larsian in fuente or mandaue? not familiar with the apple tree suites. what does harang mean? ok na rin for that price kc bihira maghanap ng hotel na cheap.

2k for an entire day is expensive. di naman ganun karami mapupuntahan dito eh. ano ba itinerary mo?

let's see from the airport you can probably go to shangrila and/or plantation bay. and also sutukil and lapu2x shrine. those 3 places with 3 separate cabs should cost 200 max.

then getting a cab from there to taoist temple and letting that cab wait (yes wait kc bundok and private subd for the old rich families) for you for lets say 15-30 mins should cost no more than 300. sige tawad 350 na pinapahintay mo eh. tapos from taoist to casa gorordo should cost around 80. then casa gorordo to fort san pedro another 50. from there to your hotel kahit na mandaue pa yan should not cost more than 100. hmmm san pa ba. larsian? colon st? carbon market? junquera? pede lang naman daanan yun eh. cge dagdagan na natin another 100 for extra mileage.

in short for 2k you got ripped off! :D for that price i'll be glad to become a tourist guide for the day. LOL.

well.. with you being an expert on all things cebu.. cguro nga im getting ripped off. But then again, i'd rather not worry about the little things. thanks na rin for the heads up. :goatee:

Edited by marc_7
well.. with you being an expert on all things cebu.. cguro nga im getting ripped off. But then again, i'd rather not worry about the little things. thanks na rin for the heads up. :goatee:

i wouldn't really say i'm an expert but then aside from plantation bay i've been to all places several times since i was a kid as part of a field trip upto this day whenever i have friends coming to cebu for the first time. i don't know how old u are but if u still have a student's id you can get inside casa gorordo for student's rate :hypocritesmiley:

for hang-out place:

banilad town center (BTC), the village, the courtyard, etc.

for nature trip:

camotes island, olango island, kawasan falls, ubong spring, etc.

formerly 'the village' is now known as 'the walk' it's simply full of restos. no more the likes of 'the courtyard'. the surrounding area is full of call centers so go figure.

well, if gigimik ka na rin lang, why do you have to go to cebu when manila has more gimmick spots?

i would suggest having dinner at Larsian's where barbeque stands are lined up. this is near fuente osmena and chong hua hospital. then for dessert, try having halo-halo in Pasil. you can take the 04D jeepney in going there. their halo-halo is just 20pesos and it's really yummy. then you can walk all the way to carbon and buy fruits and ukay-ukay (if open pa).

among the places that you mentioned larsians i the most okay but it's still not for everyone. heck! i've never been to pasil except pass by in our car and i've lived here all of my life. carbon (wet market) i've only gone inside a couple of times with my parents to buy food. other than that if having us kids around is inevitable they usually leave us at a relative's store then just come back for us because it's not safe. seriously i wouldn't be caught dead shopping in those places. it simply is not safe. now that the shopping falls on my shoulders i seriously don't think the risk is worth going to such a dangerous place. where snatching/mugging is a normal occurence. think of it as being in quiapo in manila. perhaps it's an exaggeration but nnot exactly far from truth. i only go when i absolutely have to. like for example having a party and needing to buy plenty of fresh and affordable seafoods among other things.

im in cebu ryt now. based on jlx's advise, i cancelled the city tour na and saved myself a thou. (thanks mam!). Madali nga makahanap ng taxi. I went to Larsian last nyt, not bad naman. Kung sanay ka sa posh places, mejo alangan ka d2. Pero kung masa ka naman, oks na oks! :cool:

Edited by marc_7
im in cebu ryt now. based on jlx's advise, i cancelled the city tour na and saved myself a thou. (thanks sir!). Madali nga makahanap ng taxi. I went to Larsian last nyt, not bad naman. Kung sanay ka sa posh places, mejo alangan ka d2. Pero kung masa ka naman, oks na oks! :cool:

glad to be of service :D and just a head's up i'm not a sir :boo: :lol: taxi is really not a prob here unless umuulan then it would be a pain in the ass. minsan kasi namimili but lure them by paying them extra or double then they'll be all for it. tried and tested ko na to. i beg to disagree:P di naman sa posh but at least naman sing linis sana ng dampa. hope you do get to enjoy the rest of your stay here. at least xmas rush is already over so it won't be so stressful going around town

you might want to try this. it was just launched earlier this month.

it's better to go by pairs as they are having a promo right now. though expect to spend around 1k each for both edge coaster and sky walk which is still considerably cheaper compared to macau's sky walk which costs around 3k. the money spent is well worth the experience. personally i believe going there around sunset is the best. it allows you to appreciate both day and night.

• 2 weeks later...

i'd like to add to ms jlx inputs about taxis.

I go to cebu about 3x a year i'm impressed with their taxis. When you hail one from the malls or the bigger hotels the guards give you a sheet of paper with the name and plate number of the taxi you're getting into. A good security measure i must say. And then after paying you fare they even give you the exact change!!

:thumbsupsmiley:

Hello people, I stayed in Cebu from 2003 to 2007. Cebu has been nice and progress is fats there. AYALA and SM malls have upgraded to prime spots for malling and window shopping. These places also show the real beauties from Cebu. party places have improved also with Pier 1 opening 2 bars in Cebu, there is still LOFT, and VUDU for clubbers. Or if you want the places for affordable drinks and food, there is PASEO and MANGO AVE. Cebu is fun.

If ever you need help or info about the fun and it places in Cebu just send me a message. maybe I can help. I have info from wholesome to sexy. hehehehe :goatee:

• 2 weeks later...