Mini Laptops

Guest Leviticus

hehe.. I'm currently here at starbucks at araneta gateway. i've just got an asus eee laptop. what can I say?!? pagkabili ko ay iniwan ko na sa car yung box, bought the charger and put the laptop inside my travelling bag (shoulder bag). pagupo ko dito and connected the wifi.. boom! surf agad. may group of students behind me that keep on looking my way, i can even hear them talking about how small, slick, and sexy this unit is.

bwahahaha.. there's a guy with an HP laptop at the couch who can't stop looking at me too. ang liit talaga ng asus laptop! the touchpad is also surprisingly easy to use (as compared to my neo laptop). medyo naninibago nga lang ako sa keyboard (medyo maliit and I've got fat fingers but I am starting to get the hang of it as I am typing this. nakakapanibago lang ang position ng right shift key because nasasapawan siya ng arrow keys).

this is a good traveling laptop, good for browsing, chatting, and checking of email.

and did I say how cute, sleek, and sexy it is? hehe. I'm going to go up later and have it gmasked.

Im still evaluating this notebook since im a heavy user of Nokia PC Suite for my Symbians and Moto software for modding & flashing/backup...

Im still checking if the software does support Linux

hehe.. I'm currently here at starbucks at araneta gateway. i've just got an asus eee laptop. what can I say?!? pagkabili ko ay iniwan ko na sa car yung box, bought the charger and put the laptop inside my travelling bag (shoulder bag). pagupo ko dito and connected the wifi.. boom! surf agad. may group of students behind me that keep on looking my way, i can even hear them talking about how small, slick, and sexy this unit is.

bwahahaha.. there's a guy with an HP laptop at the couch who can't stop looking at me too. ang liit talaga ng asus laptop! the touchpad is also surprisingly easy to use (as compared to my neo laptop). medyo naninibago nga lang ako sa keyboard (medyo maliit and I've got fat fingers but I am starting to get the hang of it as I am typing this. nakakapanibago lang ang position ng right shift key because nasasapawan siya ng arrow keys).

this is a good traveling laptop, good for browsing, chatting, and checking of email.

and did I say how cute, sleek, and sexy it is? hehe. I'm going to go up later and have it gmasked.

its too small for my taste. tingin ko it would put a lot of strain on the eyes. yung 10" ko dati pinagpalit ko sa bigger screen kasi nga its too small. and surfing is not very good kasi distorted na webpages. now im using a 12" pero i will buy a 14" next month.

also masyado ka nang nakayuko pag gamit mo yan. its good siguro for basic stuff lalo for extremely mobile persons. ok sya for students and professionals on the go. very handy and light. good for surfing, word, excel, powerpoint and email. i doubt if it could handle graphics stuff

Guest Leviticus
Hmm... this got my attention.... very interesting :rolleyes:

since the size of its HD is really small, just like other PCs,you can attach an external HD to it,right?

well.. when I was buying it at gilmore I got myself a thumb drive (8 gb) and a micro-SD memory card (2 gb). my uncle has an external hd of 250 gb which I just attached.

ang bilis ng connection and no problem with accessing it.

well.. when I was buying it at gilmore I got myself a thumb drive (8 gb) and a micro-SD memory card (2 gb). my uncle has an external hd of 250 gb which I just attached.

ang bilis ng connection and no problem with accessing it.

hmm..very interesting...

bigla tuloy akong nagdalawang isip dun sa Neo Laptop na gusto kong bilhin... I think this would be perfect for me...

Edited by hushpuppy20
Guest Leviticus
mga bossing, wala bang problema pag pinalitan ko ng OS sa WinXP? at kaya pa ba ng disk space pag nag install ako ng office?

salamat po..

no problems actually. I remember back in the days when winxp first came out.. mga P3 pa ang mga computers ko noon and naisiksik ko pa ang winxp with office 2000 on a 3 gigabyte hard disk

I just had my asus eee converted to winxp (nanghiram ako ng external dvd drive). syempre tinangal ko ang mga games, calculator, outlook express, and followed the recommendations on the asus eee manual to optimize winxp. I also opted for an office 2000 installation; only MS word, excel and powerpoint. I also installed YM and gtalk client.

It only took up 1.2 Gb of space, I've still got around 2.5 Gb free space; add to that the 8 Gb thumb drive and the 2 Gb SD card I got for this unit, I think it's enough for a traveling/semi-work unit. mamaya installan ko pa ng chikka pero sa SD card ko na lang install since hindi ko naman na tinatangal.

no problems actually. I remember back in the days when winxp first came out.. mga P3 pa ang mga computers ko noon and naisiksik ko pa ang winxp with office 2000 on a 3 gigabyte hard disk

I just had my asus eee converted to winxp (nanghiram ako ng external dvd drive). syempre tinangal ko ang mga games, calculator, outlook express, and followed the recommendations on the asus eee manual to optimize winxp. I also opted for an office 2000 installation; only MS word, excel and powerpoint. I also installed YM and gtalk client.

It only took up 1.2 Gb of space, I've still got around 2.5 Gb free space; add to that the 8 Gb thumb drive and the 2 Gb SD card I got for this unit, I think it's enough for a traveling/semi-work unit. mamaya installan ko pa ng chikka pero sa SD card ko na lang install since hindi ko naman na tinatangal.

sounds good.. i might buy this brand nalang... :thumbsupsmiley:

i need a laptop narin kasi...

Guest Leviticus
How much yung me webcam nila kaya?parang na ti temp ako bumili..hehehe

last I went to gilmore and asked at pc corner (browse ka sa www.pccorner.com.ph may nakalagay na 17000 ang without cam and 19000 ang with cam) ang may cam nila na white or black ang color ay 21000. sa pcgilmore (according to their website www.pcgilmore.com.ph) ang price nila ay 19,800.

pasok sa gilmore center (yung may shakey's) and asked there, 21000 rin ang price according to two shops I inquired.

I went to pcexpress across the street and inquired from them. installment price ay 19800 while kung cash ay 17500 (may camera eto). I was almost tempted to get the neo laptop advertised outside their shop (19899 ang unit) but nah.. sa asus na lang ako because of its size.

hth..

EDIT: the feature I like the most with this laptop is its size. I've had my neo laptop for over a year now. It is very very tedious to be lugging around a 2 kilo bag with the charger, the mouse, and headset. dapat special pa ang bag mo.

with the asus eee, CLUTCH BAG lang ang kailangan ko. hindi na ako nagdadala ng maleta para sa laptop.

Edited by Leviticus
Guest lustfortravel
sounds good.. i might buy this brand nalang... :thumbsupsmiley:

i need a laptop narin kasi...

i got mine today but in my opinion, its only good as a second laptop because of its limited features. i bought one so that i dont have to bring my precious mac whenever i travel abroad since all my files are there. at least with the asus, i can still stay connected. :)

Guest Leviticus
The webcam is clear po ba?thanks

surprisingly, the webcam is clearer than the camera on my neo laptop. I'd say it is at par with the

A4 tech cameras. I believe the webcamera on this tiny laptop is 1.3 megapixels but I have to consult with the manual later to confirm it.

I've just installed chikka and mozilla firefox in addition to the YM and gtalk clients. hehe.. sa SD card ko na install ang chikka and firefox. oo nga pala, yun ang isang complaint ko on this laptop. ang hirap tangalin ang SD card from the card slot :unsure: kailangan ko pa ng tweezer to remove it because exaktong exakto lang ang memory card dun sa slot.

Guest lustfortravel
A nice combo for local working traveller or tourist would be:

Asus EEE

external mini HD (the highest capacity you can buy)

Smart bro (or a substitute modem 3G phone)

:thumbsupsmiley:

I've been wanting to inquire about this. I don't want to subscribe to smartbro since i have wifi access but there are lulls in airports that i would like to maximize the time by answering emails of clients. I have a nokia 6288 which is 3G i guess - can this work with smart buddy then i connect it with my asus?

Edited by lustfortravel