Photo

Toughest, Most Physically Demanding Sport?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
502 replies to this topic

#41 Larry

Larry

oderint dum metuant

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:31 AM

WWE wrestling

although it is physically demanding also, pro-wrestling is not a sport

same goes for bodybuilding.

#42 koopahl

koopahl

the devil in me

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:50 AM

ultramarathoning...more than 100 kilometers...
the longest ultramarathon is the Death Valley 300k Ultra...yep, that's 300 kilometers!

#43 Chinelas1

Chinelas1

Chinelasone

• (05) Regular
  • 1,166 posts
  • Interests:Gadjets, Cars, Travel, Beach, Movies, Fine Dining, Dancing, Filipino Culture and living life to the fullest!

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:54 AM

Ironman....hands down!

#44 jzee19

jzee19
  • (05) Regular
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:--I feel sexiest in my pajamas. <br />--Mathematics is my waterloo..<br />--&quot;Sex and the City&quot; is one of my doctrines. <br />--I believe that patience is a virtue. <br />--I'd go for boxers than trunks. <br />--I am definitely WILD in my own right.<br />--I believe I am good with inter-acting with people from all walks of life. <br />--I am fascinated with learning and doin' anything under the sun. <br />-Cooking is one of my LOVE POTIONS <br />--I don't wish, I just make it happen which gives spontaneity to my life. <br />--im a CERTIFIED SCORPIO) haha<br />--I am a Catholic but I have nothing against living-in together before marriage, specially in the Philippines who doesn't imply DIVORCE. <br />--I love challenges. It gives me the equilibrium to move on<br />

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:31 AM

skiing.....

#45 riceb0i

riceb0i

dont be scared homie

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:violence, sex, violence

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:35 AM

MMA

#46 don26112

don26112
  • (03) Newbie
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:breeding fancy/racing pigeons. girls...

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

syempre, american football...

#47 aficio

aficio
  • (04) Casual
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 01:33 PM

NFL (not for long) and NHL.

Attached File  faithfulred640.jpg   54.31KB   0 downloads

#48 Tom-Tado

Tom-Tado
  • (05) Regular
  • 735 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:17 PM

although it is physically demanding also, pro-wrestling is not a sport

same goes for bodybuilding.

I have to disagree with you here sir, bodybuilding is a sport, it requires discipline not only in training, but also in keeping to the strict diet, workout patterns, and you have yo have extreme endurance. I know a lot of people think that bodybuilders just inject 'roids and then they lift a little, and then that's it, they get big, but this is very far from the truth. It's a sport that requires dedication and sacrifice.

My choice for most physically demanding sport? Triathlon.

Edited by Tom-Tado, 08 June 2007 - 10:32 PM.

#49 tidyaxx

tidyaxx
  • (05) Regular
  • 821 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:36 AM

f1 - the driver is subjected to as much as 5g in some circuits....it's like riding a roller coaster for 1.5 hrs... and that's just the race itself....meron pang testing, free practice and qualifying...

ice hockey - ice skating alone is exhausting...dagdagan mo pa ng hockey skills ....if you notice halos every 3 minutes nagpapalit ng line sa hockey......may mga legal pang banggaan ng katawan yan at minsan may boxing pa....sabi nga nila pag may nag aaway na players, hindi na inaawat kasi hinihintay na lang magkapaguran...

#50 skittleBoy

skittleBoy

wonderboy

• (05) Regular
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

for me, boxing

#51 Google

Google

The Russian Mafia

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,081 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Gym, Computers, Extreme Sports, Outdoor Sports, Beach, Basketball, Badminton

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

for me, triathlon.
second is cycling (like tour de france)

#52 howard_the_duck

howard_the_duck
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 18,000 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:21 AM

cricket kasi 4 days ang laro :lol:

#53 MarshalFox

MarshalFox

Sly One

• (05) Regular
  • 346 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

Ironman....hands down!

I vote for triathlon as among the most demanding sports. I say among as other sports also require a lot from the athlete's mind and body.

Aside from the Ironman (the most famous of which is the Hawaii Ironman) I once saw a Tenfold Ironman broadcast. Athletes were required to swim 38 km, ride their bikes for 1800 km and then run for 480 km. Sleeping and rest was allowed whenever the athletes needed to, but still its one grueling task at hand.

Finishing time was 8 days up I believe

Edited by Robertomas, 23 July 2007 - 05:23 PM.

#54 darksoulriver

darksoulriver
  • (11) Wyld
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:47 PM

For me the toughest sport. DEEP SEA Diving... :thumbsupsmiley:

This sport can really k*ll you! :cool: Thou meron naman naka stand by na Divers for protection sa players. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by darksoulriver, 23 July 2007 - 05:51 PM.

#55 federicuger

federicuger
  • (05) Regular
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:20 PM

Boxing

#56 ray004

ray004
  • (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:01 PM

PROWRESTLING!

week long ang trabaho ng mga prowrestlers (yung travel, plus yung in between days na weight at in ring skills training, regular acting workshops and yung 2-3X a week na TV shows nila)

2nd, Triathlon

#57 howard_the_duck

howard_the_duck
  • (07) Avid Member
  • 18,000 posts
  • Interests:sleeping

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:08 PM

ice hockey

#58 lukesky1976

lukesky1976
  • (03) Newbie
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

sabi nila cycling daw...

#59 bogliboi_blue

bogliboi_blue

i am a plush toy tiger

• (05) Regular
  • 601 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:56 PM

I remember reading somewhere...sometime in the 1970s, there was this TV show that pitted the notable players of many sports against each other in a series of physical challenges. Formula 1 had its own entry in the legendary dyslexic racer, Sir Jackie Stewart.

Stewart actually emerged victorious. That seems to say a lot about how fit you have to be to handle Formula 1. It's tough! We see only 20% of what they do for a living. The race drivers and test drivers have to test and test and test between races and the winter off-season.

I remember reading Fernando Alonso's physical trainer back in his days at Renault remarking at how huge his neck muscles are. They have to be---if they were any weaker he'd have trouble driving a race distance. If you've seen Alonso or his former teammate Giancarlo Fisichella in shorts and athletic attire, they're very, very fit.

Aside from F1, my vote would have to go to triathlons.

#60 Larry

Larry

oderint dum metuant

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,050 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

I have to disagree with you here sir, bodybuilding is a sport, it requires discipline not only in training, but also in keeping to the strict diet, workout patterns, and you have yo have extreme endurance.

true, and I have lots of respect for the displine bodybuilders have, but to me it's just a male beauty pageant. Beauty queens have tons of discipline too.

For me the toughest sport. DEEP SEA Diving...

I didn't know this was a sport

how do you win?

F1 is really tough, if you think about it there hasn't been a fat F1 driver, but there are fat NFL players.

Edited by Larry, 25 July 2007 - 11:13 AM.