Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

ang pilates ba kaya paliit ng tiyan?

AFAIK Yes, Maybe, No.

Yes because it strengthens the core or mas nagkakaroon ka ng better posture - no more slouching. So YES it gives you the ILLUSION of a smaller tummy.

MAYBE since any form of exercise is better than NO exercise.

NOT REALLY. Regular pilates burn less calories than other forms of exercise.

The intangible benefit of exercise is the mental discipline that it teaches you. In terms of the caloric equation, exercise actually has a small part to play but a small important part nonetheless.

Edited by mirmo

I'm mid-40s so it is very hard paliitin ang tyan.

I do crunches (upper and mid abs) and leg raises (lower abs) 20 reps each day for both x 2 sets. Tapos diet, like half rice lang per meal tapos healthy food (salad, chicken breast, seafood, egg whites, oat cereals) and snacks (e.g., fruit, tuna can).

Then I run or walk 10 minutes at least a day.

Here's my pic a few days ago. It's basically the same body since college, maintain ko lang. Pero tuwing June to Aug, yan ang stretch na dinadagdaan ko ng konting buhat sa gym para lumaki ng konti yung dibdib saka biceps para mas lalo magmukhang maliit tyan.

lDHqMy1.jpg

Question, effective ba ang HIIT? Lost a couple of pounds, kaso nagkaka-loose skin na sa belly area.

Not a fan because it is impossible to do that on a consistent basis, i.e., people get sick, work interferes, etc.

I'd rather do low intensity but consistent exercises, like every other day of your life. Keep it short and simple so you can enjoy it and then do it consistently forever.

- Bawas sa carbs, paltan ang white rice ng healthier alternatives tulad ng whole wheat bread, black/red rice. Bawas din sa fried at fatty foods.

Minsan lang kumain sa fast food chains.

- Lessen sugar intake, iwasan at soft drinks at store bought fruit juices. Say no to junk foods.

- Exercise. Do core exercises and a lot of walking. Kung alam mong di ka masyadong dedicated sa exercise, I would say no to excessive running kasi matindi ang bawi nyan kung di mo ma maintain.

- Get adequate sleep and properly chew your food. Improper chewing or chugging down food fast could lead to bloating and could lessen the absroption of nutrients of the food we eat.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm mid-40s so it is very hard paliitin ang tyan.

I do crunches (upper and mid abs) and leg raises (lower abs) 20 reps each day for both x 2 sets. Tapos diet, like half rice lang per meal tapos healthy food (salad, chicken breast, seafood, egg whites, oat cereals) and snacks (e.g., fruit, tuna can).

Then I run or walk 10 minutes at least a day.

Here's my pic a few days ago. It's basically the same body since college, maintain ko lang. Pero tuwing June to Aug, yan ang stretch na dinadagdaan ko ng konting buhat sa gym para lumaki ng konti yung dibdib saka biceps para mas lalo magmukhang maliit tyan.

lDHqMy1.jpg

Ayus yan Bro.

BTW, nagtatrack ka din ba ng Calorie intake mo?

• Like (+1) 1

Ayus yan Bro.

BTW, nagtatrack ka din ba ng Calorie intake mo?

Yes bro. For my profile (age, sex, BMI, activity level, etc), I eat between 1,250 to 1,500 calories a day para kahit konting sweat lang for that day, I still achieve caloric balance and even caloric deficit. .

Dati kasi nung di pa ako nagbibilang, I noticed I had to stay longer working out para di ako tumaba. That sort of was not feasible for me especially nagkakaedad na + limited time to exercise due to single parent with 2 kids.

So I went into the calorie equation that is good for my profile to achieve caloric balance with light exercises a day.

• Like (+1) 1

As an example yesterday..

Breakfast: Cereal and mil

211 calories: 1 cup of toasted oat cereal 1.5

40 calories: 8 fluid oz (or 1 cup) of unsweetened almond milk

Total: 251 calories

Lunch: Tuna with side dish of rice

320 calories: 1.5 can of tuna in olive oil

150 calories: 3/4 cup of steamed rice

Total: 470 calories

Workout snack: Protein smoothie

105 calories: 1 pc banana

50 calories: 1/2 apple

100 calories: 1/2 cup of toasted oat cereal

20 calories: 4 fluid oz (or half cup) of unsweetened almond milk

35 calories: 1/4 cup of pasteurized egg whites

3 calories: 1/4 cup of spinach

Total calories: 313

Dinner: Steak with side dish of rice

321 calories: 2/3 lb of sirloin steak, grilled

75 calories: 1/5 cup of steamed rice

Total: 396 calories

Overall: for the day: 1,430 calories

Need to lose 1 lb of fat on my lower abs. Yan target ko this month. Phase 1 yan of bodybuilding -- cutting. And what it really means is cutting of fats in lower abs.

X5ZJRco.jpg

Once fat in lower abs is cut, Phase 2 na ako, AKA bulking. This is the opposite of cutting in that it is about increasing calories via increasing food consumption of carbo (fuel) and protein (muscle growth).

July target calorie intake: 1500 -2000 per day (adding an extra protein smoothie to my current diet)

August target calorie intake: 2000-2500 per day (adding an extra tuna can snack and a power bar to July's target diet)

Meron naman onting imprubment. Yung 1lb of fat natapyas ko to 0.8 lb of fat na lang. Target ko by end of month 0.7 lb of fat na lang yan. If that happens, then I can project na in a month 0.3 lb of fat natatangal ko sa by end July, 0.3 lb of fat na lang yan which hopefully means, lalabas na konti yung lower abs ko by end July.

Right now, medyo lumabas na yung nakatagong 4 abs ko sa taas. Me 4-pack na ako although baby abs lang. Yung pic relaxed state lang yan, medyo lumalaki abs pag nag-flex ako.

rclGnWm.jpg?1

Edited by MRROUGHSEX