agxo and storm:

Pambihira! Dito nga sa Maynila di tayo magkita, sa US pa tayo mag-eEB!

But stranger things have happened. Who knows? Sa Europe kaya, pare? Lol! When's your next vacation there, and where? hehe

Baka 'di next next year. March punta kami ng Orlando for a high school reunion - cruise to Bahamas. If I can get time, we want to go back to Barcelona/Madrid and explore Spain more but that won't be until the summer.

Dito na lang. I have way too much wine and not enough drinking buddies. I'll take you for the most civilized wine tasting at Rubicon Estates (now called Inglenook - back to the original name form way back when).

Baka 'di next next year. March punta kami ng Orlando for a high school reunion - cruise to Bahamas. If I can get time, we want to go back to Barcelona/Madrid and explore Spain more but that won't be until the summer.

Dito na lang. I have way too much wine and not enough drinking buddies. I'll take you for the most civilized wine tasting at Rubicon Estates (now called Inglenook - back to the original name form way back when).

Revisiting Barcelona is a must for me and the family, but that would not be until 2014 at the earliest. It's one of those places that you just have see once again. Once there, I would like to explore the Basque region - Bilbao, San Sebastian and Pamplona. San Sebastian for culinary heaven, Bilbao for the Guggenheim Museum (?), and Pamplona for the running of the bulls haha.

Pare nasa bucket list ko ang San Francisco so one day, maybe sooner, we will get to meet in your place over a bottle of Rubicon.

Revisiting Barcelona is a must for me and the family, but that would not be until 2014 at the earliest. It's one of those places that you just have see once again. Once there, I would like to explore the Basque region - Bilbao, San Sebastian and Pamplona. San Sebastian for culinary heaven, Bilbao for the Guggenheim Museum (?), and Pamplona for the running of the bulls haha.

Pare nasa bucket list ko ang San Francisco so one day, maybe sooner, we will get to meet in your place over a bottle of Rubicon.

I'd really like to explore Spain's wineries next time we go. I found several that have inns/hotels attached to them, so that might make a good tour. And I really want to go back to both Barcelona and Madrid for the food.

In the mean time, if SF is on your bucket list then by all means come on over! The area is great, not just for wines, but for the food scene and the natural scenery as well! I can think of nothing better than sitting around a campfire in Yosemite enjoying a good bottle and a hot off the fire steak, with Half Dome looming over you and El Capitan over your shoulder.

I'd really like to explore Spain's wineries next time we go. I found several that have inns/hotels attached to them, so that might make a good tour. And I really want to go back to both Barcelona and Madrid for the food.

In the mean time, if SF is on your bucket list then by all means come on over! The area is great, not just for wines, but for the food scene and the natural scenery as well! I can think of nothing better than sitting around a campfire in Yosemite enjoying a good bottle and a hot off the fire steak, with Half Dome looming over you and El Capitan over your shoulder.

Sarap!

Pare I would like to make a tour of the city, see the Fisherman's Wharf, see the haunts of the Grateful Dead on Haight-Ashbury, see Filbert St where Steve McQueen chased the baddies in BULLITT, see Mission San Juan where Hitchcock filmed his final scene in VERTIGO, to Bodega Bay where THE BIRDS was shot...pare SF is film heaven. That's where they shot DOCTOR DOOLITTLE, MRS. DOUBTFIRE, BASIC INSTINCT, PRETTY WOMAN, THE TOWERING INFERNO, SUPERMAN, DIRTY HARRY, THE GRADUATE.

I think Europe would take a back seat to San Francisco, thinking this way hehe..

Sarap!

Pare I would like to make a tour of the city, see the Fisherman's Wharf, see the haunts of the Grateful Dead on Haight-Ashbury, see Filbert St where Steve McQueen chased the baddies in BULLITT, see Mission San Juan where Hitchcock filmed his final scene in VERTIGO, to Bodega Bay where THE BIRDS was shot...pare SF is film heaven. That's where they shot DOCTOR DOOLITTLE, MRS. DOUBTFIRE, BASIC INSTINCT, PRETTY WOMAN, THE TOWERING INFERNO, SUPERMAN, DIRTY HARRY, THE GRADUATE.

I think Europe would take a back seat to San Francisco, thinking this way hehe..

The restaurant scene in Mrs. Doubtfire was shot at Bridges in Danville. Still there, it's a very nice restaurant. Been many years since I last had a meal there - maybe it's time to return!

Basic Instinct was shot in the city and in Marin, the Towering Inferno was the Hyatt Embarcadero, Dirty Harry was all over the city but a lot on the docks and in the SoMA and Mission districts. Don't forget Play Misty for Me which was shot in Carmel and Monterey.

There was a film premiere the other night in Oakland - Moneyball (??) the story of Billy Beane who became manager (what they call the head coach in baseball) of the Oakland A's baseball team.

• 2 weeks later...

The restaurant scene in Mrs. Doubtfire was shot at Bridges in Danville. Still there, it's a very nice restaurant. Been many years since I last had a meal there - maybe it's time to return!

Basic Instinct was shot in the city and in Marin, the Towering Inferno was the Hyatt Embarcadero, Dirty Harry was all over the city but a lot on the docks and in the SoMA and Mission districts. Don't forget Play Misty for Me which was shot in Carmel and Monterey.

There was a film premiere the other night in Oakland - Moneyball (??) the story of Billy Beane who became manager (what they call the head coach in baseball) of the Oakland A's baseball team.

Yes I forgot PLAY MISTY FOR ME. I have a dvd of that which I haven't seen yet. It's just there, hahaha, waiting in my shoebox where all these other films are - the Antonionis, the Fellinis, the Godards.

No time really to have what they call a dvd marathon.

PLAY MISTY is the first directorial job of

Clint Eastwood, and yes it's set in Carmel, where some years in the future a certain Clint bacame it's mayor.

Heck where's the wine here? Ok when I get there, let's have some wine at Bridges.

Who plays Billy Beane, pare? And I wonder why they would make a picture about him? Why not Billy Martin, or Sparky Anderson? Those were more colorful baseball managers.

Cheers, pre!

Yes I forgot PLAY MISTY FOR ME. I have a dvd of that which I haven't seen yet. It's just there, hahaha, waiting in my shoebox where all these other films are - the Antonionis, the Fellinis, the Godards.

No time really to have what they call a dvd marathon.

PLAY MISTY is the first directorial job of

Clint Eastwood, and yes it's set in Carmel, where some years in the future a certain Clint bacame it's mayor.

Heck where's the wine here? Ok when I get there, let's have some wine at Bridges.

Who plays Billy Beane, pare? And I wonder why they would make a picture about him? Why not Billy Martin, or Sparky Anderson? Those were more colorful baseball managers.

Cheers, pre!

Yeah, I would have been more interested in Billy Martin. Brad Pitt plays Billy Beane.

Lessee - wine at Bridges, tasting at Rubicon, a tour of Livermore, burnt meat and wine in my back yard, explore Sonoma or Paso Robles......I hope you have more than one weekend!

Yeah, I would have been more interested in Billy Martin. Brad Pitt plays Billy Beane.

Lessee - wine at Bridges, tasting at Rubicon, a tour of Livermore, burnt meat and wine in my back yard, explore Sonoma or Paso Robles......I hope you have more than one weekend!

I'll stay a week if it's okay with you haha.

Brad Pitt playing Billy Beane raises the stakes! I saw a trailer of Moneyball and it looks interesting. Will watch out for it. I was an Oakland A's fan back in the days when they were winning the World Series, with guys like Reggie Kackson, Gene Tenace, Jim the Catfish Hunter, rollie Fingers. Wow those were the days...

Now before we incur the ire of the mods here for being so off-topic hahaha, pare what sort of champagne do they shower themselves with in those clubhouse victory celebrations? Would they still be the expensive ones?

• 2 weeks later...

I'll stay a week if it's okay with you haha.

Brad Pitt playing Billy Beane raises the stakes! I saw a trailer of Moneyball and it looks interesting. Will watch out for it. I was an Oakland A's fan back in the days when they were winning the World Series, with guys like Reggie Kackson, Gene Tenace, Jim the Catfish Hunter, rollie Fingers. Wow those were the days...

Now before we incur the ire of the mods here for being so off-topic hahaha, pare what sort of champagne do they shower themselves with in those clubhouse victory celebrations? Would they still be the expensive ones?

I'd say it depends on the club. From the clips they show when there's something to celebrate, it looks like anything from Cook's or Andre to Krug. Not Dom Perignon or Veuve Cliqout.

Stay a couple of weekends. We'll have fun!

I'd say it depends on the club. From the clips they show when there's something to celebrate, it looks like anything from Cook's or Andre to Krug. Not Dom Perignon or Veuve Cliqout.

Stay a couple of weekends. We'll have fun!

Sure will! Thanks.

Looks like I'm getting successful into turning my drinking buddies here to wine. Seems like they've had their fill of beer, finally hehe...now I'm hearing phrases of appreciation when we drink wine. Not the expensive kind, mind you, just good and affordable wines. Last night, had 5 bottles of a tempranillo at Barcino's, with chorizo picantes and manchego and pulpo and jamon serrano on the side. Heaven! The other night 3 bottles of Lindemans with sushi and ika. Great! Not you usual food/wine tandems, but who's complaining haha.

Cheers, pre!

Minsan text mo naman ako. Ayokong uminom mag-isa. Hehehehe. Do you still need the phono preamp?

Wow I forgot that phonostage. Yes, pre, if you will be so kind to lend it to me hehe.

I thought you were busy. Yes, pare, text me when you're free and we'll try to mesh our schedules. Spanish naman tayo hehe

Sure will! Thanks.

Looks like I'm getting successful into turning my drinking buddies here to wine. Seems like they've had their fill of beer, finally hehe...now I'm hearing phrases of appreciation when we drink wine. Not the expensive kind, mind you, just good and affordable wines. Last night, had 5 bottles of a tempranillo at Barcino's, with chorizo picantes and manchego and pulpo and jamon serrano on the side. Heaven! The other night 3 bottles of Lindemans with sushi and ika. Great! Not you usual food/wine tandems, but who's complaining haha.

Cheers, pre!

I like your tapas and tempranillo combo! Reminds me of tapas bar hopping in Barcelona and Madrid - a pincho of jamon Iberico and a copa of tempranillo, then on to the next bar and the next dish! Stunningly fresh seafood in olive oil and another copa.

But which Lindemann's with ika and sushi? Surely not a shiraz or cab! Wouldn't that be a bit heavy? I can see sushi with a cab franc or a pinot noir, though! I have discovered that there are some whites I enjoy - a good vinho verde from Portugal or verdejo from Spain, for example. Those would be great with sushi! The slight effervescence and tang of a good vinho verde would lift the fresh, clean taste of good ika to new heights. Hmmmm....there's an idea for dinner tonight!

Sure will! Thanks.

Cheers, pre!

Very strong influence my friend!!!! You finally got them to switch!

Edited by masi

I like your tapas and tempranillo combo! Reminds me of tapas bar hopping in Barcelona and Madrid - a pincho of jamon Iberico and a copa of tempranillo, then on to the next bar and the next dish! Stunningly fresh seafood in olive oil and another copa.

But which Lindemann's with ika and sushi? Surely not a shiraz or cab! Wouldn't that be a bit heavy? I can see sushi with a cab franc or a pinot noir, though! I have discovered that there are some whites I enjoy - a good vinho verde from Portugal or verdejo from Spain, for example. Those would be great with sushi! The slight effervescence and tang of a good vinho verde would lift the fresh, clean taste of good ika to new heights. Hmmmm....there's an idea for dinner tonight!

Unfortunately it was a Lindemans Shiraz Cab. Fortunately it went down well with those curious foods. Actually we also had some meat. The sushi and ika came much later, when we were winding down haha.

Now that's an idea! Next time I would try to find a verdelho here and pair it with those foods. Another opportunity to bring my friends closer to the magic of wine. So how did that dinner go?

Drinking wine with tapas somehow spares me some guilt in not going through the bar routine when we were in Barca. Next time, next time. Hehe.

Very strong influence my friend!!!! You finally got them to switch!

Actually it was the very strong influence of their doctors hahaha...just one or two visits to their physicians did the trick, while I have been relentlessly trying to convince them for ten years!

I should have been a doctor.

Unfortunately it was a Lindemans Shiraz Cab. Fortunately it went down well with those curious foods. Actually we also had some meat. The sushi and ika came much later, when we were winding down haha.

Now that's an idea! Next time I would try to find a verdelho here and pair it with those foods. Another opportunity to bring my friends closer to the magic of wine. So how did that dinner go?

I haven't done that dinner yet! But I will - soon.....I did have a really nice dinner tonight - USDA prime rib eye steak with a really, really nice 2005 Retzlaff cab. Roasted broccoli, sauteed onions, crisped polenta with parmigianno reggiano crumbed over it. And for dessert, chocolate ice cream, whipped cream and a strawberry sauce I just made with fresh strawberries. Now I have to go back to dieting tomorrow!

Birthday greetings to an MIA sister here. We miss you, mama Lips.

Cheers!

Happy birthday, Lips!!!

I haven't done that dinner yet! But I will - soon.....I did have a really nice dinner tonight - USDA prime rib eye steak with a really, really nice 2005 Retzlaff cab. Roasted broccoli, sauteed onions, crisped polenta with parmigianno reggiano crumbed over it. And for dessert, chocolate ice cream, whipped cream and a strawberry sauce I just made with fresh strawberries. Now I have to go back to dieting tomorrow!

Happy birthday, Lips!!!

I must tell you that I'm a vegetable fancier so I drooled over your listing of those greens and those onions hehe. And I'm such a sucker for cheese. Another confession. I don't have a sweet tooth haha. Meat's okay with me as long as there's wine to wash it down with. But viewed in it's entirety, that dinner of

yours plus the Retzlaff is a total winner!