Books We Loved When We Were Kids

Grimace

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hans Christian Andersen's books -who doesn't love this guy

Roald Dahl Books esp, Charlie and Chocolate Factory, every kid loves this

The Little Prince- though I wasnt' able to grasp the true meaning the first time I read it

D. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - this opened my senses to the dark side of literature

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember reading Enid Blyton's hardbound, gargantuan books such as The Magic Faraway Tree and Adventures of the Wishing-Chair. Of course, I had my Sweet Valley/Love Stories/Fear Street/Christopher Pike phase as well. I'm rather normal, you know? :P In 5th grade, my dad introduced to me Tales of the Unexpected by Roald Dahl while my uncle supplied me with Robert Ludlum novels. At that point, I turned my back on YA and never looked back.

I remember reading Enid Blyton's hardbound, gargantuan books such as The Magic Faraway Tree and Adventures of the Wishing-Chair. Of course, I had my Sweet Valley/Love Stories/Fear Street/Christopher Pike phase as well. I'm rather normal, you know? :P In 5th grade, my dad introduced to me Tales of the Unexpected by Roald Dahl while my uncle supplied me with Robert Ludlum novels. At that point, I turned my back on YA and never looked back.

Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew / Bobbsey Twins / Trixie Belden / Encyclopedia Brown / The Three Investigators

Oh wow, that sure bring back memories. I would also like to include - The Enid Blyton series such as The Secret Seven series, The Naughtiest Girl in School series, The Five Find-outers series and The Famous Five Series. Other books I enjoyed were Perry Mason, Alfred Hitchcock, Ellery Queen, Father Brown and Rumpole of the Bailey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sinong nakaabot sa Camilo Osias dito? :)

My cousin frequently borrowed many books for me when she was in high school, and I got to read fairy tales by Andrew Lang. Yung mga tipong Green Fairy Book at Blue Fairy Book. She also brought home Nancy Drew, pero mas gusto ko yung Enid Blyton. Mga Five-Minute Tales.

• 2 weeks later...