Still One More

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4600 posts
  • Interests:Jokes and Mischief
    Books and Booze
    Learning and improving myself

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

Recently, I had the (mis)fortune of having to have 2 vehicles repaired after my delightful family had decided to 'save' money by hiring mechanics to 'repair' motor difficulties. Upon returning home from a long sojourn in the provinces, I discovered that both vehicles were misfiring and their automatic transmissions were not shifting gears, as well as a severe lack of power coming from the motor.

I took them to the casa, (Honda for the Honda, Diamond Motors for the Mitsubishi), both casa's gave similar diagnosis, full overhaul of engine, transmission, etc. etc. With bills exceeding 60T each. Dismay set in, but a friend told me to bring it to his motor shop.

I took the honda and brought it there, he tinkered with it for about half an hour then told me to try the car. It worked, full power, no misfiring, and most important of all, it shifted gears. It turns out that the timing belt was misaligned. Cost of repairs? 1500 bucks (he also had to replace the spark plugs). Same thing with my mitsubishi.

What is it with the casas? They had the cars for 2 full weeks and they couldn't check the timing belt?

This serves as a warning to all of you, always get a second and a third opinion.
  • Geornensurb likes this

#2 Oluguren

Oluguren

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:38 PM

Thanks for sharing.

But, can you share with us the motorshop where you brought your honda to be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Recently, I had the (mis)fortune of having to have 2 vehicles repaired after my delightful family had decided to 'save' money by hiring mechanics to 'repair' motor difficulties. Upon returning home from a long sojourn in the provinces, I discovered that both vehicles were misfiring and their automatic transmissions were not shifting gears, as well as a severe lack of power coming from the motor.

I took them to the casa, (Honda for the Honda, Diamond Motors for the Mitsubishi), both casa's gave similar diagnosis, full overhaul of engine, transmission, etc. etc. With bills exceeding 60T each. Dismay set in, but a friend told me to bring it to his motor shop.

I took the honda and brought it there, he tinkered with it for about half an hour then told me to try the car. It worked, full power, no misfiring, and most important of all, it shifted gears. It turns out that the timing belt was misaligned. Cost of repairs? 1500 bucks (he also had to replace the spark plugs). Same thing with my mitsubishi.

What is it with the casas? They had the cars for 2 full weeks and they couldn't check the timing belt?

This serves as a warning to all of you, always get a second and a third opinion.

#3 AmpOwtah

AmpOwtah

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 04:22 AM

There are a lot of good repair shops now since most mechanics from these shops were mechanics from different Car Manufacturers here and also outside the country.

I've heard good feedbacks from shops like H3 Autoworks which specializes on Honda cars. :)
You could try to visit them and have them diagnose your car.

Not sure with Mitsubishi though.

If you do have problems with a Toyota, I could refer you to shops that excel when it comes to repairs or upgrades such as Autotech in Quirino Ave. , Total Tuning Team in Bautista, TFACTORY in Antipolo, DMF Motorsports Alley in Katipunan, and a lot more. :)

#4 orthodoc

orthodoc

-=Orthopaedic Surgery=-

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

There are a lot of good repair shops now since most mechanics from these shops were mechanics from different Car Manufacturers here and also outside the country.

I've heard good feedbacks from shops like H3 Autoworks which specializes on Honda cars. :)
You could try to visit them and have them diagnose your car.

Not sure with Mitsubishi though.

If you do have problems with a Toyota, I could refer you to shops that excel when it comes to repairs or upgrades such as Autotech in Quirino Ave. , Total Tuning Team in Bautista, TFACTORY in Antipolo, DMF Motorsports Alley in Katipunan, and a lot more. :)

Do you know of any car repair shops that excel in toyota in QC?

#5 purpleheart88

purpleheart88

Looker

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

any good car repair shops near san juan and mandaluyong area?

#6 Google

Google

The Russian Mafia

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4081 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Gym, Computers, Extreme Sports, Outdoor Sports, Beach, Basketball, Badminton

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:47 PM

any good car repair shops near san juan and mandaluyong area?

speedyfix. please see the speedyfix thread somewhere within the service reviews.

#7 kuliti

kuliti

~Look into My Eyes!~

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2445 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

wag kyo pa align sa Goodyear near greenheights pque.. naloko pinsan ko.. nag pa align sya ng kotse 1,400 siningil sa kanya porke wala syang alam sa kotse.. badtrip mga manloloko.. ang masama d pa talaga nakuha ang alignment...

#8 gambler

gambler

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:08 PM

mga bossing, newbie lang sa sasakyan....

may recommended ba kayo na magaling talyer sa cavite? particularly malapit sa Tanza?

#9 mr.genteel

mr.genteel

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

medyo mahirap kasi humanap ng racing shop kailangan may friends ka kasi hindi sila masyado advertise... anywayz sana makatulong kayo at matulungan nyo kaming wala masyadong alam o bago pala sa pagpapatulin ng sasakyan...

#10 mp_nyaker

mp_nyaker

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:56 AM

try speedlab pare

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/

#11 yellowferoza

yellowferoza

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:25 AM

Autoplus on EDSA

Matonetiks on Banawe

They are regulars on the racing scene. Di ka nila lolokohin, but expect to pay the price. Pero lahat naman ganun ang binayad:D

#12 mr.genteel

mr.genteel

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

mga dude kung meron kayong mga contact number mas maganda para naman malaman ng lahat ng ating mga tagasubaybay....

#13 Qui-Gon Jinn

Qui-Gon Jinn

ANARKISTA

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3744 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Girls, 4x4 Off-Road Racing, Girls, Music, Girls, Visual Arts, Girls, Films, Girls, Flying Horses, Girls, Shing-a-ling, Girls

Posted 23 September 2007 - 01:06 PM

Autoplus on EDSA

Matonetiks on Banawe

They are regulars on the racing scene. Di ka nila lolokohin, but expect to pay the price. Pero lahat naman ganun ang binayad:D

Agree, Autoplus along EDSA

Matonetiks...Wala na yata si Mato sa Banawe, ang alam ko he moved dun sa street sa likod ng Heartbeat/Wilderness.

#14 mr.genteel

mr.genteel

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:28 AM

guys may kilala ba kayo who's good in honda cars??? ung bng forte nila honda lang na mgaling at hindi ka lolokohin??? thanks

#15 grovel

grovel

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:computers

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

may alam ba kayong maayos na pagawaan sa may tondo?

#16 nino1481

nino1481

Ang tirador!!

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

try m si technicar sa may banawe. malapit sila sa sogo. don ako nagpapaayos ng honda city at mistubishi lancer ko

#17 mr.genteel

mr.genteel

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:32 AM

thanks guys sa masigasig ninyong pagtangkilik sa forum kong ito!!!

#18 yhance

yhance

arrive in style

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2055 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 11:14 PM

guys may kilala ba kayo who's good in honda cars??? ung bng forte nila honda lang na mgaling at hindi ka lolokohin??? thanks

In Evangelista..go to mayoparts..look for mayo or jonathan..btw jonathan is good in electricals..especially in hondas

In Laguna go to Godspeed and look for Raul the owner of the shop...Raul btw is a former at Honda Cars Philippines in Sta. Rosa, Laguna.

#19 noisy

noisy

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:26 PM

kung honda oto mo, no one beats H3 autoworks in antipolo.
they have a 9 sec car i think

#20 mr.genteel

mr.genteel

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:20 PM

h3 yan yung kay bong hilario diba??? bro ok ba dyan hindi naman nanunuba ng parts... pero in fairness to him marami na talaga akong naririnig na good things about his works...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users