1. 1. Ano ang Cellphone Line Mo?

• Smart
    • Globe
    • Sun

QUOTE(joozzi @ Jul 18 2006, 03:40 PM)

Globe has better network and service

QUOTE(Gideon @ Jul 23 2006, 01:45 PM)

Hmmm...

Where in the Philippines have you gone to? Are you a new sub of Globe?

staff ka ng smart no?:P

globe really has better coverage than smart, technical truth. (i can't vouch for 3G on either of the telcos)

i had smart for almost a year as a postpaid sub. lousy signal, lousy services, and god damn iriitating adverts! at least, they have good customer service.

after i swtiched to globe, great signal, great services. especially on their internet service. biz is never been great until i switched to globe. i can IM my staff, partners, clients. send/retrieve email with ease. eventhough i can also do that with smart. (it's like intermittent connection is a must for smart and that sucks!)

well, that's my personal and technical opinion. :rolleyes:

It's a presumption that some does not vote.. but we can also presume that everyone voted.

Either way we can never really say.. and the only thing substantial is the tally board.

Unless ofcourse someone has a complete list of cellphone of MTC..

Giddy, Sharky! Relax bro, it's Christmas time, PEACE! :cool:

Edited by dyakhardy

Been a previous globe sub.. n transferred to smart. Signal of smart not as good. but smart customer service is good. Especially if corporate account. Theyll give you expensive free fones even if you cant hit the required plan for a free fone. Was able to get initially an o2 xda2 for free at plan 1800. 1-1/2 years later, i got an o2-mini for free at same plan. next year by march/april ill be getting a new fone again... Any suggestions?

Hmmm...

globe really has better coverage than smart, technical truth. (i can't vouch for 3G on either of the telcos)

i had smart for almost a year as a postpaid sub. lousy signal, lousy services, and god damn iriitating adverts! at least, they have good customer service.

after i swtiched to globe, great signal, great services. especially on their internet service. biz is never been great until i switched to globe. i can IM my staff, partners, clients. send/retrieve email with ease. eventhough i can also do that with smart. (it's like intermittent connection is a must for smart and that sucks!)

from subs point of view, ofcourse... either telcos has a bigger coverage depending on where the subs is located or where he goes... but the underlying truth about it is Smart has bigger coverage, higher capacity, and has more resources. Nothing biased about there just the truth.. NTC is aware of it, both telcos knows it (but will not openly agree to it), and I'm sure even Globe and Smart engrs can attest to it.

Service wise.. it's an open market -- I can't say which is better. Technology wise - both uses the same technology, sometimes uses the same vendor.. it's how they maximize or configure it depends on their market strategy.. Globe primary target is the business sector while Smart goes to the open market or the masses. This is very evident on how they position their network resources.. Neither telco is wrong or right, it's just business positioning.

Manpower resources.. tough to say. I'll just speak on technical people (where I have better view of the situation).. Both company has good engrs (Wala ka itatapon!). Both company get or acquire the cream of the crop from each school -- board top notchers, cum laudes... you name it, either one have it.. pero tanungin mo sila.. sino ang mas magaling -- haha walang papatalo (but engrs from both camp respect each other.. but if you asked me --- hehehe.. syempre, I'm the best there is! hahaha)

Hmmm...

Yup, I am an employee of Smart.

But you didn't answer my question yet. :)

Ako hindi employee ng Smart, Globe and Sun. Pero pareha binebenta namin yan.

Cellcard -------------- Ok ang Smart and Globe. Pag Sun minsan nakakainis.

Electronic Load-------Ok ang Smart. Pero Globe grabe ang pangit ng Service pag autoload.

Number one ang Smart ilan years na. Pati Talk and Text ok din.

Tingnan nyo Touch Mobile tinalo pa ng Sun Cellular. Hawak ng Globe ang Touch Mobile.

Ako hindi employee ng Smart, Globe and Sun. Pero pareha binebenta namin yan.

Cellcard -------------- Ok ang Smart and Globe. Pag Sun minsan nakakainis.

Electronic Load-------Ok ang Smart. Pero Globe grabe ang pangit ng Service pag autoload.

Number one ang Smart ilan years na. Pati Talk and Text ok din.

Tingnan nyo Touch Mobile tinalo pa ng Sun Cellular. Hawak ng Globe ang Touch Mobile.

I'm not familiar with Autoload. But yung sa aming E-Load real-time ang loading. Ang Globe ba real-time din?

But, humahabol ang TM dahil sa Piso per 15 minutes.

for me.. SUN CELLULAR.

kahit anong pangit ng service ng SUN lets admit it, the cost savings we get from them is priceless..

usapang wantosawa... ano ba naman yung mag try ka magdial ng ilang beses para lang makakonek.

to think, nung wala pa ang SUN muntik pa magtaas ang text... garapal kasi GLOBE and SMART... eh biglang lumabas ang SUN unlimited text and calls... nagsunuran ang 2 higante... pwede naman pala nila gawin... eh dati gusto nila pataaasin ang singil sa text..

LONG LIVE SUN CELLULAR. HEHEHE

Sa loading business, when Smart experiences a problem, it really goes down and takes a while before everything goes back, lahat apektado...

Sa Globe naman, matagal ang confirmation, though we don't experience downtimes, feeling mo di darating yung load na binenta eh... and lalo na sa Sun...

Stressful pero kumikita naman!

Sa loading business, when Smart experiences a problem, it really goes down and takes a while before everything goes back, lahat apektado...

Sa Globe naman, matagal ang confirmation, though we don't experience downtimes, feeling mo di darating yung load na binenta eh... and lalo na sa Sun...

Stressful pero kumikita naman!

uses primarily Smart and Globe.

Sun is a back up. just a back up.

If I'll have to pick between Smart and Globe in terms of coverage and some value added services, I'll choose Smart.

However, for unlimited texting services - It's definitely Globe.

Sun? Don't bother. I had more troubles with them even if I don't use it.

I've been a Globe prepaid user for 7 years and then I had to reluctantly switch in 2004 to Smart prepaid because I lost the phone and my best friend lent me his - which was locked to Smart. I haven't regretted it ever since. Even with open-line phones, I still use Smart.

In the few travels I've made to relatively remote locations in the Philippines (Malabrigo, Batangas; Taytay, Palawan; Zoobic Safari area in Subic; etc), my Globe-using friends were hard-up for a signal while I can call and text away without a fuss.

During the recent typhoon Milenyo, in the middle of blackout, all members of my household - who are using Globe - had failed signals. My phone was the only one making text message alert noises - to the frustration of my family co-members, who also wanted to reach out to relatives/friends to make sure they were safe during the typhoon.

International texting is cheaper with Smart at PHP 15. Globe's is PHP 50/text message.

International prepaid roaming, however, goes to Globe. Activation is easy, and you can send text messages and make calls for as long as you got credit in your prepaid account.

Smart prepaid roaming, however, is trickier. Activation requires a beginning and end date (that means if you come home to Manila a day or two ahead, you might find your phone still on international roaming and you can't use it for local calls). If you're on prepaid, you can only send/receive text messages but incoming and outgoing calls are barred.

Overall, I am satisfied with Smart and will choose this provider anytime over Globe because of its reliability and coverage.

How was our service this New year? Particularly from 00:00 to 01:00???

We made several testing on calls on text on our Prepaid System and everything was almost perfect with a few isolated problems.

Heard Globes calls was having major problems???

medyo nga, puro message sending failed pero lumulusot naman pala... hehehe. pero globe pa rin ako. :cool: