Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

I was size 36 and a littler over 200 lbs late last year. After taking control of my calorie intake and going to the gym (cardio and a little weights) regularly, I lost 25 lbs after a month and a half. Basically, I'm starving myself to death and losing a pound everyday. Now, my weight fluctuates between 125 and 130 lbs and now wearing size 28 pants.

Now, my only problem are the stretch marks left on my tummy. Good thing the drastic weight loss didn't show on my arms or necks. Like that Fat Bastard in Austin Powers.

I still remember reading this thread last year and laughing when I remember buying those DVD videos of Hip Hop Abs and trying it. All the while, you only need is a combination of discipline and determination to your goal.

Edited by spiderhung
I was size 36 and a littler over 200 lbs late last year. After taking control of my calorie intake and going to the gym (cardio and a little weights) regularly, I lost 25 lbs after a month and a half. Basically, I'm starving myself to death and losing a pound everyday. Now, my weight fluctuates between 125 and 130 lbs and now wearing size 28 pants.

Now, my only problem are the stretch marks left on my tummy. Good thing the drastic weight loss didn't show on my arms or necks. Like that Fat Bastard in Austin Powers.

I still remember reading this thread last year and laughing when I remember buying those DVD videos of Hip Hop Abs and trying it. All the while, you only need is a combination of discipline and determination to your goal.

Dude, have you talked to your doctor / physician about this? Losing so much in such a short time frame ain't exactly healthy. I'm particularly concerned when you said you were starving yourself to death? Put everything in perspective dude you're beggining to sound like a candidate for Anorexics Anonymous. You could be doing your body a lot of irreparable damage already. Eating the right kind of food would definitely be more appropriate than not eating at all, especially now that you're leading a more active life style, you need the calories (from good sources). In this game, losing weight is not always a good sign. You're exposing yourself to a whole lot of ailments from getting the common cold too often or even getting osteoporosis. The fuel you're using has to come from somewhere and if you haven't been feeding your body then chances are your body is probably feeding on itself. Just my two-cents worth. Btw, with regards to the stretchmarks, sad to say they're with you for life (short of cosmetic surgery). You can only minimize their appearance. Good luck!

Since getting off my ass around three months ago, my weight went from 314 lbs. to 306 lbs. Dismayed by the slow progress (since I've combined cardio, sensible eating, and weight training already), I put tape measure to waist just for kicks. Not expecting much, I was genuinely surprised that I lost 4 inches. Did I lose just water or is it the real thing? I again measured myself hydrated and after a meal and its the same.

Since getting off my ass around three months ago, my weight went from 314 lbs. to 306 lbs. Dismayed by the slow progress (since I've combined cardio, sensible eating, and weight training already), I put tape measure to waist just for kicks. Not expecting much, I was genuinely surprised that I lost 4 inches. Did I lose just water or is it the real thing? I again measured myself hydrated and after a meal and its the same.

Congratulations on your progress dude. It would be safe to say it was mostly fat. Now that you're working out you're probably gaining some muscle so your weight won't be a really accurate barometer for your progress. There are a lot of ways to determine this, like BMI, Body Composition (Fat : Lean Mass ratio), Waist-to-hip ratio, I mean a lot. Personally, I prefer to use them together (BMI and Body Composition). Don't be dismayed, slow but sure is good. Eventually you'll hit a plateau but don't be disheartened it just means you need to do things differently because your body has learned to adapt (the human body is an amazing piece of hardware!). For most, this comes between the 3rd - 6th month and many fail to pass this bump due to frustration. When it comes, don't get frustrated. Try to learn more. Don't be tempted to do anything in excess, use your good sense and judgment and of course a physician's advice will definitely help. Goodluck on your way to healthy living!

For upper Abs, what I do is at the side of the bed, I grab a small monoblock chair using my feet (as if unggoy ako :goatee: ... what I mean is "ipitin ng mga paa") and then slowly raise it up and down for 30 counts. 2 sets. It surely develops the upper abs... but for the lower abs, the usual sit-ups and limiting beer and rice intake.

TIP: Check nyo BMR nyo hanap kayo online calculators its not that accurate but at least you'll have an idea. Pag nakuha nyo na may basis na kayo how much calori your body is taking up a day from there you'd want to go on calorie restrictions and oh dont go below 1300 calories coz it will definitely make your body hibernate (bad idea since your metabolism will go down drastically) dieting is BAD really BAD. eating the right food and working out is the way to go. Also if its belly that your concerned about its the last part to go (lack of nerve endings in stomach makes your brain neglect the fats stored there and get from other sources first) <--- sucks!

Consuming 1800 calories of fat is not the same as consuming 1800 calories of protein and complex carbs.

• 2 weeks later...

I was about 170lbs. last 2005. Quit smoking, went active, went on a diet, stay disciplined with whatever I eat.

2008, I'm at 150lbs., still active, and got my new body shown in my avatar.

Not being narcissist here, folks. Just saying that whatever your mind can achieve, you can achieve in reality too.

• 2 weeks later...
take brunch and dinner only for the day.

do a lot of sit-ups and crunches. as plenty as you can.

worst advice ever.

a couple of facts:

sit-up world record holder Mark Pfeltz, who completed 45'005 sit-ups in 58.5 hours was not exactly ripped. in fact, he had no visible "six-pack." his belly fat actually rolled in front of him whenever he completed a sit-up. lesson: spot reduction is bullcrap. visible abdominal muscles are a result of low body fat, not abdominal strength.

not eating for 4 hours puts your body into "starvation mode," a survival instinct where your body recognizes the shortage of food, drastically lowering your metabolism. in other words, "fat storing mode." lesson: if you want to burn more calories and more body fat to look lean, what the hell are you doing starving?

sadly, only a few people comprehend the word "diet." most still associate it with not eating and starvation.

apparently, this guy does not eat:

http://www.thetechherald.com/media/images/200817/Malnourished__top.jpg

if your goal is to achieve a similar physique, then i have no right to interfere with your business. each one to his own.

Edited by Palakol
worst advice ever.

a couple of facts:

sit-up world record holder Mark Pfeltz, who completed 45'005 sit-ups in 58.5 hours was not exactly ripped. in fact, he had no visible "six-pack." his belly fat actually rolled in front of him whenever he completed a sit-up. lesson: spot reduction is bullcrap. visible abdominal muscles are a result of low body fat, not abdominal strength.

not eating for 4 hours puts your body into "starvation mode," a survival instinct where your body recognizes the shortage of food, drastically lowering your metabolism. in other words, "fat storing mode." lesson: if you want to burn more calories and more body fat to look lean, what the hell are you doing starving?

sadly, only a few people comprehend the word "diet." most still associate it with not eating and starvation.

apparently, this guy does not eat:

if your goal is to achieve a similar physique, then i have no right to interfere with your business. each one to his own.

AMEN to that!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Sadly up to this point in time many people are still being mislead into the "crash diet" and "spot reduction" way of trying to produce that six pack.

Let me point this out too (though I am sure many of you have heard or read about this time and again): Situps do strengthen your abdominal muscles but but but! No matter how strong your abdominal muscles get from doing a thousand situps a day that won't mean jacksh*t on the beach when you've got a layer of fat covering it up.

You can go and crunch and situp all you want but unless you remove that layer of fat above your abdominal muscles it's quite useless (unless your practicing to get that situp world record sir Palakol mentioned).

Again you remove fat thru a combination of diet (this includes supplementation), aerobic (aka cardiovascular) excercises and some form resistance training. Starving won't do you sh*t it only teaches your body to store fat better.

AMEN to that!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Sadly up to this point in time many people are still being mislead into the "crash diet" and "spot reduction" way of trying to produce that six pack.

Let me point this out too (though I am sure many of you have heard or read about this time and again): Situps do strengthen your abdominal muscles but but but! No matter how strong your abdominal muscles get from doing a thousand situps a day that won't mean jacksh*t on the beach when you've got a layer of fat covering it up.

You can go and crunch and situp all you want but unless you remove that layer of fat above your abdominal muscles it's quite useless (unless your practicing to get that situp world record sir Palakol mentioned).

Again you remove fat thru a combination of diet (this includes supplementation), aerobic (aka cardiovascular) excercises and some form resistance training. Starving won't do you sh*t it only teaches your body to store fat better.

actually, anaerobic exercise is more effecient in burning fat than areobic