Books We Loved When We Were Kids

Grimace

hey i loved the elves and the shoemaker too :D haha nung bata pa ko shempre :P

i also loved "the little princess" (aka princess sara) , "heidi" and "black beauty" - read them when i was in 2nd or 3rd grade

and my favorite when i was in grade school: the Sweet Valley series :lol:

OT My classmate actually gave me a Sweet Valley Halloween Super-Chiller Special (tama ba?) for a Christmas exchange gift. Ang kaisa-isang Sweet Valley ko.

Didn't know why she gave me one though considering I'm a guy.

Anyway, I read the Little Prince back when I was 7 and surprsingly liked it. Di ko lang nagets yung mga philosophical points. hehe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bleeding_angel

when i was in my early grade school years, my favorite book was the little mermaid... that is why up to this point, i have not seen the disneyfied version of it... kasi maiinis lang ako... the mermaid should not have a happy ending in the end kasi she will sacrifice herself for her man... it's unconditional love in all it's glory written for young girls.

Edited by bleeding_angel
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sweet Valley Kids and Sweet Valley High (You know the twins elizabeth and jessica, am sure you remember them! :thumbsupsmiley: ), Nancy Drew, Agatha Christie's works. But when i reached High School and Sidney Sheldon was introduced to me, i forgot all about those books and became a Sheldon (may he rest in peace) fanatic.

ei, I started reading Agatha Christie's books when I was in grade school too. :) I thought that was pretty cool kid - until one of my ex's told me that he finished Tolstoy's War and Peace & Anna Karenina when he was in grade 4. :blink:

ei, I started reading Agatha Christie's books when I was in grade school too. :) I thought that was pretty cool kid - until one of my ex's told me that he finished Tolstoy's War and Peace & Anna Karenina when he was in grade 4. :blink:

Really?!!! :thumbsupsmiley: So, you would know the cool Belgian detective whose always mistaken as french, Monsieur Poirot. hihihi! He's just cool! I remember, i used to imagine his looks and his manners. :lol:

For me "The witness for the prosecution" is the best Agatha Christie story. If i remember it right, the story is part of her 4 story in one novel book.

• 3 weeks later...