The Mazda Lovers Thread

actually I have the same predicamen a while back :)

so here goes...

I have test driven both cars, and hers what i like abou them...

Mazda 3:

-automatic window wipers, when it drizzles the wiper automatically turns on even if you dont switch it on

-automatic headlyts, headlyts goes on automatically if you enter a tunnel, or basment parking or sumthin

-multi tronic tranny is really cool, you can switch from matic to manual or vice versa hassle free... you dont even have to pull over just slide the knob to the left if going manual or to the right if your feeling a bit lazy and want to go matic

-the gear indicator is also cool and really helpful when shifting from manual to matic...

Civic, 8th gen (FD) or the latest civic

-paddle shift is really cool, its like drivin an F1, plus you have the luxury of having both your hands on the, so it means its much safer, but quite crappy when your with a hot chick, coz you wont have an excuse for your hand accidentally slippin across her thighs :P

-K20 engine is good, its actually the same engine used in Acura Integra or the RSX, but a bit disappointed that its the toned down version of it

-interior is well designed, as you might already have know, besides makin good engines, honda is also known for designing good interiors in their automobiles

But both cars have really nice rides, drive is good, both are very torquey for their class

so my decision...

My mind says go for the mazda 3... but my heart says take the civic :P

Hope this helps...

And FYI... i still havent bought any of the two... bcoz until now i havent decided which one

kaya project car na nman uli yata ang bagsak nito :)

• 3 weeks later...

Then go for the Civic... at least walang nag co complain about reliability

as much as Mazda. In my work we have a Mazda 6 for service and after

2 years you hear some clanks in the body. This is Dubai and we have

good roads if not very good. Last time I saw, that car have 65000 kms

on its belt. Looks is not a premium here. Performance is. People buy

Mazda 6 because it is cheaper than Camry or an Accord plus the superb

handling and cornering, nothing else. With Mazda 3 it is same. You see a

lot of Mazda 6 here, but you don't see a lot of Mazda 3 here. There should

be some reason and one is it has limited space. Honestly, other than the

looks, Im not sure why it is a hit in the Phils. But why

a Mazda 3 when you can afford a Civic or Altis for that matter.

I don't like Mazda's Interior. Honda has very good ones. Honda claims

that their 1.8 engine consumes fuel like a 1.5L but produces power like

a 2.0L engine (it is a bit higher than a Corolla 1.8L). Maybe it's true.

And that Multi tronic tranny? The car is an automatic. They derived it from

Posche and is used by Peugeot which is originally called Tiptronic. I wonder

if it has a Sports Mode as well. But an advise from the dealer is if its an

automatic engine use it on automatic mode. Using it at manual mode too

often will cause your car some troubles soon.

The Mazda 3 is more elegant, inside and out, in terms of design. No lines are out of place. Everything is aesthetically pleasant. The new Civic looks a bit awkward, like an ungainly, unsightly offspring kung nagbanatan ang City at Accord.

Performance is another question, we all know Hondas have the best 4-holer engines. I guess you'll just have to choose kung anong tsikot ka mas tinatayuan.

i was choosing between the 2...

mazda 3 looks better,specially the bold exterior lines, may emotion factor...

but the civic is the more practical choice in terms of resale, reliability, very good track record (IMO 2nd only to toyota)

i got the civic and so far no 4000km and no complaints...but when i see a white mazda3 with the stock 16s kinda makes me think of selling my old toyota to have dp for the mazda.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

maganda porma ng mazda 3 .. matipid din sa gas .. but we'll never know hangga't hindi tumanda ang auto .. siyempre bago kaya matipid... sa CIVIC na lang ako .... proven na maganda ang performance .. ok lang din siguro kung malaks ng konti sa gas .. the important thing here is durability....

*meron kasi akong nakasabay sa carwash na mazda 3. carwash lang ha .. walang engine wash ...

after linisin .. ayaw na umistart... nataranta may ari ng carwash .. akala niya kinalikot ng boy nya .. ( e hindi naman )

hindi makuha ang sira .. hanggang tumawag na siya sa casa . e gabi na .. napilitan siyang iwan .. the car is 6 months old.

* then again baka nagkataon lang ... personal choice lang po

Its Civic of course! Admittedly maganda porma ng Mazda. Ganyan din naman nung lumasa yung Astina nun.

Pero ang pangit sa Mazda is yung interior nya. All the lights are red. Maganda sana kung pwede kang pumuli ng color nung lights.

Another thing to consider is the resale value nung car. Mababa ang value ng mazda after a few years.