Fazzoli's in eastwood, libis. 

Napoli in commonwealth.

Nielsen's in makati.

Authentic italian pasta, although most Pinoys don't like it because the sauce is too sour for their taste.

authentic italian pasta dishes are indeed an acquired taste for the uninitiated....

when introducing "authentic" pasta dishes to newbie friends,its best to start the out with something safe like carbonara or olive oil and garlic...

speaking of authentic Italian pasta, i don't think it's about the sauce that pinoys do not appreciate. I think it is the pasta itself. Italian pasta is al dente, which most pinoys find to be "matigas." The pasta that the average pinoy knows is actually overcooked pasta - similar to jollibee spaghetti.

For me the best pasta are those served in cibo, pasto and don henrico's, which an Italian colleague of mine liked so much. Italianni's pasta is crap, based on my own experience and after tasting authentic Italian pasta. My Italian colleagues laugh at the name of the restaurant itself. They did not want to eat there since the name is a joke so they assumed the food is a joke as well. They were proven right when I reluctantly tried eating there.

speaking of authentic Italian pasta, i don't think it's about the sauce that pinoys do not appreciate.  I think it is the pasta itself.  Italian pasta is al dente, which most pinoys find to be "matigas."  The pasta that the average pinoy knows is actually overcooked pasta - similar to jollibee spaghetti.

For me the best pasta are those served in cibo, pasto and don henrico's, which an Italian colleague of mine liked so much.  Italianni's pasta is crap, based on my own experience and after tasting authentic Italian pasta.  My Italian colleagues laugh at the name of the restaurant itself.  They did not want to eat there since the name is a joke so they assumed the food is a joke as well.  They were proven right when I reluctantly tried eating there.

hmmm...pwede rin nga dahil al dente...but i still think its the sauce that most filipinos don't like about authentic Italian pasta, they've been so accustomed with sweet sauces for their pasta, del monte even came out with the filipino style spaghetti sauce...sa tingin ko lang naman :)

what do you think about the pasta of Belini's in Cubao? Roberto (the owner) is an Italian but he might have altered some of his pasta to fit the tastebuds of his mostly filipino customers....eh yung sa Avenito? authentic ba? hindi pa ko kumakain Italiani's, i find it too expensive

seafood alfredo straight from my kitchen hehehe ... as much as possible gusto ko ako ang magluluto ng pasta dish ko para mailagay ko kung anong ingredients ang gusto ko saka maco-control ko ang lasa.

if it's a tomato-based sauce, i don't really care if it's sweet or sour ... depende na yun sa mood ko.

• 3 weeks later...
Italianni's pasta is crap, based on my own experience and after tasting authentic Italian pasta.  My Italian colleagues laugh at the name of the restaurant itself.  They did not want to eat there since the name is a joke so they assumed the food is a joke as well.  They were proven right when I reluctantly tried eating there.

I agree with you! But to be frank about it, Italianni's is really American-Italian. It's not authentic Italian. Just look at the pictures on the wall - it's all about Italian immigrants to the land of milk and honey.

Too bad the really good authentic Italian restaurants have begun closing down. La Taverna, Cuccina Italiana. I can still remember the taste! Multo Bene!

BTW, I had an Italian guest once, and he wouldn't dare go near Cosa Nostra! bwahaha! Scared the heck out of him! He thought it was authentic Cosa Nostra di Familia Mafia! We eventually went to La Taverna, and he literally fell off his chair that we had such great Italian fare in Manila - he just came from a 3 week stay in the far-flung provinces of China and had nothing but noodle soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner.