yea eddie's hotel is pricey and its not in mandaue too:P hmm like ive said depending on what location in mandaue. lets just say i live in lahug. it takes about 30-40 mins to get to airport and have to pass by mandaue on the way whichever route i take.

How much is eddie's? I usually stay at Castle Peak Hotel or Mango Park Hotel. room rates are around php1,100 for 1 person.

been to cebu thrice... I miss Shangri-la Mactan. :)

oohh... we also went canyoning in moalboal... jumped off 30m high waterfalls!!! yeeehaaa!!! :boo:

thrilling di ba? i made that jump 3x when i was in college. and 2ce when i was in the army. the first jumps were belly flops ( OUCH ) hehehehhe

i'll be in cebu on Nov 10-12. pano pumunta ng Larsian? san pala makakain ng masarap na lechon cebu?

going to larsian is easy depending where you are coming from. personally i do not suggest going to larsian. heard so many stories about the food there so even if im vaccinated against hepa my parents forbids me to eat there. might i suggest going to AA or NEO NEO. Tsibogs, Cheavers and Mattias are also ok. These places are either in A.S. Fortuna or Salinas Drive Lahug.

If you really want the best lechon you should go for Mila's Lechon in Talisay. Otherwise CNT lechon is good enough which you will be able to buy in Ayala Food Court or their shack/resto across SM. It's also available inside SM grocery.

hi cebu pips, i am going to cebu this october 26-28, i need help where to stay between shagri-la mactan or plantation bay? which one is more relaxing place? thanks MTC!

hi..it's my first time to post on this thread..

im a full blooded manileno, my home, my family, and business is all here in manila...

yet my heart was captured by a cebuana...i first went there at cebu last year..

at first it was an agonizing experience..travelling and visiting my cebuana love...

but as time goes by i learned to love cebu...for that reason i have been to almost all the hotel in cebu from the non star to five star...

Mactan Shang is always the best option for me...but it depends upon as whats ur itinerary and purpose of visiting cebu...

but if ur appointment is in the city i wud suggest Holiday Hotel small but definitely convenient and nice rooms..

but if budget is a bit restricted you can try GV hotel near fuente and metro gaisano...

if you want the best hotel in the city it's Club Ultima that you want...

rate is just the same with waterfront..but very far in rooms, amenities, service and everything...

hope this cud help you...enjoy ur stay...if you have question about entertainment...i cud also guide you.. :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

going to larsian is easy depending where you are coming from. personally i do not suggest going to larsian. heard so many stories about the food there so even if im vaccinated against hepa my parents forbids me to eat there. might i suggest going to AA or NEO NEO. Tsibogs, Cheavers and Mattias are also ok. These places are either in A.S. Fortuna or Salinas Drive Lahug.

If you really want the best lechon you should go for Mila's Lechon in Talisay. Otherwise CNT lechon is good enough which you will be able to buy in Ayala Food Court or their shack/resto across SM. It's also available inside SM grocery.

peace..

but i just want to say that larsian is really a place to visit for first timers and new comers in cebu...

it's a place were you can dine...even on a tight budget...just learn how to choose what you really want to eat..

since it's a haven of sinugba and puso'...

but if ur kinda..eewww.. well it's not a place for you...but if you want adventure and good food...larsian is the right place..

i believe no legitimate cebuano that has never been to larsia...

buy the way the people that brought me there are my doctor friends from Chong Hua and Cebu Docs..

again...peace... :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

peace..

but i just want to say that larsian is really a place to visit for first timers and new comers in cebu...

it's a place were you can dine...even on a tight budget...just learn how to choose what you really want to eat..

but if ur kinda..eewww.. well it's not a place for you...but if you want adventure and good food...larsian is the right place..

buy the way the people that brought me there are my doctor friends from Chong Hua and Cebu Docs..

Also...if you want the best tasting lechon you may ask the place called JAI ALAI it's like the lechonan haven in manila but the lechon's are more tasty and original in taste..

just don't expect a lechon sauce..coz they anly offer what they call PATIS...

it's not the same fish sauce that we use here in manila :goatee:

but definitely a worthwhile experience...something ul try to find everytime u visit cebu...

Also...if you want the best tasting lechon you may ask the place called JAI ALAI it's like the lechonan haven in manila but the lechon's are more tasty and original in taste..

just don't expect a lechon sauce..coz they anly offer what they call PATIS...

it's not the same fish sauce that we use here in manila :goatee:

but definitely a worthwhile experience...something ul try to find everytime u visit cebu...

the sauce we offer is what you call suka at toyo. generally patis = toyo here.

peace..

none needed.

ive heard larsian isnt as cheap as it used to be. is that true? the last time i visited larsian was 8 or so yrs ago. it was still dirty with no sinks. for those who don't understand it's your typical roadside bbq place with just a table or 2 for diners to sit on and eat and a jug of water for diners to wash their hands that falls directly on the ground you're standing on.

whereas the othe places ive mentioned are the upsgraded version.

for me AA is actually cheap enough for the added amenities. best of all i love the newly renovated place in salinas drive, most especially their ample space for parking. i also love the fact that they have more variety to choose from with clean tables and chairs, sinks to wash hands on. and not having to worry too much like someone's going to snatch my things away from me at any moment.

• 3 weeks later...

HI just wondering if any of you can recommend a nice place/ hotel/ whatverer/ conference room for atleast 30-50paxs

for a 3 hour max simple seminar preferably in uptown area of cebu (osmena etc)

really appreciate it if you can also email your recos.. thanks in advance

dionaheart at gmail dot com. :flowers:

just got back from cebu last week...stayed at shangri-la mactan. mas nagandahan ako sa shangri-la mactan kesa sa plantation bay.

i went to Larsian, hindi pala kalinisan ang place na yun. ang dilim pa that afternoon nagpunta kami. nag back out tuloy ako. hindi ko na kaya yung place parang ang putik pa ng floor..eeww! sanay naman ako kumain ng mga street foods dito sa manila, pero yung sa larsian hindi ko matake sobrang untidy yung lugar.

sarap ng CNT lechon in SM...yun lang yung easy access to find a lechon cebu. love it!

just got back from cebu last week...stayed at shangri-la mactan. mas nagandahan ako sa shangri-la mactan kesa sa plantation bay.

i went to Larsian, hindi pala kalinisan ang place na yun. ang dilim pa that afternoon nagpunta kami. nag back out tuloy ako. hindi ko na kaya yung place parang ang putik pa ng floor..eeww! sanay naman ako kumain ng mga street foods dito sa manila, pero yung sa larsian hindi ko matake sobrang untidy yung lugar.

sarap ng CNT lechon in SM...yun lang yung easy access to find a lechon cebu. love it!

you should have tried the other bbq places mentioned here. they are great and a lot cleaner too.

• 2 weeks later...

My brother and I will be attending a conference in Cebu City February next year. This early, we want to plan it so we know how much we will save. Anyway, does anyone know of a cheap (but good) hotel or pension house near SM City Cebu? All information will be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

** you can respond to this thread or send me personal message **

• 2 weeks later...

il be going to cebu next weekend. Booked my stay @ Apple Tree Suites, walking distance away from Larsian but relatively new and peaceful neighborhood according to my friends who visited the place 2 weeks ago. Not bad na rin ung place that I booked, less than 1k a day, free wifi pa sa lobby. I know hindi harang ung place coz natuwa naman friends ko. =)

Plus, may guide na rin ako, cab driver sa cebu na recommended by another blogger. 2k for an entire day of touring the city. ;)

il be going to cebu next weekend. Booked my stay @ Apple Tree Suites, walking distance away from Larsian but relatively new and peaceful neighborhood according to my friends who visited the place 2 weeks ago. Not bad na rin ung place that I booked, less than 1k a day, free wifi pa sa lobby. I know hindi harang ung place coz natuwa naman friends ko. =)

Plus, may guide na rin ako, cab driver sa cebu na recommended by another blogger. 2k for an entire day of touring the city. ;)

larsian in fuente or mandaue? not familiar with the apple tree suites. what does harang mean? ok na rin for that price kc bihira maghanap ng hotel na cheap.

2k for an entire day is expensive. di naman ganun karami mapupuntahan dito eh. ano ba itinerary mo?

let's see from the airport you can probably go to shangrila and/or plantation bay. and also sutukil and lapu2x shrine. those 3 places with 3 separate cabs should cost 200 max.

then getting a cab from there to taoist temple and letting that cab wait (yes wait kc bundok and private subd for the old rich families) for you for lets say 15-30 mins should cost no more than 300. sige tawad 350 na pinapahintay mo eh. tapos from taoist to casa gorordo should cost around 80. then casa gorordo to fort san pedro another 50. from there to your hotel kahit na mandaue pa yan should not cost more than 100. hmmm san pa ba. larsian? colon st? carbon market? junquera? pede lang naman daanan yun eh. cge dagdagan na natin another 100 for extra mileage.

in short for 2k you got ripped off! :D for that price i'll be glad to become a tourist guide for the day. LOL.