Build A Model Body!

dont eat anything that has oil, sugar and salt. avoid alcohol :sick:

have a personal trainer and work out till you drop dead :sick:

waste all your money to derma and reconst doc :sick:

if you have the looks, baka makuha ka sa minsan sa isang commercial :D

if you do not have the looks, you have to settle with a few stares and compliments :P

and itsssssssssss painfullllllllllllll!!!!!!!! :sick:

I agree on all posts except the personal trainer... Many trainers don't know their craft and are just in there for the money. Only a few really know what they are doing

dont eat anything that has oil, sugar and salt.  avoid alcohol  :sick:

have a personal trainer and work out till you drop dead  :sick: 

waste all your money to derma and reconst doc  :sick:

if you have the looks, baka makuha ka sa minsan sa isang commercial  :D

if you do not have the looks, you have to settle with a few stares and compliments  :P

and itsssssssssss painfullllllllllllll!!!!!!!!  :sick:

like everyone says it's about your body's metabolism, i dont have a models body but i was able to reduce my weight from 160-125lbs. and i only do jogging and grandstands at marikina sports complex.

No lifting weights, besides i just want a defined body not a bulky one. at first you can only do at most 3 to 5 round at the oval but as time progresses your body will adapt. the reason i got hooked to this is because my uncle who's 50+ can jog 30 to an hr non-stop. he also has a defined body, for someone that age its hard. Sabi niya jog lang papayat ka, pero better daw yung swimming, di ako marunong lumangoy eh :blink:

here's an experiment

take one longanisa, cut it i half and fry one half  of it (without any oil) on a non-stick frying pan.

makikita mo n lumiliit sya because nawawala ang fat (which is the oil). dahil na-bu-burn sya ng heat.

take the other half and massage it.

you will notice n its size will not reduce kahit n ano pa gawa mo.

my point is,  to loss fat, you must exercise correctly para tumaas metabolism mo (heat your body up), and burn  or fry away those fats.

sure fire, wallang mintis yan, tanggal taba mo.

tried it on myself n, and plus you must eat right.

take out the junks and the process foods and start eating real foods.

great analogy! :cool:

pahingi ako ng mga advice bossing! i want to have a mark nelson body! pro hirap na hirap ako...nggym ako parati pro nahihirapan ako pawisan kya lumalaki ako lalo! kya ngyn bsketball lng ako ng basketball pra pawisan kya lng lumuliit lng ako la naman cuts! panu kya to guys? thnx

Just to share...

Had my physical exam lately and I was really dissappointed sa result. mataas blood pressure ko and overweight. I admit din na since magstart ako magwork I gained weight (I knew it this corporate world will k*ll me)...

One thing lang I am determined to lose weight not to gain pogi points ha but to see na buhay pa ako 13 years from now.

I visit the gym every sunday (or saturday) and have a 1 hour boxing session with a trainor and another 2 hours alone (halo na yun boxing and weight lifting).

My dilemma is this...

Hindi ba makakasama if I'll cut down my rice intake and continous ako sa aking pagpapayat?

Any recommended routine for me?

A friend of mine told me na replace rice with kamote, how effective is this (yung sa pag-utot...tyaka ko na proproblemahin yun).

Definitley I am avoiding anything na may mataas na cholesterol, salt and sugar.

Hope you guys can help this fat guy.

1. Your friend's advice is relative. Some people tend to bulk faster with komote, it depens on the chemical reaction to your body.

2. For a training routine, stick to the basic free weight compound exercises such as squats, bench presses, deadlifts, rows, p[ullups and military presses

Where are you from? I can help you find a good gym

Just to share...

Had my physical exam lately and I was really dissappointed sa result. mataas blood pressure ko and overweight. I admit din na since magstart ako magwork I gained weight (I knew it this corporate world will k*ll me)...

One thing lang I am determined to lose weight not to gain pogi points ha but to see na buhay pa ako 13 years from now.

I visit the gym every sunday (or saturday) and have a 1 hour boxing session with a trainor and another 2 hours alone (halo na yun boxing and weight lifting).

My dilemma is this...

Hindi ba makakasama if I'll cut down my rice intake and continous ako sa aking pagpapayat?

Any recommended routine for me?

A friend of mine told me na replace rice with kamote, how effective is this (yung sa pag-utot...tyaka ko na proproblemahin yun).

Definitley I am avoiding anything na may mataas na cholesterol, salt and sugar.

Hope you guys can help this fat guy.

With regard to losing fat or slimming down your tummy..

Some recommend to not to eat rice/carbo for dinner or when going to sleep cause it won't burn since you will not do any physical activity when sleeping...and this definitely makes sense..however I've also read somewhere that if you cut down your carbs, your body will adapt and your metabolic rate "decreases" so in effect you'll slim down slower..Im quite confused

any input about this one guys|?.....tnx much!

I guess the "REAL SECRET" is consistency,...work outs doesnt have 2b very intense, as long as regular and diet? no need for the "model's dite",..juz dont over eat, and as much a spossile, pls stay away from vices, speially drugs n smoking,.....

for me it rlly works..........and a LOT, LOT of POSITIVE Thinking!

cheerz :mtc:

Another one of the fallacies of dieting. You burn calories whether you're awake or asleep. There's such a thing called RMR (resting metabolic rate).

You need to cut total calories and not just one macronutrient.

Here's an analogy...

If rice was the main cause of obesity, then why are there so many obese people in north america despite they don't eat rice?

With regard to losing fat or slimming down your tummy..

Some recommend to not to eat rice/carbo for dinner or when going to sleep cause it won't  burn since you will not do any physical activity when sleeping...and this definitely makes sense..however I've also read somewhere that if you cut down your carbs, your body will adapt and your metabolic rate "decreases" so in effect you'll slim down slower..Im quite confused

any input about this one guys|?.....tnx much!

1. Your friend's advice is relative. Some people tend to bulk faster with komote, it depens on the chemical reaction to your body.

2. For a training routine, stick to the basic free weight compound exercises such as squats, bench presses, deadlifts, rows, p[ullups and military presses

Where are you from? I can help you find a good gym

I am from cainta, actually there are two gyms (or 3) na accesible naman sa amin. :-)

Thanks for the "enlightenment"

Post ko pic ko pag pumayat na ako...

my weight ngayon is 199lbs for a 5'7"...overweight

Good.

you might wanna check www.crossfit.com... a great library there of exercises and workouts

Actually its a boxing gym. Wala syang machine, they only have a 2 boxing bags, 2 of those fast moving balls (di ko alam tawag dun) and yung teardrop shaped na sinusuntok para bumilis din yung kamay mo (definitely a newbie here). A ring and a couple of weights.

its all about calories... when you eat a lot of high calorie food, it gets stored in the form of fat.. that simple. Carbs and oily foods are high in calories, you can check out the internet for the high calorie food list.

If you work out more than what yer able to eat then your body will start to turn to your fat stores for extra energy. Also, the higher yer body temp is, the faster yer metabolic rate and thus the higher capacity to "burn up" yer fats. So decreasing yer caloric intake and increasing yer caloric expenditure through work out is the best way to lose weight healthwise...

another thing, if yer body is more muscular, it will need more energy to operate... so guys, generally the more muscular you are, the higher is your efficiency to burn calories because of a higher caloric body requirement.

Now, you can do the dont eat diet... that definitely works, but the downside is ulcer, reflax, gas pains, muscle atrophy, generalized weakness, etc... but at least you lost weight... the atkins also works but not very healthy... one of the guys above mentioned to just eat right, thats very sound advice... we know naman basically whats right and wrong for our body... just read up a bit more para pulido yung strategy...

1. If you see that a gym has more machines than free weights, take your money and run away

i did just that a few months back.. hehehe machines are sissies! joke! :D i prefer to lift the powerlifter's way! btw, have you noticed fitness first (libis)? masmadami silang machines, kaya di ko rin nagustuhan..

anyway, for fitness tips, try nyo rin read articles from www.askmen.com, www.menshealth.com, www.bodybuilding.com

pansin nyo, yung mga fitness routine na feature sa mens health magazine... kadalasan composed of free weights din. :) :thumbsupsmiley: