The Mazda Lovers Thread

• 3 weeks later...

initially, i'm choosing between mazda 5 (7-seater mpv) and honda frv (6-seater mpv)...

but when i saw the mazda 3 in a dealer's showroom, i immediately fell in love with the car with its looks, external and interior...

besides, its around £1.3k cheaper than mazda 5 and £1.7k with a honda frv...

a mazda 3 hatchback 1.6 ts2 almost has the same price with a honda civic hatchback 1.4 i-dsi se at £13950 and £13995 respectively...

but their engine size is the real big difference!

so tomorrow, i'll be test driving it and make a decision on whether to buy it or not...but based on the reviews i have read (except those of edc here), the test drive would just really be a formality...

and for those who wish to read comparison of reviews of up to 3 different cars (i.e., para sa mga 'nag-aaway' dito), browse www.whatcar.co.uk for some authoritative and unbiased opinions :P

• 2 weeks later...

I think the article refers to mazda in general and not specific to mazda 3. However this surely covers the 3 which is one of theirs. I think the 3 is a really classy car, very good styling in and out. Good suspension and handling too. However am still doubtful about the resale compared to toyota and honda equivalents. Also am not too keen on its power and torque output compared to competition. But it's one of my top three choices probably if I were to get a sub-compact.

got my new mazda 3 1.6 ts2 4-dr saloon last tuesday...

nice handling, very balanced...pics to follow later...

just to correct the previous posts, mazda 3 is a small family car or a compact, not a subcompact car since it has 2.64 metres wheelbase...it's in the same class with honda civic, toyota corolla, vauxhall astra, ford focus and volkswagen golf...

to quote from wikipedia:

"Compact car is a largely North American term denoting an automobile smaller than a mid-size car, but larger than a subcompact car. Compact cars usually have wheelbases between 2.54 metres (100 inches) and 2.67 metres (105 inches). Another definition specifies between 100 ft³ (2800 L) and 109 ft³ (3000 L) of interior volume. This term is not commonly used in Europe, where the classification system is different (the term small family car is used for compact cars)."

"A subcompact car is a car in a vehicle size class smaller than a compact car but larger than a city car (see supermini for European small cars). Such cars usually have four or more seats (whereas microcars such as the Smart tend to have two) and in North America, subcompacts are usually considered to be those cars that have a wheelbase of 2.54 metres (100 inches) or less or between 85 ft³ (2400 L) and 99 ft³ (2800 L) of interior volume (though popular usage of the term frequently ignores these boundaries)."

Edited by stormreigns
I drive an M3. The gas consumption is around 7 to 9 km per liter. Medyo mataas for my taste. Ang alam ko you can get better mileage from Altis since my wife drives one and umaabot ng 9 to 11 liters yun. City driving yun. Yun nga lang sa Altis wala ka masyadong options and add-ons. Sa M3 pare ang daming ok ngayon. Yung key nya de flip and integrated na yung alarm. Yung sounds 6 cd in dash tapos MP3 compatible pa. Yung gear shift puede automatic puede semi manual. And the brakes are all ventilated type. Sa altis yata sa likod drum type e. But I might be mistaken.

Ang pro naman sa toyota is parts availability. Sa mazda I'm sure me kamahalan pa parts niyan.

i will go for parts pa rin