Thanks for the tip! I was looking for a full-bodied Chardonnay with hints of oak preferably from California. I wanted to get the best value from P1,000 especially since California wines are so expensive.

sorry for the late reply but I remembered it just now. The chardonnay we had with agxo the last time we saw each other is definitely worth a second try. It's Caliterra, but it's Chilean, so I don't know if you would consider it. It's about P500 - P600, not bad really.

Bods, sorry we missed you and Masi. But - there's always next time!!!

New York state wines have been gettin gbetter over time. i rmember my first trip to the finger lakes many, many years ago. Nice scenery, great company (I met upwith some friends who lived there), but the wines were terrible! Since then I have tasted a few that seem to be improving, and I know that Long Island wines are pretty well ragedrd, at least on the east coast. On the west coast, of course, we're chauvinistic about our Napa/Sonoma/Livermore/Lodi/Paso Robles/Santa Barbara/Monterey/Mendocino/Temecula/Gold Country/Santa Cruz wines.

Are there interstate restrictions about wine? I mean could you get NY wines there in California?

Parang I read something about this before....

cheers, pare!

For the connoisseurs

from the label

Purple Death

An unusual "Rough-as-Guts" aperitif that has the

distinctive bouquet of horse-sh?t and old tram

tickets. It is best drunk with the teeth clenched to

prevent the ingestion of any foreign bodies.

Connoisseurs will savour the slight tannin taste of

old tea leaves and burnt cat fur. Possessors of a

cultivated palate will admire the initial assault on

the taste buds which comes from the careful and

loving blending of animal manure and perished

jock straps strained through an old miners' sock.

The maturing in small pigs' bladders gives it a very

definite nose

Marketed under the Saviour Brand (9 out of 10

people who drink it for the first time exclaim

"Je-e-esus Chri-ist").

At least its honest

Are there interstate restrictions about wine? I mean could you get NY wines there in California?

Parang I read something about this before....

cheers, pare!

as far as i know, it was only this year that the courts upheld the decision in favor of owners of winery and vineyards to sell their products beyond the interstate line....i couldn't remember it was only for the east coast...not sure yet kung pwede ipadala sa west coast...but if you gonna look at the website of the wineries..they ship cases

E-COMMERCE REPORT; For New York Wineries and Consumers, the Floodgates Are Opening

July 25, 2005, Monday

By BOB TEDESCHI (NYT); Business/Financial Desk

Late Edition - Final, Section C, Page 6, Column 1, 1082 words

DISPLAYING ABSTRACT - Millions more consumers are expected to go online to buy wine as result of new law in New York that allows out-of-state wineries to ship directly to state's consumers and also permits state's wineries to ship to consumers in 28 other states where such shipments are legal; biggest beneficiaries of new law will likely be Internet companies that help wineries sell directly to consumers

Abstract taken from new york times last year

as far as i know, it was only this year that the courts upheld the decision in favor of owners of winery and vineyards to sell their products beyond the interstate line....i couldn't remember it was only for the east coast...not sure yet kung pwede ipadala sa west coast...but if you gonna look at the website of the wineries..they ship cases

it's always been legal to ship wines into california. we were one fo th first states to open up wine shipping to consumers. for a while it depended on whether there was a reciprocal agreement between the stats but that lifted a few years back. we've been out of the dark ages for ages now, and slowly the rest of the country (most notably the east coast states) are finally beginning to see the light.

Some years ago, my daughter celebrated her 21st bday in Boston. So we went there to celebrate with her and I brough two bottles of really good wine to drink at dinner - a Bordeaux (1975 Calon-Segur) and a great Californian (1985 Buena Vista cab sauv). I took them out at the restaurant and put them on the table. The maitre d' rushed over and asked me to "Pleae, put them away!!! That's illegal to do here in Massachusetts!!!" Welcome to the East Coast! AT least they had some good wine at that place, but nothing like the wines I had brought. Daughter now lives in civilized LA. I hear civilization has finally arrived in Boston and you can now bring your own wines to dinner.

I had Barossa Valley Estate 2002 Spires Chardonnay. Still drinking well, the aroma is amazingly powerful (for its cheap price) with a buttery texture. The list price of this is P800 but since the 2003 is out, Wine Depot is selling this at a 50% discount. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

http://www.winedepot.com.ph/

Sino pupunta Grand Wine Experience in New World bukas?

Any FRs on the Grand Wine Experience? Sayang I wasn't able to attend...

I am new in wine drinking, just drank a bottle of malbec, which is a little strong for me... can you guys suggest what type of wine is good for a beginner.. thanks

Try some nice and easy German/Australian Riesling or New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc or Calif Pinot Noir or Spanish Rioja.

I had Barossa Valley Estate 2002 Spires Chardonnay. Still drinking well, the aroma is amazingly powerful (for its cheap price) with a buttery texture. The list price of this is P800 but since the 2003 is out, Wine Depot is selling this at a 50% discount. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

http://www.winedepot.com.ph/

Any FRs on the Grand Wine Experience? Sayang I wasn't able to attend...

Magandang balita yan - makapunta nga sa Wine Depot :D

It's a surprise that a Barossa chardonnay would taste that good - Barossa being known for bruising reds.

Hello fellow winos!

I miss the thread. I am so busy preparing for a 1-day show at the NBC Tent in Boni Global City on Friday.

I hope you guys can find the time to have a pre-Christmas wine EB.

pards parang ang tagal na ah - as I remember, it was also right before Christmas when we had a get-together - Cyrano's, then Heat, then Churchill's :D

Congrats on that one-man show! oooops, ngayon na pala yan!

I am new in wine drinking, just drank a bottle of malbec, which is a little strong for me... can you guys suggest what type of wine is good for a beginner.. thanks

Malbecs are quite tannic by nature, so maybe that was what you found too strong. You might begin with some merlot which has a more rounded flavor. Some merlots veer towards thinness so maybe you can try a cabernet-merlot blend which we can safely say is balanced.

Try some nice and easy German/Australian Riesling or New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc or Calif Pinot Noir or Spanish Rioja.

For Aussie rieslings, look for wines that come from the Clare Valley or Eden Valley, Clare Valley preferably. You'll never go wrong with this. Some sauvignon blanc from the Hunter Valley (Australia) would also be right up there, as NZ wines are not yet that widely-available here. Oregon pinots too - malabo kang makakita dito so look for some California pinots. These are all good wines, however you should be ready to spend from P600 to P1000 as the cheaper wines are quite risky and unpredictable....

pards parang ang tagal na ah - as I remember, it was also right before Christmas when we had a get-together - Cyrano's, then Heat, then Churchill's :D

Congrats on that one-man show! oooops, ngayon na pala yan!

Hindi 1-man show pareng Bods kundi 1-night show with other artists.

Ang bilis ng panahon, ano? O kelan tayo magkita-kita?

Uhaw na ako sa masarap na wine. Kadalasan ay hindi masarap ang mga wines sa art exhibits.

What can you say about Kangaroo tail?

Hindi 1-man show pareng Bods kundi 1-night show with other artists.

Ang bilis ng panahon, ano? O kelan tayo magkita-kita?

Uhaw na ako sa masarap na wine. Kadalasan ay hindi masarap ang mga wines sa art exhibits.

What can you say about Kangaroo tail?

yeah, tempus fugit pare :D

Baka pards Yellow Tail yan or Kangaroo Ridge?

Kumusta yung exhibit? I hope it went well and you sold some pieces.....

Yes I think the time is ripe for a get together.............

yeah, tempus fugit pare :D

Baka pards Yellow Tail yan or Kangaroo Ridge?

Kumusta yung exhibit? I hope it went well and you sold some pieces.....

Yes I think the time is ripe for a get together.............

It's a non-selling show. Masaya naman kaya lang konting tao. Mahina yung organizer. :(

Maraming food at masarap :thumbsupsmiley: , wala nga lang wine. :thumbsdownsmiley: :D

Magaganda yung mga artworks pati dance presentation kaya sayang, kulang sa audience. Late na nag-invite kaya konting dumating. Hindi nga kami sinabihang mag-invite. If ganun lang pala sana nainvite ko kayo tapos nagdala tayo ng wine. :P

Siguro yellow tail kasi may kangaroo logo tapos parang may yellow color sa buntot. Mejo on the sweet side.

It's a non-selling show. Masaya naman kaya lang konting tao. Mahina yung organizer. :(

Maraming food at masarap :thumbsupsmiley: , wala nga lang wine. :thumbsdownsmiley: :D

Magaganda yung mga artworks pati dance presentation kaya sayang, kulang sa audience. Late na nag-invite kaya konting dumating. Hindi nga kami sinabihang mag-invite. If ganun lang pala sana nainvite ko kayo tapos nagdala tayo ng wine. :P

Siguro yellow tail kasi may kangaroo logo tapos parang may yellow color sa buntot. Mejo on the sweet side.

yes that could be Yellow Tail - very drinkable yan, easy-going style. You'll never go wrong with this as an everyday-drinking wine. The other one which is Kangaroo Ridge is also of the same style - nothing complicated. A drink-now wine that gives good value for your money. If you remember this is the wine, as stated in the label, whose vineyard is closely-guarded by kangaroos - hence the name :D

Saw a Green Point Shiraz Victoria at the supermarket today. Available pala ito dito. I still have to check if this is the same wine I read in Wine Spectator that got a rating of 93! At a price of about $18 - good value ito although if you convert to pesos, it sells at the supermarket at P1040 :blink: Medyo hindi ako makadukot ng pera kanina - biglang lumalim yung bulsa ko kaya di ko nabili :D Next time na lang...

Another is that Butterfly Ridge now comes in screw tops - this could account for its reduced price now of P230. Dati P290 na ito.

So pure exhibit lang pala yung show - at least people got to know you and your works. :)

Saw a Green Point Shiraz Victoria at the supermarket today. Available pala ito dito. I still have to check if this is the same wine I read in Wine Spectator that got a rating of 93! At a price of about $18 - good value ito although if you convert to pesos, it sells at the supermarket at P1040 :blink: Medyo hindi ako makadukot ng pera kanina - biglang lumalim yung bulsa ko kaya di ko nabili :D Next time na lang...

bods1000, saang supermarket mo siya nakita? I don't know about the shiraz but the cab-shiraz is rated at 88 by Wine Spectator. Not bad at all!

http://www.winespectator.com/Wine/Daily_Wi...42,3584,00.html