The FASTEST Way to BETTER Cardio

personally, boxing (training) is the best cardio exercise. work-out phasing is demanding but doable - bell rings every 3 minutes (work out) then 30 seconds (rest) intervals. normal routines covers the upper body (shoulders, back, chest and arms), lower body (hips, thighs and calves) and abs. most of the elorde gyms have weights area... so if you still have the energy after 12-15 rounds, you can always pump up your muscles for a couple of sets more. lat pull down is the best after boxing... it stretches the back and shoulders. :thumbsupsmiley:

I totaly agree, boxing is the best cardio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Before I used to jog 3x a week and lift weights 3x week as well while I was building my endurance, I did not lose any weight at all. My tendency is to overeat afterwards so I devised a plan not to fail, I limited my food intake. I continued to jog 3x a week and started doing breathing exercises (from "Yoga Zone" which I bought in a record bar) in between days. I read somewhere that breathing properly delivers all the necessary oxygen needed to burn more of your problem area. I'm not sure about how it works but all those stretching and breathing calisthenics make me feel good. When I started my regimen a month ago I weighed 102 Kgs, right now I weigh 94 Kgs.

My weight loss regimen might not work for all so I'm not suggesting it. If your into lifting weights then by all means continue doing so.

Cheers! :thumbsupsmiley:

find a workout that is fun for you. more than half of the people who start a program drop out within 12 months.

True True. Sad thing is a lot actually drop out after a few weeks or just one to two months.

Dapat talaga yung workout mo yung nakakaaliw or nabgigibay saya sa iyo so you don't lose motivation.

I'm thinking of getting into boxing and making it my cardio exercise. Okay ba sa Elorde Boxing Gym? Magkano ang rates? Was looking for an Elorde thread in this forum but couldn't find any.

Where are you located to begin with?

There are a lot of good boxing gyms out there that are equal to or even better than elorde.

Do you already workout? Just be cautioned since if you are not in shape, boxing won't be as fun as compared to if you're in decent shape already

My office is near an Elorde outlet, that's why I thought of checking it out. I haven't worked out in a gym for a year now, although I play basketball regularly. Bugbugan ba kaagad ang boxing training? Don't they bring you along slowly muna?

Even the basic boxing can be a bit too challenging for guys who aren't in deent shape.

It never gails, in all boxing gyms I've visited, I've seen guys having sloppy form just trying to survive the round.

But, those who are in decent shape get to maintain at least decent form even when fatigued.

I wasn't really planning on doing actual rounds at the beginning. I was really looking at the training aspect of boxing, you know, pnching bag, mitts, etc. Pag medyo sanay na, doon na lang siguro ako sasabak sa ring.

that's exactly what I was talking about. As I said, every gym I go to, the people i see hitting the mitts are already badly gassed out and just trying to finish the round with sloppy punches.

• 1 month later...

Akala ko fad din yan, but after being a staple at crossfit, got intrigued with this rig. I found a 20 lbs rig kanya noong subukan ko, my inner thights were sore the next day (lots of leg work on this). After using it a couple of times na, my lowerback seemed more stable na. I was trying to do a two minute drill, sa 1 minute, parang nag-fireman carry ka for 20 meters. Sabi nga ni mr. olympus, pwede improvise with sa sako, sand with a proper handle, or pwede ring regular dumbbells supporting one side of the plate. Remember, this is a leg workout more than upper body raising the weight.

Check this out for a better demonstration. Saw this also sa youtube pull-ups when she was pregnant. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CAeO8OUkvs

Care to share the details sir? Seeing them in use in Youtube has piqued my curiousity.
  • 2 weeks later...