Always Follow Your Heart ( Daw. )

And ever get that feeling that you wanted something else or something more, like something's missing but you don't know what or why? You can't explain it, you just feel it.

:D

Precisely why I had an overdose of caffeine earlier. I thought a brain boost would give me the best idea, but it turns out, the void of the heart cannot be filled in by the mind.

So yes, something is amiss. The quest continues...

• 2 weeks later...

fairly recently, i allowed logical thinking to walk away and i ended up in a not so good place. logic usually loses to emotion. i really want to say follow your heart, it'll make you happy. not entirely true though because there are instances that the heart's path will lead it to being shattered into a gazillion pieces.

follow your heart all the time and you'll end up shattered. yes, it will mend in time. but, how much can you take before you end up being heartless because you got ripped apart too many times?

so, i'd say no to it. you should weigh things carefully. don't let the heart and other parts of the anatomy do the thinking. they were not designed for it. use the brain, it needs exercise every now and then even when it comes to matters of the heart.

sorry ditzy and sinestro, just have to put this out, you'd only feel a certain void within if you think/feel you're not complete. before getting into any relationship, make sure you don't rely on that person for the "you complete me moment." when you do, once the feeling isn't mutual, or it is lost, you will crash and shatter, losing self esteem, etc. and what will you give to that someone if you feel like you need him/her to complete you? you might end up taking more than what you can offer or give. :(

"you complete me."

sounds soooo romantic, right?

hell no, I don't believe in that bullshit.

I'm not a jigsaw puzzles, needing or looking for a missing piece in a relationship. that's an illusion. thank you Disney, Nicholas Sparks and add those kdrama that says you'd only live happily ever after when you find 'the one'...and oh, also Jerry Maguire, of course :D

when I said, 'And ever get that feeling that you wanted something else or something more, like something's missing but you don't know what or why? You can't explain it, you just feel it,' I meant, SOMETHING not SOMEONE. coz, I'd always be wanting more, something else. I'm a work in progress. change is inevitable. I'd like to live my life to the fullest. no regrets. death will be the only reason I'd settle, hopefully. :)

but... but.. .no man is an island. relationships are essential, vital. we are not created to be on our own, all the time. and love isn't love until you give it away. we'll depend on others, they'll depend on us, we'll interdepend. and the journey will definitely be 'fun-er' when we have someone with us... well for me at least, that's how it is.

You are already complete, with all the missing parts. or if you insist you aren't, you can complete you, it is a life-long process..be patient. now, make that adventure more meaningful, with someone who accepts you completely.

Edited by ditzy
  • Like (+1) 1

sorry ditzy.....you might end up taking more than what you can offer or give. :(

all is well, ate :)

but awwwww :( that's sad.. I always feel for them, broken hearted. but whichever, there are no guarantees. there will always be pain. but what doesn't k*ll you, truly makes you stronger.

and a song comes to mind:

So I walked under a bus, I got hit by a train.

Keep falling in love, which is kinda the same.

I've sunk out at sea, crashed my car, gone insane.

And it felt so good, I want to do it again.

.....reality. it sucks and bites ...but love is just...

it's just so lovely :D

Edited by ditzy

ditzy

exactly my point! "you complete me" is absolute bullshit. :D

yes, feeling that you want something more out of life is something that drives us. follow your heart's desire to sing, dance, laugh in the rain, etc. but never because you need someone, right? follow your heart to improve yourself, that's something i can say everyone shouldgo for.

as to relationships, yes we need people around us. we need friends to have fun with, run to when we're distressed or just to have coffee with. they in turn will depend on us for the same reasons. but we don't depend on them to "complete" us, though they do make life more meaningful and yes, "fun-ner". :) and yes, we are all complete people with strengths and flaws. BUT we can always look for things tTVhat can make us better people, that's the missing piece. not that we don't have it within we just need to upgrade it a bit with experiences and knowledge gained.

love and the broken-hearted, we all relate to that at some time or another. we empathize and sympathize, that's human nature. we extend a helping hand to those who have fallen and scraped their knee to help them get back on their feet. then the cycle begins again, follow your heart or would it be different this time?

the realities of life.

still i'd say don't let the heart rule your life. the brain will give you the logic, but a true heart that feels will give you moral direction. it will hurt, but when heart (soul) whatever you wanna call it works in conjunction with the brain, you will hurt, but you will be happy knowing that you made the right choice not just for yourself but for your beloved as well.

true love is never selfish. it is giving.

it does not make a martyr of the one loving. rather it gives one the sense of understanding far beyond you think you're capable of.

true love uses both the mind and heart. you feel that you love, but you also think of what's best for both of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Pansin kolang...Kapag bata pa mapusok pa kase lagi ang sinusunod ang tibok ng puso. Gagawa ng paraan para matakasan ang mga magulang at nakikipagkita sa bf/gf. Minsan pinaghihiwalay na nga ng mga magulang dahil dipa tama ang mag asawa ng maaga..susuway parin at susundin ang nararamdaman. Kaya marami ang maagang nakakapag asawa or nabubuntis/nakakabuntis dahil dina pinag iisipan pa ang ginagawa.

Sa mga may edad na naman, mga age 40 pataas. Kung kailan matanda na at kailangan ng maghabol na ng oras para magka-anak pa eh, masyado pa nilang pinag iisipan kung makikipagrelasyon ba sila kase ayaw na nilang masaktan muli. Dahil siguro sa mga naranasan na nila kaya sila umabot sa gulang na yun kaya dipa sila nakakapag asawa. Nauuna ang isip nila kaysa puso. Kaya minsan, nandun na pala yung nakatadhana para sa kanila eh pinapalampas pa nila kase masyado silang nag iisip na baka lokohin lang sila.

Pero sa totoo lang. Ok naman kung susundin mo ang iyong puso eh. Yun nga lang sa tamang tao na sure mong dimo pagsisisihan.

yeah, the million dollar question... heart or mind? we'd all agree that we should use both, we need to balance our emotions with logic.

but as usual, easier said than done. and I'd probably do better in math than find a solution to this question :D

yes, a healthy balance of heart and mind is always the best. :)

there will come a time that we would all learn to use both.

ah, math! i think i used that to find my balance.

me + emotions + logic - the unnecessary hurt from the person - that person = a better life for me

hahaha! good day!

• 1 month later...

here is a saying na ' always follow your heart daw ' and before naririnig ko lagi yun.. hmmmmm... may mga bagay na iniisip ko minsan if tama or mali, if dapat or hindi, if i should turn back or just move forward, if what's going on sa isip ng ibang tao, if anong purpose nila, if anong tumatakbo sa isip nila whenever they did something. whenever they say something. sometimes di ko maintindihan yung mga bagay bagay. whenever we make a decision, ano ba talaga ang dapat..? gamitin ang heart..? yung iba sa kagagamit ng puso ayun lagi sila nasasaktan, yung iba naman kagagamit sa 'mind' nasasabihan nating 'heartless'. and madalas hindi sila nagiging masaya.. sabi nila 'follow your heart' eh hanggang kelan dapat ifollow yung heart ..? hanggang magkadurog durog na..? i wish they are some who share the same thinking as me... let's have a discussion here.. :) mag analyze ng mga bagay bagay..