni Pacman.

Panuorin mo ang laban ni Cotto kay Zab Judah at kay Shane Mosley!

Si Zab Judah at Mosley ay kasing bilis(or faster) at kasing accurate puncher ni Pacman tapos natural welterweight sila (mas malaki at matangkad kay manny).

Na-neutralize ni cotto ang speed nila!

Sumakit ang mga katawan nila sa lakas ng body shots!

Si Cotto sanay na binubugbog siya, sanay na duguan siya at sanay na bumagsak, pero nakakabangon!

Panuorin mo sa Youtube! search mo Cotto vs Judah and Cotto vs Mosley at makikita mo na tatamaan si Manny sa Nov.14!

Si Cotto sanay na malamog, sanay na duguan at sanay na humiga sa ring!

Si manny sanay ba siya tumaggap ng malakas na suntok from a "natural welterweight"? Sa fight night daw aabot ng 160lbs si Cotto

Edited by julian69

Julian69,

I saw the Juddah fight. I believe he could've won that fight -- but he didn't have the power. He was hitting Cotto, but that didn't affect Cotto. Manny has the POWER to make even welterweights notice (remember DLHoya). As for Mosley? He is Cotto-lite. Cotto-like, but not nearly as good enough. Manny is different. I believe Manny WILL WIN... but he needs the 2 months of preparation. Ilang days na lang ba before fight night?

Julian69,

I saw the Juddah fight. I believe he could've won that fight -- but he didn't have the power. He was hitting Cotto, but that didn't affect Cotto. Manny has the POWER to make even welterweights notice (remember DLHoya). As for Mosley? He is Cotto-lite. Cotto-like, but not nearly as good enough. Manny is different. I believe Manny WILL WIN... but he needs the 2 months of preparation. Ilang days na lang ba before fight night?

May tulog si Manny kay Cotto...both figuratively and literally

The fight is in November....i believe as of this post, just a little over 60 days :)

^^ E yun ay kung tatama! Lol! Tatama kaya?

Relax lang people. 2 months preparation ang magic number ni Pacman.

Napanuod mo yung Cotto vs Judah and Cotto vs Mosley.Patunay yun na kayang kaya ni Cotto patamaan ng mga solid punches ang mga fast boxers at kaya niya ma-neutralize ang speed nila. So may possibility na ma-neutralize niya ang hand and foot speed ni Manny gaya ng ginawa ni Cotto kila Judah and Mosley.

Julian69,

May power talaga si Manny pero di pa siya naka encounter ng boxer na natural welterweight and nasa condition. (Si Cotto ang WBO Champion, so nasa Top welterweights si Cotto kasama si Mosley_SuperwelterWBA,Senchenko_RegularWBA Berto_WBC, N'dou_IBF).

Yung fight nila ni Oscar makikita naman na si Oscar ay wala sa condition at past his prime na at dehydrated pa si Oscar. Last fight ni Oscar before Manny ay bilang isang middleweight at last time na lumaban si Oscar as a welterwieght was in 2001(8 yrs ago) , so ang laki ng hinabol niyang timbang para maging welter uli. Plus pera nalang talaga ang habol ni Oscar di siya nag train properly kasi past his prime na talaga siya, yung training niya focussed to make 147lbs. Kaya sabi ni Roach "Oscar cant pull the trigger anymore" at sa mga interview ng mga sparring mates ni Oscar nag woworkout lang si Oscar kapag may nakatutok na camera, mos of the time weight reduction ang ginagawa nila. So sa fight nila ni Pacman ay dehydrated masyado, slow at wala ng stamina si Oscar.

Sa interview kay Roach kung sa 3 choices niya (Mayweather, Mosley, Cotto), si Cotto ang kinatatakutan niya kasi kay Cotto lang daw pwede masaktan si Manny at wala daw trainer na gusto makita na ma-injure ang boxer niya.

Makikita mo sa Cotto-Clottey, Cotto-Margarito, at Cotto-Mosley na kayang tumanggap ng parusa si Cotto, ginugulpi siya, duguan siya at napapatumba siya pero nakakabawi siya. Ito pala record ni Cotto- won 34 (KO 27) + lost 1 (KO 1) + drawn 0, Si Margarito lang so far ang nakatalo sa kanya kasi "hands of cement" pala si Margarito. At kayang kaya niya ma-neutralize ang hand and foot speed ng fast boxers. Di ako magugulat kung matalo si Pacman baka KO pa.

Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto: Who Has More Punching Power?

Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto Odds: With the Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto November 14th mega fight right around the corner, fight experts from Vegassharps.com have decided to break down which one of these power-punchers has more dynamite in their Everlast. The Manny Pacquiao vs. Miguel Cotto fight will be staged at a catch weight of 145 Lbs. and the bigger man physically will be the 5’7” Cotto who is “natural” welterweight. The 5’6” Pacquiao started his career at 105 Lbs. and has campaigned primarily at 130 Lbs. the last 4 years except for his last 3 fights where he has weighed 138, 142 and 134. Despite Cotto’s advantage in size the question is whether or not Cotto actually punches harder than the best boxer in the world Pacquiao?

Manny Pacquiao has KO’d 68% of his opponents in his 54 pro fights while Cotto has stopped 77% of his foes in his 35 fight career. Both of these numbers are legit and not artificially inflated with both of fighters having most of their fights against top-flight competition. The southpaw Pacquiao is a speed puncher that scores most of his KO’s with blinding fast punches thrown with bad intentions to the head and body. Pacquiao best punch is a searing straight left hand that he sets up best behind a double jab. Pacquiao also has a short right hook that is quick, accurate and powerful. Miguel Cotto is a heavy puncher that likes to batter opponents to the body. Cotto’s best weapon is a left hook to the ribs or liver that is delivered with tremendous leverage. Cotto has an explosive straight right thrown with textbook form that complements his left hook nicely.

Both of these guys beat people up but Pacquiao’s power is more a result of speed rather than pure power. When Miguel Cotto is given the opportunity to sit down on his punches and deliver them with 100% levearge he can hit about as hard as anyone. Cotto has permanently damaged or deteriorated a number of top level boxers with his power over the span of his career.

71 Days to Go before Rumble Time!

I think isa sa mga strategy na pag-aaralan ni kutz rutz :D dito is yung right hand ni cotto, kasi napanood ko yung mga last fight nya, bihira lang niya bitawan yung right hand nya, ginagawa lang nyang guard sa mukha sabay magdu-duck kapag bumitaw ng suntok ang kalaban nya.

Just my observation lang po!

I've read an article just now that Manny decided to train in Baguio as opposed to Freddie Roach's proposal which is in Mexico. Roach doesn't like the idea of Manny's training in the Philippines because of too much distractions. Roach also advised Team Pacquiao to get serious because Miguel Cotto is the most hardest foe he'll ever face in his career.

I hope Manny gets back to his senses and forget the glitter of showbiz, it's one illusion that he have to accept and face reality...and that reality is from Puerto Rico.

Pacquiao-Cotto: Manny's Weight Shows Size Difference

Manny Pacquiao's recent statement about his weight shows a clear picture of the size difference going into the fight. Miguel Cotto has already been in training in Puerto Rico for the last few weeks for their November 14 bout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. There has been some concern from Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach because his fighter has not begun his training as of yet.

Cotto began training early because he has to work a lot harder to work off the extra weight and the fight is scheduled for a catch-weight of 145-pounds. Cotto usually walks around at 165-pounds. Pacquiao stated that his current weight is 150-pounds, or 5 pounds away from the November catch-weight. The weight shows the obvious size difference. Pacquiao is fighting close to his walking weight. Cotto is expected to put on at least 10-pounds after the weigh-in.

Pacquiao has already started running and plans to start camp after the media tour that begins on September 10. There is a still a question mark as to where Pacquiao will hold his camp.

145 pounds - WBO Welterweight Class -fight is scheduled for a catch-weight of 145-pounds

165 pounds - WBO Supermiddleweight Class - Cotto usually walks around at 165-pounds.

150 pounds - WBO Juniormiddleweight Class - Pacquiao stated that his current weight is 150-pounds..

155 pounds - WBO Middleweight Class - Cotto is expected to put on at least 10-pounds after the weigh-in.

manny hasnt even started training yet although he can always fake an injury when worse comes to worst just like floyd mayweather did. this is so far mannys best competition so he better shape up or face the probability of getting hurt. but then again, he can also do a de la hoya who just went down on his knees when hit by a bigger and stronger bernard hopkins, that is, just to avoid irrepairable damage. i just hope manny doesnt make any excuses when he gets the beating due to his lack of focus and training. i still wanna see a 100% pacman when fight time comes.