• 1 month later...

the best niyan sa laboratory ka lang pa check 130 pesos lang naman tapos sa car ka na lang magcollect ng semen mo para madali kesa sa cr ng lab mahirap magconcentrate dahil madami tao, paglow sperm count sigurado bigyan ka ng vit c 1000mg a day any ascorbic acid will do,tapos conzase mulltivitamin yun protein enhancer parang pampadami na iya ng count ...hth

dapat nga 3 days na no sex and masturbation... tas youd have the exam sa 4th day.. and the collected semen should be brought to the lab within 30 minutes (so better pa din na dun ka na nga sa clinic mag-M... kasi kung sa car...baka mainit paglabas mo, the heat will affect the sperm somehow)

kahit sa mga malls na may clinics like healthway, you can have the semen analysis done :)

ask a urologist for a lab request (?)

also... it helps to eat and live healthy... no smoking and drinking and late nights...

and if you're shooting for a baby...don't do it everyday :) try the every other day method...to give your sperm some time to 'grow' :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Benign sex headaches are severe headaches that occur during an orgasm. Despite the name of this condition, benign sex headaches are often quite painful. This condition has been known to exist since the time of Hippocrates (about 460 B.C), but only during the 1970's was it formally addressed by K. Kritz. Other names for this condition are coital cephalalgia, orgasmic cephalagia, and benign coital headache. There are two kinds of benign sex headaches, the first being described as a sudden explosive pain in the head during the point of orgasm. Patients have described the feeling to be like a sudden blow to the head, to a sudden throb like pulses similar to a migraine. The other type is described as a pain that intensifies as the onset of orgasm nears. In some instances both types of benign sex headache occur, the first type occurring immediately after the second type. There have also been documented cases where standing up after coitus has produced headaches. This type of coital headache is relatively rare. It can last for several weeks, and lying down relieves the pain.

Benign sex headaches occur more often in men then women, and there is a wide age of occurrence, ranging from ages 18 to 60. They are not limited to sexual intercourse; they can be triggered by any activity that ends up in orgasm (i.e. masturbation). This condition has an unpredictable occurrence, sometimes occurring at regular intervals, while in other cases it happens sporadically. However it is known that there is a higher risk of incidence if one is tired, stressed, and engaging in sexual intercourse several times in rapid succession. Having a history of migraines or tension headaches also increases the likelihood of having benign sex headaches. The duration of the headache also varies from individual to individual. It may last just a few minutes, or in more severe cases it can last a couple of hours to a day. The common factor in all cases is the intense pain in the first 5-15 minutes, then gradually subsiding as time passes. Coital headaches can also intensify certain preexisting conditions such as high blood pressure and other vascular problems, and may result in a stroke. Such complications are rare, but are important to note.

Late coital cephalgia, comes on after standing, and may last hours or days. It is thought to be associated with low cerebrospinal fluid pressure secondary to a dural tear following the physiological stress of coitus.

The pattern of headaches can be variable. Some appear suddenly, last for many months or years and stop abruptly, others occur on a regular basis for a long period of time. Attacks may be intermittent and mild, or so severe as to preclude any sexual intercourse.

Whilst most coital headaches are benign (primary benign cephalgia) - others are associated with significant morbidity ('malignant coital cephalgia'). Studies have shown that subarachnoid bleeding was precipitated by coitus in 3.8-12% of patients with saccular aneurysms and in 4.1% of patients with arteriovenous malformations.

Diagnosis The diagnosis of benign coital cephalgia is one of exclusion, having ruled out subarachnoid bleeding from a saccular aneurysm or arteriovenous malformation. Lack of accompanying symptoms such as blurred vision, vomiting or visual, sensory, or motor disturbances should identify benign headaches from those requiring further investigation. A careful history and examination is essential. Patients suspected of having a subarachnoid haemorrhage or arteriovenous malformation should have a neurological assessment, including CT scan.

Risk Factors These include obesity, kneeling position during intercourse, the degree of sexual excitement, stress, history of migraine and exertion headache, and a family history of headache and occlusive arterial disease. There is at least one report of familial sexual headache. Pharmacological triggers may include marijuana, amyl nitrite, amphetamines, sildenafil and some anxiolytics.

Prevention Weight reduction, increase in exercise, taking the passive role in intercourse, and avoidance of drugs which act as trigger factors are all thought to be helpful.

Management Relaxation therapy and biofeedback are poorly supported by evidence but have been helpful in some patients. With regard to drug management, there are no meta-analyses but the following are supported by randomised trials or case reports:

Propranolol - 40-240mg a day. This can be used on a preventive basis.

Indometacin - 25mg-75mg a day on an intermittent or regular basis.

Calcium channel blockers (e.g.verapamil 80mg tds)

The common factor in all cases is the intense pain in the first 5-15 minutes, then gradually subsiding as time passes. Coital headaches can also intensify certain preexisting conditions such as high blood pressure and other vascular problems, and may result in a stroke. Such complications are rare, but are important to note.

People who suffer from this condition should be reassured that this is rarely life threatening. Most of the time this problem will disappear on its own, but if the headaches occur frequently you should see a doctor. Once the headache has been determined to be benign via a CT (computed topography) scan, there is little to worry about. Some treatments used, if the problem persists are beta-blockers, which reduce blood pressure and are commonly used to treat migraines. To prevent further reoccurrence of benign sex headaches, the drug propranolol (sold under the name Inderal) is sometimes prescribed.

While headaches related to sex are generally benign, certain symptoms of headaches are more of a concern. Headaches that are severe, recurrent or accompanied by repeated vomiting, faintness or loss of consciousness, visual disturbances, loss of balance, or painful movement of the neck (especially chin to chest) , require urgent medical evaluation.

Edited by iwalkalone

natatakot na nga ako eh...i don't know what to do :cry: ... sa work ko pa naman ...sometimes it can't be helped... :cry:

i tried to avoid work yesterday...pero di naman pwedeng laging ganon.... :cry:

I've experienced this for 3 consecutive times already....it gets worse each time....i'm afraid to go through the next one... baka di ko makayanan :cry: :wacko:

Edited by iwalkalone

While this is definitely a rare condition, I acknowledge that this sometimes happens. The operative word here is that these debilitating headaches occur at random and are self limiting. Like the article that you posted, it usually resolves by itself. Another prevailing theory with regards to this is that orgasm causes intense vasoconstriction that leads to this headache.

Tensing yourself up, in anticipation of the possible headache only tends to make it worse. My opinion in this matter is to take it easy and have a relaxing session of lovemaking rather than vigorous activity. After all, the only sex organ that really matters is the brain! Everything else is secondary.

Like it or not, I have experienced this as well, on some occasion. The headache goes away on its own and it hasn't bothered me since.

natatakot na nga ako eh...i don't know what to do :cry: ... sa work ko pa naman ...sometimes it can't be helped... :cry:

i tried to avoid work yesterday...pero di naman pwedeng laging ganon.... :cry:

I've experienced this for 3 consecutive times already....it gets worse each time....i'm afraid to go through the next one... baka di ko makayanan :cry: :wacko:

try taking pain relievers before work.... hope it will help.... some pain relievers like ponstan Sf has 6 hours effect while others have 12 to 24 hours effect.....

Edited by xxx_nine_inch_xxx
try taking pain relievers before work.... hope it will help.... some pain relievers like ponstan Sf has 6 hours effect while others have 12 to 24 hours effect.....

yeah...i tried that...it's quite effective...na lessen yung pain...pero meron pa din...pero di kasing grabe. kaya lang....nakakainis ... sometimes parang abnormal...pain reliver before sex? forever na ba to? WTF! :( hay.