Pano Ba Paliitin Ang Tyan

wala bang nagbebenta ng 2nd hand na abking pro jan? heheh

Blacket...i lost an inch and a half around the waste! woohoo! :cool: sayang you didn't dive last sunday! I would have shown you the result of 2 weeks of south beach! ;) Grabe! Pahirap! I'll do another week siguro. Kaya lang kakatamad kasi I won't be going to the beach anymore. Unless you finish your dive lessons na and I'll go on the weekend of your check out dive. Baka by then pwede ka na magrock climbing sa abs ko! wahahahahaha :P

yung meron second hand na abking pro please PM me! :rolleyes:

Based on all the comments that were posted here, I can just sum up in two words ang kailangan para magkarun ng abs, discipline and motivation.

Ang problema ko talaga ay ung motivation e. I've been doing the diet and all the exercises that is practically written in any books (and also in this thread) regarding how to reduce the tummy. But it only last for a couple of weeks, at maximum ay at least for a month. Then balik na ulit sa dating habit, i.e. kain ng marami, carbs, tamad mag exercise, etc..

Ano kaya ang pinaka mabisang motivation para ma maintain mo ung diet and exercise program mo?

exercises, good. diet, good.

if the problem is motivation, one thing u can try to work on is ur posture.

u may be surprised on how posture could flaten ur abs. if i have made eyebrows rise ...

then here's why.

when u exercise, ie crunches for ur abs, what u actually do is u try to compress ur abs muscles,

making a curling motion. (not pulling ur back using ur spine or ur neck, like most do) u must feel the

muscles in ur abs when u do crunches.

so what does good posture have to do with this? well, try standing up straight on parade rest

(tikas pahinga?) then pull ur abs muscles for the whole period. chest out, stomach in, in short.

now, do this often. then try doing this even if ur walking or simply standing. (i mean the compression of

ur abs muscles, not the parade rest, of course ehehe).

by doing this, u will be virtually exercising wherever u are. try pulling those abs muscles once in a while.

now when u get to control them, thats when u get the benefits and ....

a flatter abs. (muscles for men)

Cheers!!

5 Abs Building Tricks

We call them Abfacts!

Stand tall

When you're walking, stand tall and picture a cape flowing off your shoulders, Superman-style, to ensure your best posture. A taller posture will give you the appearance of being slimmer, while also training your abs to stay taut and firm. Another good trick is to think of your back as a wall and your gut as a piece of furniture pushed up against the wall to keep it from buckling.

Watch your back

Contrary to popular belief, your abs aren't found just around your navel. They're an intricate system of muscles, connecting to your rib cage, your hips, and even your backbone. To have strong abs, you need not only belly exercises but also lower-back strength and exercises for your obliques (the abdominal muscles that run down the sides of your torso).

Avoid the four-letter word

When you lose weight on a "diet," muscle is the first thing to go. It's more expensive for your body to retain than fat is, so when you run low on calories, your body dumps muscle mass and turns it into energy. When you go off the diet, you begin to gain back the pounds - but because you now have less calorie-burning muscle, the weight you gain is fat. By dieting, you've effectively turned muscle into fat.

Tune in to muscle

Maybe you've heard of "muscle memory": the way your body learns to do a physical activity (like riding a bike) and never forgets. Well, your abs have a memory, too. If you consciously keep your abs firm throughout the day, they'll tend to stay firm even when you're relaxed.

Put exercise first

Research suggests that the best way to eat less at a meal is to work out right before it. This works in several ways:

First, you're less hungry when your metabolism is revving, such as right after a workout.

Second, you're thirstier, so you drink more water, which uses up space in your belly and relieves hunger.

Third, with your metabolism revved, the calories you do eat get burned for energy pronto - not stored as fat.

exercises, good. diet, good.

if the problem is motivation, one thing u can try to work on is ur posture.

u may be surprised on how posture could flaten ur abs. if i have made eyebrows rise ...

then here's why.

when u exercise, ie crunches for ur abs, what u actually do is u try to compress ur abs muscles,

making a curling motion. (not pulling ur back using ur spine or ur neck, like most do) u must feel the

muscles in ur abs when u do crunches.

so what does good posture have to do with this?  well, try standing up straight on parade rest

(tikas pahinga?) then pull ur abs muscles for the whole period. chest out, stomach in, in short.

now, do this often. then try doing this even if ur walking or simply standing. (i mean the compression of

ur abs muscles, not the parade  rest, of course ehehe).

by doing this, u will be virtually exercising wherever u are. try pulling those abs muscles once in a while.

now when u get to control them, thats when u get the benefits and ....

a flatter abs. (muscles for men)

Cheers!!

I would have to agree on this. Most perople wouldn't notice because they thought that you're not doing a very challenging exercise but the significance of this procedure is focusing. You focus on your abs and doing enough movement to keep your abs physically active while doing something else. Of course diet and regular exercise is still required but this step is a good way to firm up those stomach. . . Low carb diet works, cardio and sufficient abs workout....

just wanted to share this with u guys.

i watched a tape of a mr olympia competition, i saw a guy who has a big tummy but with muscles on top of it. his abs kills when he flexes it ... it only shows that if the muscle can be controlled to compress ...

it surely will.

dont be mislead that the pictures u see in the magazines are too good. why? its a pictorial!! the models will surely flex for the camera ... then it looks good.

Lack of sleep and stress may also contribute in the accumulation of visceral (or abdominal) fat. It has something to do with a pronounced increase in cortisol levels. Cortisol is a steroid hormone made in the adrenal glands, which are small glands adjacent to the kidneys. Among its important functions in the body include roles in the regulation of blood pressure and cardiovascular function as well as regulation of the body's use of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Cortisol secretion increases in response to any stress in the body, whether physical (such as illness, trauma, surgery, or temperature extremes) or psychological. When cortisol is secreted, it causes a breakdown of muscle protein, leading to release of amino acids (the "building blocks" of protein) into the bloodstream. These amino acids are then used by the liver to synthesize glucose for energy, in a process called gluconeogenesis. This process raises the blood sugar level so the brain will have more glucose for energy. At the same time the other tissues of the body decrease their use of glucose as fuel. Cortisol also leads to the release of so-called fatty acids, an energy source from fat cells, for use by the muscles. Taken together, these energy-directing processes prepare the individual to deal with stressors and ensure that the brain receives adequate energy sources.

Excessive levels of cortisol have been found to promote overeating while blunting the normal rise in your metabolic rate that occurs after a meal. Alcohol intoxication (sufficient to cause a hangover) has also been shown to raise cortisol levels. A cortisol excess can also lead to a decrease in insulin sensitivity. Cortisol also reduces the utilization of amino acids for protein formation in muscle cells. A cortisol excess can lead to a progressive loss of protein, muscle weakness and atrophy, and loss of bone mass through increased calcium excretion and less calcium absorption. That is one of the reasons long-distance runners tend to have skinny physiques. With the amount of stress that runners place on their bodies, they have high levels of free radicals as well as cortisol. Excess cortisol can also adversely affect tendon health. Cortisol causes a redistribution of bodyfat to occur through an unknown mechanism. Basically, the extremities lose fat and muscle while the trunk and face become fatter. Some of the signs of overtraining include higher cortisol levels, which may cause depression-type effects. Cortisol excess can also lead to hypertension because it causes sodium retention (which can make you appear bloated) and potassium excretion

Getting enough sleep and managing stress properly can help keep cortisol levels in check. The same thing goes for regulating your alcohol intake. Those who exercise may also wish to avoid overtraining (an increase in training volume and/or intensity of exercise leading to a decrease in performance), as the corresponding increase in cortisol levels will undermine their efforts.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried cutting down on food for a few months now and I've lost a few inches from my tummy and I've noticably lost weight as well, but there is still the problem with the abs (or lack thereof) :(

I've tried to cut down on colas as well but I've been drinking lots of coke light lately, does that make your tummy bulge even if it has 0 calories?

less sodium it retains water in our body

less carbo

low cal lang dapat ang kinakain

eat lots of protein (tuna, egg) cause it cut downs your food craving

eat Tofu its healthy and very low in calories.

no colas

no sweets

no chips

drink a lot of water 4L/day

grind Flaxeed and mix it with tea, drink it. The only seed that burns fat in our body.

Tummy exercises (crunches)

Strong will power and self control

And syempre Discipline