The Mazda Lovers Thread

kung kailangan mo ng car agad nandyan naman honda and toyota. yan mga pumalpak na yan sa ibang bansa hindi mga lemon car yan. yung mazda dati kahit sa ibang bansa mga lemon yan. yung audi sinali mo pa eh ang problema lang nun ownership hindi quality ng car.

about sa iso. ama computer college nga may iso eh. andami company nagpa-iso. ang point ko kahit walang iso bsta rep*table ang company no problem.

remember ang ama may iso.

wag na mainis mga mazda fanatic. nandyan naman miata and yung mga iba pa. pero wag na yung lata na dinala dito. about the mazda 3 waiting game nga. bago pa lng masyado na kayo excited.

whats the rush?

alam mo ang lemon talaga e ang utak mo. ewan ko kung ilan ang IQ mo ang hirap mo umintindi ng mga bagay na simple. kung di mo alam ang technicalities ng mga bagay bagay, wag ka na mag-comment kasi pag nasoplak ka ng nakakaalam kokontrahin mo din sarili mong statements para lang lumusot. balikan mo na lang mga post mo. ang consistent lang na sinabi mo ay bulok siguro kasi consistent na bulok din ang utak mo. mag-post ka naman kahit article lang from a reliable source na talagang nagre-review para masuportahan mo yang sinasabi mong lemon car.

matatanggap ko pa yung comment mo kung nagbigay ka man lang ng facts or kahit experience man lang para masabi mo na bulok talaga (tawag don proof). E basehan mo lang yung sinabi ng friend mo kasi tumirik yung mazda 323 nya. guess what, lahat ng kotse pwede tumirik. e yung 1996 mazda familia ko never pa tumirik kahit isang beses. hanggang ngayon wala ako problema dito. ako may basehan ng quality at reliability. di yan yung narinig ko lang sa iba at gagawin kong gospel truth. yung accord ko dati twice ako tumirik dahil sa radiator problem (overheat), pano bulok din ang honda? syempre hindi, dahil hindi yon ang basehan.

ano naman kung i-post namin ang magagandang experience namin sa mazda3 "this early" e sa na-experience na namin e. wag ka na lang mag-comment kung ayaw mo ng nabasa mo kasi nag-share ako para don sa thread starter who's contemplating on getting an m3. subjective yon to my liking, of course, kasi it's what suits me not you.

mag-start ka ng sarili mong thread na ang objective ay makipagtalo sa lahat ng magpo-post kasi mukhang yon ang fulfillment mo sa buhay. :boo:

sori mods, ot. last reply ko na din to sa thread na to.

Kailangan pa ba ng link? ay sayang wala na yung nabasa ko sa newspaper na sinabi mga lemon nga familia. tingnan mo na lng kalsada meron pa ba familia? sinabi ko lng hindi ok yung mga mazda dinala dito dati binanatan mo pa IQ ko. i love it here!!!

Experience: Kasama ko friend ko nasa passenger side ako Gamit nya Mazda Speed. Automatic yun. ilan beses tumirik pag umaalis kami. alagang alaga yun. sabi ko bkti honda ko hindi naman alaga(hinaharabas ka nga eh) bkit hindi tumitirik. yung isa pa namin friend ganun din nangyari. pero hindi ako ksama nung nangyari yung sa kanya. binenta na nila. naki-honda na sila.

sabi mo yung honda mo tumirik pero hindi pangit yung honda. totoo yun ksi marami pa naman sa kalsada ng honda at ok tlga sila.

eh yung mazda? ang laki laki naman ng kalsada natin para makita kung ok ba talaga yung mga mazda dati. meron pa ba mazda?

sabi ko lng naman waiting game sa mazda 3 eh nagwala na kayo. wala pa nga ako sinasabi pangit eh. hindi ko alam kung ahente kayo dito.

dapat pangalana ng mazda 323 hindi na mazda familia dapat.

MAZDA PROBINSYA!!!

I actully don't care whether or not the honda civic is better that the mazda3. I have been driving my Mazda3 2.0 for more over a year now. In fact, I was one of the first 100 to purchase this car during preselling/discounted days. I mean c'mon it is the "best looking" car in its class right now both interior and exterior. Speedwise? The fastest i've taken it was 170kmh along the pre-radar NLEX days. But today, where can you SAFELY/LEGALLY drive your cars over the 120 mark? Service-wise? I got mine at MazdaQA and i don't have a sinlge complaint with there service. When my car was due for the 15k service, it took less than half a day to get it back. Plus service was't really expensive compare to honda. Service (fee) is much more comparable to that of toyota. While at honda u sometimes get a lot of BS. Like there was a time my sister's honda civic was due for its routine maintenance she was billed almost 15thou! Turned out they changed/replaced a lot of stuff without her consent. Stuff you never thought there was something wrong with it in the first place. come to think of it a lot of current & ex honda owners/friends of mine had very similar complaints. I don't care if this specific honda service center had your best interest in mind, its just not right replacing or fixing things you really had no idea about then charge you nalang. I don't know if this is still currently happening.

Comparing the older mazdas to the new ones is just plainly wrong. Before i thing it was the Columbian Autocar Corporation and Francisco Motors Corporation that used to assemble these cars. Now mazda is under Ford Group Philippines. Mazda QA and Ford Commonwealth have the same owners. Mazda EDSA is owned by (if im not mistaken) CATS. U know the ones that have a Chrysler and Merc showroom/service center.

My only complaint: no back-up censor. But with the other features like the auto wipers it is easily forgivable. When driving my other cars I tend to forget to switch on the wipers when it starts pouring. So back to what i was saying in the first place: I actully don't care whether or not the honda civic is better that the mazda3 because I LOVE MY MAZDA3 2.0

ayaw tlga paawat eh nh? about the 323, it wasnt that bad naman.. fuel consumption nya medyo mataas, pero kasi matulin din cya.. zoom zoom ika nga.. its faster than the civic models which came out around that time.. the suspension is definitely waaaaaaay better than the civic.. so mas enjoy ako nung nagdrive ako ng 323 kaysa nung civic kasi puro kalampag ang civic.. transmission ng dalawa same lang.. bulok parehas.. hehehe.. pero pag titignan mo ang porma, wag mo na tignan ang 323, and ndi mo naman kelangan tignan kasi ndi cya tlgang gnawa para maging maporma.. its a normal car..

• 2 weeks later...

I have driven a civic for the past 5 years 2 versions na. Both brand new nung nakuha. Both had problems with the electricals. In fairness it was one of the better rides I had. But the service guys really stank. Ang aangas ng dating. Made me shudder anytime I had to bring the car for service. Parang nag-iintay lang kung kailan ako iinit ng ulo. As for the Mazda 3, just got 1 last November. The handling and cornering are just perfect. Solid na Solid. Sa toyota para kang lumulutang minsan sa gaan. Sa Civic naman stable. Sa Mazda talagang kahit mag-accelerate ka habang lumiliko nakakapit pa rin. Haven't tried their service though, only the 1000 k checkup which they completed in less than 90 minutes. Just my 2 cents worth to the argument.

sige gagawa ako nung thread ng mazda vs honda kahit mismatch. hindi ko makita yung sinabi nung isang poster about sa debate ng honda vs mazda.

bkit hindi mazda vs hyundai na lng nilaban para match naman?

Why do say it's a mismatch sir?

They're all compact sedan class.

I bought an M3 last feb04. My choices were between honda VTi-S, Ford Lynx RS and M3 1.6.

Here is the link of what helped decide between the VTi-S and M3 1.6 (original name is Axela)

http://www.motioncars.com/carchart/

I have driven a civic for the past 5 years 2 versions na. Both brand new nung nakuha. Both had problems with the electricals. In fairness it was one of the better rides I had. But the service guys really stank. Ang aangas ng dating. Made me shudder anytime I had to bring the car for service. Parang nag-iintay lang kung kailan ako iinit ng ulo. As for the Mazda 3, just got 1 last November. The handling and cornering are just perfect. Solid na Solid. Sa toyota para kang lumulutang minsan sa gaan. Sa Civic naman stable. Sa Mazda talagang kahit mag-accelerate ka habang lumiliko nakakapit pa rin. Haven't tried their service though, only the 1000 k checkup which they completed in less than 90 minutes. Just my 2 cents worth to the argument.

bro how about the car as a whole. I mean is that honda civic a better car to drive or the mazda 3. Do you miss the performance, handling, of the honda civic?

dudes...mukhang naging walang silbe na tong thread na to dahil sa mga kakulitan ah. anyway, can somebody please help me. naghahabol kasi ako bumili ng car bago maimpose yung increase in prices dahil sa evat na yan. im thinking of getting a mazda 3 or an altis. the thin is yung mazda 3 S is much about the same price as the new altis. if porma ang titingnan ill go for mazda kaso lang sa fuel consumption. kung city driving mga ilang km/l kayo sa m3? my mom used to have the 2004 altis and maganda naman performance nya. we picked it over the civic because of the fuel economy. personally if im driving na walang traffic kaya ko mag 12 to 14 km/l. medyo mabilis pa takbo ko nun. city driving (as in makati to alabang everyday and you guys jknow the traffic) nakaka 10 to 11 km/l ako. i just want to know your personal experiences about the fuel consumption ng m3. i have lots of friends na naka m3 and wala naman silang reklamo about thte reliabiliy. thanks

Guy the Mazda 3 series in Australia has been the number one best small vehicle (Motor, Wheels, RACV mags) for the past 2 years now that must say something since the Honda Civic has never achieved anything like that.

The Mazda 3 SP23 Hatch or Sedan model is the most sought after since it packs the down version of the Mazda 6 engine.

the SP23 includes 2.3L DOHC Sequential Valve Timing engine of 115Kws (156 HP) & 203Nm of torque, with 17inch rims/leather steering/Climate Control/Outside Climate/LED Brake lights/Fog Lamps/6 cd in-dash stacker and the automatic (all models) contain Activematic transmission for about $30,000 or less is really value for small cars in Australia since you wont find a small car range with a 2.3L engine

The slight less powerful 2.0L models Neo, Maxx & Maxx Sport which are about $20-26K come with a 2.0L DOHC engine with no SVT runs at 104Kws & 180Nm with 16inch alloys and different features across the range.

The only comments i can make out of the Mazda 3 SP3 driving from my aunts one its not very torquey down low full 203Nm comes at 4,500 rmp+ while a Lancer 2.4L MIVEC gets 220NM at 3,000 rmp and the power doesnt hit till 6,500 RMP while the Lancer hits at 5,500 rmp...However it is willing to go redline at 7,000 rmp not a problem & does speed as fast as u can take it...

overall the ride is nice considering its a sports hatch, people say the tire noise is loud since its running 17 inch rims with 205/50R 89V wheels but its not really a problem just pump the music louder haha...

the handling is great, very responsive & the breaks halt you to a stop since its about 300mm ventilated disc brakes and 280mm solid discs on the rear...the normal 2.0L only packs 278mm at front and 265mm rear. The cabin room is nice and doesnt look cheap, the SP23 has button control on steering so makes driving easier.

Overall i'd give it 8/10...wish they just kept the same specs of the Mazda 6 engine and didnt de-tune it coz it packs around 130Kws

can someone give me specs of the Philippine version? and the highest model etc thanks in advance

Edited by luol_deng

luol,

mz3 dito either 1.6l engine (2 variants: difference lang walang foglight at abs ang masmura) at ang 2.0l na siguro kaparehas ng maxx version ng mz3-oz. careful lang sa hirit mo diyan sa mz3, baka mabuhay yung batang galit sa hindi honda at magsulat nanaman dito! hahahaha

bro how about the car as a whole.  I mean is that honda civic a better car to drive or the mazda 3.  Do you miss the performance, handling, of the honda civic?

What I miss about the civic is power. Mas malakas yung makina ng Civic. I drive a 1.6 but I think sa 2.0 mas malakas yung makina. But for handling and car responsiveness, definitely better for the Mazda 3. If you ask me what the better drive is, slight edge sa M3.

dudes...mukhang naging walang silbe na tong thread na to dahil sa mga kakulitan ah. anyway, can somebody please help me. naghahabol kasi ako bumili ng car bago maimpose yung increase in prices dahil sa evat na yan. im thinking of getting a mazda 3 or an altis. the thin is yung mazda 3 S is much about the same price as the new altis. if porma ang titingnan ill go for mazda kaso lang sa fuel consumption. kung city driving mga ilang km/l kayo sa m3? my mom used to have the 2004 altis and maganda naman performance nya. we picked it over the civic because of the fuel economy. personally if im driving na walang traffic kaya ko mag 12 to 14 km/l. medyo mabilis pa takbo ko nun. city driving (as in makati to alabang everyday and you guys jknow the traffic) nakaka 10 to 11 km/l ako. i just want to know your personal experiences about the fuel consumption ng m3. i have lots of friends na naka m3 and wala naman silang reklamo about thte reliabiliy. thanks

I drive an M3. The gas consumption is around 7 to 9 km per liter. Medyo mataas for my taste. Ang alam ko you can get better mileage from Altis since my wife drives one and umaabot ng 9 to 11 liters yun. City driving yun. Yun nga lang sa Altis wala ka masyadong options and add-ons. Sa M3 pare ang daming ok ngayon. Yung key nya de flip and integrated na yung alarm. Yung sounds 6 cd in dash tapos MP3 compatible pa. Yung gear shift puede automatic puede semi manual. And the brakes are all ventilated type. Sa altis yata sa likod drum type e. But I might be mistaken.

Ang pro naman sa toyota is parts availability. Sa mazda I'm sure me kamahalan pa parts niyan.

kumusta naman kaya ang re-sale value ng M3 after about 4 or 5 years.

Yan ang magandang tanong. If support from Ford Phils. continues, the resale value would be at par with the other Japanese cars kasi me mga spare parts available. Also M3 is offering 3 years extended warranty on top of its original warranty of 2 years for about 30K more. So total 5 years covered yung car. If you get that, it should increase the resale value. But we really can't say what the market will be in the future. So I guess the best thing to do is alagaan na lang siya ng matino.

hey guys. i have a couple of questions regarding mazda 3. hope someone can answer them.

1. ano consumption ng 2.0 and 1.6?

2. ano main differences bet 2.0 and 1.6? specs and looks sana kung pwede.

3. magkano discount for 2.0 and 1.6?

4. is 1.6 good enough for city driving? kasi parang bitin daw sa power at 105bhp.

thanks in advance!