Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

But my prob is, I don’t wanna gain muscles kase kahit papano eh may curved na muscles ko and i wanted it to stay that way.

My housemate who uses to go to gym last year says the exact words im sayin now, but as i saw it, nde nya mapigilan magpalaki ng katawan, i told him na malaki na katawan nya and he just simply said kulang pa daw. Some of my friends said to me that mentality daw sa gym na ganito and nde maiiwasan, kumpetensya kumbaga at maeenganyo ka.

Could someone tell me more about this so called mentality..

thx..

I asume what you want is "maging lean lang"?

well, you can achieve that but you still need to lift weights to build muscel which will help fight off the fat in the long run

About that mentality, it really depends.

I am happy with my size but wanna get leaner and constantly get stronger.

Di ko kasi talaga type ang texture ng avocado ... parang makinis na parang ewan.

Admittedly, ang pinakamahirap alisin sa kin yung aspartame ... sa kape, sa soda, etc etc...

Try ko sya this Sunday. Ipost ko dito anong effect.

aspartame = brain tumor. mas maganda pang mag muscovado ka na lang. at regular soda na lang, kay sa diet.

This is my looooonggggg time problem...

sarap lumamon eh...

last year i tried to do sit ups and some abs exercises, napansin ko na nagfifirm lang sya but the fats around it is nandun parin..hirap mabawasan. This xmas, i ate a lot and napansin ng iba ko officemate na tumaba raw ako and so indeed. Im planning to enroll sa gym this afternoon para sa cardio "daw" (not familiar with the fitness terms). But my prob is, I don’t wanna gain muscles kase kahit papano eh may curved na muscles ko and i wanted it to stay that way.

My housemate who uses to go to gym last year says the exact words im sayin now, but as i saw it, nde nya mapigilan magpalaki ng katawan, i told him na malaki na katawan nya and he just simply said kulang pa daw. Some of my friends said to me that mentality daw sa gym na ganito and nde maiiwasan, kumpetensya kumbaga at maeenganyo ka.

Could someone tell me more about this so called mentality..

thx..

1. that "bigger is better" mentality is not a rule in the gym.

2. not wanting to get huge is not an excuse to avoid weights. you can't accidentally get huge. if it were that easy, do you think people would choose to be as they currently are? you are undermining the hard work of bodybuilders.

3. you want to lean out. the best way is to increase your metabolism. i suggest a lot of backreading.

Thank you to those who replied…

About gym mentality that I was INQUIRING about, got first hand experience yesterday (day 1 of my attempt to have a lean body).

It may not be the rule in the gym but IMHO, it was unspoken rule not within the group but within self. I guess you guys already know what im talking about, it is not easy not to compare in which case I believe leads to the mentality.

1. that "bigger is better" mentality is not a rule in the gym.

2. not wanting to get huge is not an excuse to avoid weights. you can't accidentally get huge. if it were that easy, do you think people would choose to be as they currently are? you are undermining the hard work of bodybuilders.

3. you want to lean out. the best way is to increase your metabolism. i suggest a lot of backreading.

Sir palakol,

Thank you for pointing about the weights, I believe it is so.

It is not my intention to undermine the hard work of bodybuilders, what I’m inquiring how to loose those love handles without gaining muscles or getting huge as you point out.

Now..back to regular abs programming.

It is not my intention to undermine the hard work of bodybuilders, what I’m inquiring how to loose those love handles without gaining muscles or getting huge as you point out.

focusing on eating as clean as possible but still focusing on lifting heavy weights is one of the things you should do to achieve this

The gym instructor told me to also watch out for the gravy, sauce or mayonnaise kasi ito daw ay nakakataba din though we may not know it. I also asked if rice makes one gain weight or naglalaki ng tyan. Sabi nya no, carbs ang rice. Ang nakakalaki daw ng tyan ay yung ulam na sinasama sa rice.

aspartame = brain tumor. mas maganda pang mag muscovado ka na lang. at regular soda na lang, kay sa diet.

Ill keep that in mind -- the muscovado I mean.

Im on the halfway mark of my "fruit day" -- ive had 2 small oranges, 2 bananas, an apple and some fresh pineapple slices.

Surprisingly, im not hungry and im not feeling faint or weak.

My question though is -- there is a juice brand here called Odwalla -- its all natural and has no additives. They have a variant called SuperFood -- and I was thinking of taking that for dinner. Is that cheating?

Im on the halfway mark of my "fruit day" -- ive had 2 small oranges, 2 bananas, an apple and some fresh pineapple slices.

Sir palakol,

can you please share your fruit diet?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

napakahirap talaga when it comes to dieting, ako as much what i need to set yun lang kinakain ko..,

we are not other races na can live without rice on their dish..

lifting weights is really essential.., even if you dont do the gruesome crunches, i believe other exercises help flatten your abs indirectly, and helps you build those muscles too..,

but still dont give up on your situps / crunches.., it can tone your abs but a long way to go if you have beer bellies and love handles (like me ;) )

About the topic I have done alot of research about it. Dati akong 180 lbs. and napababa ko nang 160 - 165 lbs. doon lang nag lalaro sa ngayon. Medyo malaki and bulky din tiyan ko dati. Im not an expert pero I just want to share some topics that I have researched.

First di nakukuha nang abs workout alone ang pag papaliit nang tiyan. Kahit na mag workout ka nang mag workout for your abs, mag kaka muscles ka din pero natatabunan parin ito nang layers of fats.

The best way to loose body and stomach fats is to increase your activities and lessen your calorie intake.

It is not that complicated, kung ilang taong ka na kumakain nang same quantity/ habbit/ routine etc.., mataba ka or may tiyan, ibig sabihin ganyan na talaga yung nakasanayan mo (you are what you eat ang sabi nga nila). Ang gawin mo bawasan mo nang mas konti yung pagkain mo and maintain mo yun. Kasabay nito increase mo naman yung physical activities mo. The best mag pa payat ay anything na involve ang ANAEROBIC TRAINING (paki google nalang) para siyang aerobics excercise na may interval. One good sample is Running, mas effective siya kaysa sa long mins or even hours of boring cardio excercise.

Ganoon lang, food discipline and physical activities. Ofcourse dapat magkaroon ka nang dedication, consistencies and goal. Pag medyo bumaba na ang timbang mo and hindi ka pa satisfy sa result. Same routine lang gawin mo pero this time lesser food intake.

Unfortunately, yung stomach fats natin ang pinaka huling parts o may taba na may pinaka mahirap tunawin.

Tip:

If you want to do these more effectively, do your activities early in the morning before taking your breakfast (nope di ka manghihina kasi may energy kang nakuha nung nag rest ka, 2nd meron ka pang reserved fuel which is your own body fats). If you do this in the morning before breakfast, you are tapping directly at your own body reserved fats. Sa madaling salita mas madali kang papayat or mas madali mong makikita yung result kasi mas direct yung pag sunong mo nang calories mo kaysa taking breakfast first before your activities. Dapat 8 hours na empty stomach saktong sakto pag gising mo. Pag ginawa mo ito, ang unang i bu-burn mo ay yung huling kinain mo.

I hope these help, medyo di parin ako satisfy sa result ko lalo na these past holiday seassons na medyo puros kain. Pero babawi ako hehehe :lol:

i was a 2 sport athlete back in college and so my physical well-being was constantly monitored by trainers, dieticians, and therapists. so what i'm imparting right now is not a load of BS but what i've been taught by people with BS degrees.

to become lean and mean again, a person must exercise and go on a monitored diet for a month or so. these two elements must be there. most women prefer dieting over exercising while most men prefer exercising over dieting. maybe it's a chromosome thing or whatever but what we must remember is that one without the other won't just cut it.

for a person who wants to remove excess weight, i suggest "aerobic" exercises because they are designed to burn 1) carbohydrates, 2) fat, and 3) protein - IN THAT SPECIFIC ORDER.

this is the reason why the Atkins diet (which restricts carbo intake but encourages protein consumption) and, its derivative, the Southbeach diet, have become very popular and effective because it operates on this fact - first to get burned in your body is carbo, then fat, then protein. thus if one restricts carbo in his or her diet, the body will proceed on burning the fat. i'm not saying that carbo must be totally removed (according to South Beach, there are good carbos and bad carbos)...all i'm saying is that its intake should be controlled. instead of going for one cup of rice a meal, go for the half.

next, let's talk about exercise. aerobic exercises or "aerobics" are simply sustained exercises for extended periods of time. walking, jogging, cycling (stationary or outdoor), threadmill, badminton, t**-bo, boxing, etc..these are great areobic exercises designed to strengthen the heart by increasing the amount of its pumping power at less heart rate.

when exercising, the calories that are burned follow the carbo, fat, and protein sequence. aerobics lasting up to at least 30 minutes have been shown to burn calories up to the fat level. on the other hand, aerobics lasting around 45 minutes and above have been shown to burn calories up to the protein level. now you know why long distance runners look almost skeletal....though highly fit, their muscles (which is made of protein) have shrunk.

the other type of exercise is lifting weights. what it does is tone the muscles. for those who want to lose weight, the majority of the exercise should be aerobics (80-90%). lifting weights and exercises such as sit-ups, crunches, chin-ups, push-ups, dips, won't help you lose fat but they will tone your muscles so you would look solid.

this exercise and diet regimen is hard. for one thing, the reduction of carbo consumption is very hard, especially for us who have been to born to love rice. i, for one, am no longer a 120 pound athlete but a 170 pund exec craving for his youth. in the end, i guess it all boils down to discipline.

Edited by Wyld
No one threatened you. Quit your antics.
Sir palakol,

Thank you for pointing about the weights, I believe it is so.

Now..back to regular abs programming.

as far as i know, training volume is what contributes to large muscles. i believe it's continual sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

The gym instructor told me to also watch out for the gravy, sauce or mayonnaise kasi ito daw ay nakakataba din though we may not know it. I also asked if rice makes one gain weight or naglalaki ng tyan. Sabi nya no, carbs ang rice. Ang nakakalaki daw ng tyan ay yung ulam na sinasama sa rice.

paano kung ang ulam mo steamed salmon? o di kaya tuna in water?

My question though is -- there is a juice brand here called Odwalla -- its all natural and has no additives. They have a variant called SuperFood -- and I was thinking of taking that for dinner. Is that cheating?

ok lang. basta all natural.

Sir palakol,

can you please share your fruit diet?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you eat nothing but fruits for one day a week. kind of a detox thing. try backreading. (you could probably add vegetables, as long as they're all natural) the point is to eat like a monkey, because i have never seen a fat monkey before.

napakahirap talaga when it comes to dieting, ako as much what i need to set yun lang kinakain ko..,

we are not other races na can live without rice on their dish..

lifting weights is really essential.., even if you dont do the gruesome crunches, i believe other exercises help flatten your abs indirectly, and helps you build those muscles too..,

but still dont give up on your situps / crunches.., it can tone your abs but a long way to go if you have beer bellies and love handles (like me ;) )

i believe it's been more than a year since i kicked the rice out of my diet. i like sweet potatoes better.

and don't be a racist. hahaha

i was a 2 sport athlete back in college and so my physical well-being was constantly monitored by trainers, dieticians, and therapists. so what i'm imparting right now is not a load of BS but what i've been taught by people with BS degrees...

are you talking about the Ketogenic Diet?

by the way, boxing is 80% anaerobic. basically, it's interval training.

yan din sabi ng trainor ko.

nabasa ko somewhere na panget talaga synthetic sugar-gugulo lang sa hormones mo.

drink daw reg coke/soda :)

iwasan pa rin hanggang kaya. high fructose corn syrup at katakot-takot na refined sugar. :thumbsdownsmiley:

as far as i know, training volume is what contributes to large muscles. i believe it's continual sarcoplasmic hypertrophy.

Thanks, though is had to google "continual sarcoplasmic hypertrophy".

You also mention training volume. Volume in terms of single session workout or number of times lets say per week work-out?

Could you further explain?

You also mention training volume. Volume in terms of single session workout or number of times lets say per week work-out?

Could you further explain?

focus on doing more total sets per workout rather than doing a lot of exercises.

e.g. 5-8 sets for bench press

5-8 sets for squats

5-8 sets for deadlifts

no need for secondary exercises

it is to my understanding that the increase muscle size is mostly due to the increased bloodfolw within the muscle. the muscle probably needs more blood to do 8 sets than to do 1. maybe it's more of an "increasing the size of your gas tank" thing?

focus on doing more total sets per workout rather than doing a lot of exercises.

5-8 sets for squats

5-8 sets for deadlifts

^^

can't say it better than that.

Edited by Palakol

5-8 sets for squats

5-8 sets for deadlifts

thanks..

Saw Paeng Nep on Bandila, Dianne is covering his workout routine, catch up something. I think he said, lean workout is more often with lots of exercise (cant put up a word for it) rather than volume training.something like that...

Saw Paeng Nep on Bandila, Dianne is covering his workout routine, catch up something. I think he said, lean workout is more often with lots of exercise (cant put up a word for it) rather than volume training.something like that...

When watching elite level athletes train on tv, they only show part of their training and don't give the exact details or mislead people.

When a gold medal or millions of dollars are on the line, you won't openly give your secrets now would you?

When watching elite level athletes train on tv, they only show part of their training and don't give the exact details or mislead people.

When a gold medal or millions of dollars are on the line, you won't openly give your secrets now would you?

hmmmm.. got some point there.

so you think those we're misleading?

we seem to have lost track of your goal here. you want to lean out. plain and simple.

i would suggest 2-3 days a week of resistance training to build strength and muscle. (do not worry about getting big. you will NOT get big unless you want to get big. and you are going to have to really work for it, man. there are no accidental bodybuilders.) remember that two pounds of muscle burns about a pound of fat per month just to stay alive. in other words, you burn off excess calories doing absolutely nothing.

then, alternate your resistance sessions with interval training. (i personally prefer sprints.) try to get your heart rate up to about 80% of your maximum (220 - [your age]) or more. it keeps you burning at an elevated rate up to 36 hours after your workout. beats the s@%t out of what people call "cardio," or slow long runs.

and eat clean, often. never let more than three hours pass without eating.

i was a 2 sport athlete back in college and so my physical well-being was constantly monitored by trainers, dieticians, and therapists. so what i'm imparting right now is not a load of BS but what i've been taught by people with BS degrees.

to become lean and mean again, a person must exercise and go on a monitored diet for a month or so. these two elements must be there. most women prefer dieting over exercising while most men prefer exercising over dieting. maybe it's a chromosome thing or whatever but what we must remember is that one without the other won't just cut it.

for a person who wants to remove excess weight, i suggest "aerobic" exercises because they are designed to burn 1) carbohydrates, 2) fat, and 3) protein - IN THAT SPECIFIC ORDER.

this is the reason why the Atkins diet (which restricts carbo intake but encourages protein consumption) and, its derivative, the Southbeach diet, have become very popular and effective because it operates on this fact - first to get burned in your body is carbo, then fat, then protein. thus if one restricts carbo in his or her diet, the body will proceed on burning the fat. i'm not saying that carbo must be totally removed (according to South Beach, there are good carbos and bad carbos)...all i'm saying is that its intake should be controlled. instead of going for one cup of rice a meal, go for the half.

next, let's talk about exercise. aerobic exercises or "aerobics" are simply sustained exercises for extended periods of time. walking, jogging, cycling (stationary or outdoor), threadmill, badminton, t**-bo, boxing, etc..these are great areobic exercises designed to strengthen the heart by increasing the amount of its pumping power at less heart rate.

when exercising, the calories that are burned follow the carbo, fat, and protein sequence. aerobics lasting up to at least 30 minutes have been shown to burn calories up to the fat level. on the other hand, aerobics lasting around 45 minutes and above have been shown to burn calories up to the protein level. now you know why long distance runners look almost skeletal....though highly fit, their muscles (which is made of protein) have shrunk.

the other type of exercise is lifting weights. what it does is tone the muscles. for those who want to lose weight, the majority of the exercise should be aerobics (80-90%). lifting weights and exercises such as sit-ups, crunches, chin-ups, push-ups, dips, won't help you lose fat but they will tone your muscles so you would look solid.

this exercise and diet regimen is hard. for one thing, the reduction of carbo consumption is very hard, especially for us who have been to born to love rice. i, for one, am no longer a 120 pound athlete but a 170 pund exec craving for his youth. in the end, i guess it all boils down to discipline.

y do people still advocate the whole "aero" thing to slim down?

ever wonder why the fat ladies sporting neon headbands in aero-whatever classes still have fat asses after months of crazy dancing routines?

doing aero like what you said (80-90%) is probably the most inefficient way to slim down.

eat less carbs, better fat, more protein.

lift weights, build muscle, and jack up ur metabolism.

do aero only bec u need to improve ur cardiovascular system; build stamina and endurance to allow u to lift heavier while doing so at shorter rest intervals and quicker pace.

this is a surefire way to slim down and be lean.