All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

wish list ko ngayon sa shoes eh TMAC 4 :P

no longer fan of nike kasi 2X na akong nabubusan ng sole kaka badtrip

ok lang kung nasa US kas kasi pag nabutas papalitan nila dito pag nabutas sorry ka nalang :D

saka pansin ko lang karamihan sa nike shoes ngayon eh pang maliliit or makitid yung paa na parang sexy.. di bagay sa paa ko kasi medyo malapad :D kaya eto ako ngayon puro adidas na shoes :P

Hehe, personally I think the Lebron's, the Carmelo's and the Huaraches look lke throw backs, which I guess is the "in" thing these days.

I'm pretty much content with the Nike Shox Status shoes I've got.

If you want original Nike's, you can probably check out the outlet store in Tagaytay (parang ang layo no), or if you want something nearer, there used to be this shop along Shaw, maybe les than a kilometer from the MRT station.  They'd have huge discounts during weekends.  I'm just not sure if they're still open.

B)

Ang layo naman ng Tagaytay? Mga ilang percent discount dyan? Napuntahan ko yung sa Shaw pero ubos na lahat Nike's nila.

Bibili sana ako ng T-mac 4 ngayong Pasko regalo sa sarili ko kaso ng nakita ko yung katropa ko nung nagbasketball kami, walanghiya sumakit yung daliri niya sa kapipihit ng knob dun sa may lever sa likuran para sikipan yung sapatos. Pagkatapos naman ng laro, mga 5 minutes niyang pinihit yun para luwagan. Ang toxic!

Sa quality. Yung fake gumagamit ni imitation leather & yung laser prints & logos ay di pulido yung pagkagawa & if you try them on, di maganda yung fit. Di rin malinis yung stitches tsaka yung carbon fiber spring plate sa sole ay pinalitan ng plastic.

Siguro naman yun mga nabibili sa dept stores o kaya sa Nike Park or Toby's eh original.. di ko na kailangang i-check.. ganun nga ba yun?

Siguro naman yun mga nabibili sa dept stores o kaya sa Nike Park or Toby's eh original.. di ko na kailangang i-check.. ganun nga ba yun?

Legit yung mga binibenta sa SM, Robinson's, Toby's, Nike Park, Nike Stadium, Olympic Village, Planet Sports, Athlete's Foot, My Shoe Rack, Shoe Saloon, Royal Olympic Trading House & Sports Plus. Yung mga tindahang yan ay may pangalang pinoprotektahan kaya di sila magbebenta ng fake shoes.

Yung mga fakes ay usually makikita sa mga tiangge, Cartimar, & Cash & Carry.

Dr. love, glad to see that there also other guys like you posying something we all love shoes. Antway I saw your post inwhich you mentioned that you applied Armor all on the midsol to prevent it from craking up. Is this really effective? I already have a couple of my shoes like that, specially my favorite Air jordan 3, which I use to play in way back when I was still in college. Now my re issue Air jordan V retro plus is also having the same problem. Would love to know if your thing work. Thanks.

Dr. love, glad to see that there also other guys like you posying something we all love shoes. Antway I saw your post inwhich you mentioned that you applied Armor all on the midsol to prevent it from craking up. Is this really effective? I already have a couple of my shoes like that, specially my favorite Air jordan 3, which I use to play in way back when I was still in college. Now my re issue Air jordan V retro plus is also having the same problem. Would love to know if your thing work. Thanks.

It works for me. My Jordan 11 Retro & my Adidas Promodel 2G has been w/ me for a long time already & they still stood up to oncourt abuse. I apply Armor All whenever I clean the soles w/c is usually once every 2 months. Some of my earliers shoes midsoles start to break-up in 2 years time & by 3 years, they end up as trash since the soles turn to powder. If you're Jordan V Retro is already breaking up, there's not much you can do since the insides of the soles might already be degrading. Applying Armor-All will only delay the process. I advise that you apply Armor-All first on your shoes that are still OK. The reason why soles turn to powder is they lose their moisture & they dry up. Armor-All keeps the moisture in.

Air Jordan 13 Retro. Eto yung gusto kung kulay kaso P6,995.00 yung price. Ang mahal & shoeheads would prefer buying the LeBron 2 than this shoe. So malamang pag-sale ng mga Nike Outlets by July ay marami pang matitira nito & if my size is still availabe, I'll definitely buy this to add to my Jordan Collection.

post-21285-1103936923.jpg

Thanks for the feed back. Will try an apply armor all on my other shoes from now on. By the way, I saw the AL IV retro issue at the nike dopot at shaw blvd a few months ago, it was on sale at 20 % off, unfortunately there was only one pair left and it was a size 13, way too big for me. My latesat collection though is a white with crome accent adidas super star ultra. Cant believe I manage to find one at a discount store at 40% less. All the other shops said that it was sold out when it came out. Mostly bought up by the college or commercial teams for their players. It still cost me 4000 pesos ( SRP was something like 6950) Dont know if I can post the picturt here.

Type ko rin yun colorway na to ng AJ IV. Sana umabot din to sa sale ng Nike. Di rin to masyadong mabenta. Filipinos are not into re-issues that much like the Americans.

post-45917-1104050182.jpg

Well I found that pair at adidas depot tutuban shopping center. Its at the 2nd floor of centermall 2, sorry to inform you that there is no black available, actualy it was sheer luck that I found that pair when it was shipped by mistake to the depot. They displayed it but wasnt on sale. I even had to ask the guy who was an attendant at the store to inform me if ever that particular pair was going to be on sale. He said that it was going to be shipped back to adidas main branch. After a few months I went back and saw a smaller pair , I think it was 8 1/2, the guy who I spoke to before wasnt around anymore , so I just tried my luck and ask the new guy if they had any pair that was bigger. Lo and behold he handed me the same pair that I saw a few months ago and better yet it was on sale at 40% off. Didnt had any second thoughts and whip out my credit card...haha. Talk about luck because I even tried and ask my brother who has a friend working at adidas to get me a pair, the new batch came but it wasnt the color that I like. I only wore it once and I dont think I will be wearing it in the near future..hope to keep it till I think the day is right. Well tell you what , if I do find another pair I'll let you know ok.

Oh heres another pair that I really love, its an Air Pippen IV

I'm still keeping some of my shoe pairs on ice. I'll also wear them when the time is right. My And1 KG2, Adidas T-mac 2, & Air Jordan 1 are on storage. Maybe I'll wear them about 5 years from now & when shoeheads see them, they'll look at them w/ admiration.

Edited by Dr.Love
Well I found that pair at adidas depot tutuban shopping center. Its at the 2nd floor of centermall 2, sorry to inform you that there is no black available, actualy it was sheer luck that I found that pair when it was shipped by mistake to the depot. They displayed it but wasnt on sale. I even had to ask the guy who was an attendant at the store to inform me if ever that particular pair was going to be on sale. He said that it was going to be shipped back to adidas main branch. After a few months I went back and saw a smaller pair , I think it was 8 1/2, the guy who I spoke to before wasnt around anymore , so I just tried my luck and ask the new guy if they had any pair that was bigger. Lo and behold he handed me the same pair that I saw a few months ago and better yet it was on sale at 40% off. Didnt had any second thoughts and whip out my credit card...haha.  Talk about luck because I even tried and ask my brother who has a friend working at adidas to get me a pair, the new batch came but it wasnt the color that I like. I only wore it once and I dont think I will be wearing it in the near future..hope to keep it till I think the day is right. Well tell you what , if I do find another pair I'll let you know ok.

Oh heres another pair that I really love, its an Air Pippen IV

I've been to that place when I went to Tutuban before Christmas. I've visited that Adidas Store & the Nike Park Outlet store. I saw the black Adidas T-mac 2 Low on display (50% off) there w/c is a size 15 & I asked the guy if there's a size 12. Unfortunately, that's the only pair left. When I went to Nike Park, I saw the Air Zoom Generation (30% off) & I asked if there was a size 12, unfortunately there's none available. I then went to The Athlete's Foot beside Adidas & I saw the Nike Dunk w/c I wanted to buy these past few months but my size was not available in other outlets. I asked if there was a size 12 & guess what, there is one available & I immediately bought it at 40% off. I'm still on the hunt for the T-mac 2 Low (Black-Grey) & Air Zoom Generation (Black-White-Red) & I hope I'll find a size 12 before they're gone. If not, then I'll wait for those AJ IV's & XIII's. Nakaka-addict mangulekta ng sapatos lalo na yung signature models.

Guest xbox_boy

Malalaman mo naman kung fake kung sinuot mo ung sapatos after a few days of wearing it minsan magsusugat ung paa mo. Bumili kasi ako dati ng fake na nike sandals ayon one week nagsusugat ung paa ko. Yon lang di maganda sa fake. Kung pang porma lang sya pede yan. Pero kung panlalaro mo at naglalaro ka naman sa wooden court di original na bilhin mo. Why take chances buying fake ones if you're gonna use those shoes for playing.