Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.  Don't make me weep Bods!!!! :P  But seriously, thank you. :)  That was really very kind and wonderful of you to say. Blush ako sandali hah?  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

:D

I shall blow some pixie dust your way Bods, and wish you a whole lotta magic.  I love that word ... magic.  :cool:  And hopefully the coffee will taste as flavorful as it used to .... but teka, ever considered changing the kind of sugar perhaps?  Maybe some honey or sugar cubes? :D  Or maybe equal? :lol:  But seriously, s special wish for you today .... a wish of magic.  :)

And just to be repetitive like MojoJojo in the PowerPuffGirls, I missed this thread today as I was stuck in a meeting the entire day and I also do feel something amiss when I do not get to visit this thread daily.  :wub:  Which is what will happen next week for me as I have to be in Bangkok for business the entire week!  :(  But I will most definitely try and drop in early morning or late night after the day of work is done.

Tsirs din. hehe.

Meron landian thread sa MTC world!  Hahahahaha punta tayo doon! :boo:

that's cool - a landian thread. Looks inviting. But on second thought, I demur. I believe you should always be on your toes when you step into such a thread and breath flirtation every minute. I prefer what we have here in this thread - something that flows out naturally like a demure cabernet opening up its flavor ever so slowly - but flirting nevertheless :P

thanks for the pixie dust - I think I caught quite a handful because today something from the realm of magic flew my way and I can smell coffee brewing again :rolleyes: No change in sugar thank you. I am trying to recapture the old whimsy by using the same sweetener. :) and I think it's working....

Our thoughts will fly with you to Bangkok............

sayang, I believe it's Tabac night naman next week, right, masi? hehehe

God, the board's on the blink :blink:

sorry for the double posts...

para di masayang and post:

Wine fraud happens because 1) there is no reliable method to check what is in the bottle and 2) very expensive wines are bought by people who can't tell the difference between what's merely good and and truly great wine - those who buy it not for the taste but for the status symbol it carries.

Edited by bods1000

uh oh another doubly hehehe....

Let me post another:

In the early part of the century Gallo missappropriated the names of famous European wines and called their wines as Chablis or Chianti or Champagne :blink: You can't call your sparkling wine Champagne unless you did it according to rigorous standards in the Champagne region of France. Likewise with Chablis. Unless you did your Chablis with chardonnay grapes grown in the Bourgogne near the town of Chablis, you can't call your plonk Chablis...

Edited by bods1000

whew! ang hirap mag-edit ng mga double posts ah :P

In 1993, Fred Franzia pleaded guilty to grape fraud - who in effect tried to pass off cheap or low-grade grapes as more expensive varietals. He did it by buying less expensive grapes like carignane or grenache from growers and creating field documentation which misrepresented the grapes as either zinfandel or cabernet sauvignon. The fake documents would then be given to the wineries that would purchase these grapes to make the wines in their behalf. Franzia made it almost impossible to trace the grapes from their true origins by making the payments for the purchased grapes to a nonexistent third party instead of the actual vineyards supplying the grapes.

Edited by bods1000

ok editing the last doubled post whew!

Be careful about buying those wines in boxes because most likely they are filled with a liquid which resembles wine Kool Aid than pure wine.

The reality is that most of these box wines have been adulterated with substantial quantities of added alcohol, water, citric acid, fruit juices and other flavors and chemicals. :blink: :sick:

Under a strict interpretation of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms rules, a box of this sort could contain as little as 38% wine.

Edited by bods1000
Is it the wine or are all of you suddenly turning into philosophers?  Ok thread na ito, may advice pa on life. 

Sige nga, fill in the blanks....

Life is like wine, __________________

Sa akin -....it only takes one lousy grape to wreck a perfect blend.

Your turn masi, lipstick and bods.

wow ha!

may fill-in-the-blanks ka pa :P

pero sige I'll think up of something - gotta crank up this cranium muna and oil it with some liquid drop hehe

Hello to all winos.

I've been a lurker of this thread for months now.  I also am fond of wines and collect them. Haven't tasted the varietal that suites me best or maybe the ones that I've tasted were on the category of the "not so good". Tried Cab Sauv, Merlot and just recently Pinot Noir but didn't like what I tasted. Also tasted Chards and Semillon.  Maybe I am not the wine type. :-)

Just bought 2 bottles of Prahova Pinot Noir 2001. Is it any good? Saw plenty of it in a supermarket rack last week and hesitated in buying but when I got back last night and found only 2 bottles left, I bought them both!

Anyway, will try it tonight to find out if it is any good.

lurking for months! :blink:

well what made you go out of the closet?

welcome pare!

well, rejecting a varietal on the basis of drinking just one label or brand might mislead you. There are a lot of good cabs or pinots or chards or semillons - maybe you just haven't lucked out on the good ones. My advice is that you try to spend some time pouring over wine literature to get some ideas of the better labels to guide you in your buying decisions.

Prahova I believe is a Romanian wine - good luck just the same...

But of course I have such good teachers like you and Bods! :boo:

uhmmm, not good, but able perhaps.

Like a good, serviceable everyday wine, we try to give you company no matter how humble we are. We may not be as grand as a Grand Cru or as great as a '97 California Cab, but we are always here on the shelf trying to attract your attention to take us everyday. When the day ends and you are alone with your thoughts, us humble wines are here to give you great company......

now when is the awards' night :lol:

Haha Welcome TatangNamo ... Señor Masi beat me to it but warmest welcome just the same.  I'm the oic unofficial muse of this thread until they finally elect a woman truly deserving of the title :rolleyes:  So if you need any info pwera lang po details of Bods' and Masi's sexual life and whereabouts I would be more than glad to answer them for you in the best of my humble capacities  :D

Bods, another award for me! :lol:

hahahaha!

I think your awards are now crowding out the wines from your shelf.

Here, let me just take some of the wines, ok :P

Please, don't put sexual life and whereabouts in the same sentence as it somehow puts a malicious spin on an otherwise innocent statement :lol:

quite right, pare!

that said, I think I'm gonna splurge on that nice expensive Pinot Noir I've been eyeing hehehe....

aaahhhhh!!!!! pinot noir!!!! whether its single malt, a shiraz or a pinot... as long as it puts a smile in your face, and say this is the life... well, it's is worth it...

but knowing you bods, i have an idea that would put a smile on your face. :evil:

that's cool - a landian thread. Looks inviting. But on second thought, I demur. I believe you should always be on your toes when you step into such a thread and breath flirtation every minute. I prefer what we have here in this thread - something that flows out naturally like a demure cabernet opening up its flavor ever so slowly - but flirting nevertheless :P

thanks for the pixie dust - I think I caught quite a handful because today something from the realm of magic flew my way and I can smell coffee brewing again :rolleyes: No change in sugar thank you. I am trying to recapture the old whimsy by using the same sweetener. :) and I think it's working....

yup, next week will be big smoke night. well it could be thursday night, as well, will bring some and smoke it at the veranda. that would be a match.

happy landings in BKK, Lipstick. Make sure you update your personal photo after the trip, kasi para kang nakasakay sa bus o baka nalalaglag yung kisame... :upside:

aaahhhhh!!!!! pinot noir!!!!  whether its  single malt, a shiraz or a pinot... as long as it puts a smile in your face, and say this is the life... well, it's is worth it...

but knowing you bods, i have an idea that would put a smile on your face. :evil:

what I bought was some middle-of-the-road Australian pinot noir this evening - the others were quite beyond my current budget hehehe....

now a single-malt - that would be something hehe

yup, next week will be big smoke night.  well it could be thursday night, as well, will bring some and smoke it at the veranda.  that would be a match.

happy landings in BKK, Lipstick.  Make sure you update your personal photo after the trip, kasi para kang nakasakay sa bus o baka nalalaglag yung kisame... :upside:

that should be Tabac, I reckon.....

well, our Thursdays are then settled :P

looking forward to it, pare...

I agree, we musn't venture into that thread actually Bods, because that would be advertising. :P And if we did, then we would be deluged with a million and one posts to reply to and we would not have time to post in our little vino world here. :lol:

How lovely pixie dust can be! Am happy you caught a handful and I must've blown too much since the wind carried some of that back to me. I had a very enchanting evening last night. No coffee or wine though, just the dirtiest of Martinis. I could've sworn they put something very nasty in those Maritinis. :rolleyes: Perhaps Nicotina's own version of pixie dust. :lol:

hahahaha!

I think your awards are now crowding out the wines from your shelf.

Here, let me just take some of the wines, ok :P

Between you and me Bods, we could sell those awards to the Oscar's for the next 5 years and still not run out of trophys. :lol:

I kinda have a good idea too of what would put a smile on Bods' face. :rolleyes:

happy landings in BKK, Lipstick.  Make sure you update your personal photo after the trip, kasi para kang nakasakay sa bus o baka nalalaglag yung kisame... :upside:

Ha ha ha ha ha. Yes lotsa drunken stupor photos hopefully!!! And I will definitely have one taken with me standing on the sofa looking possessed with one hand on the ceiling to ensure I don't fall off while grooving.

Guys and Gal.  Thanks for the welcome. Hope to post here more often and share with you my wine experiences.

Welcome back Mr. Tatang Namo! We're all looking forward to hearing your happier stories about wine. :D

Guys and Gal.  Thanks for the welcome. Hope to post here more often and share with you my wine experiences.

so how was the Prahova, pare?

Eastern European wines are slowly coming of age, I should think so, but nothing would beat a a slow and meandering walk down the Old Town in Prague - which I dream of every so often........................

Edited by bods1000
I agree, we musn't venture into that thread actually Bods, because that would be advertising. :P  And if we did, then we would be deluged with a million and one posts to reply to and we would not have time to post in our little vino world here. :lol:

How lovely pixie dust can be!  Am happy you caught a handful and I must've blown too much since the wind carried some of that back to me.  I had a very enchanting evening last night.  No coffee or wine though, just the dirtiest of Martinis.  I could've sworn they put something very nasty in those Maritinis. :rolleyes:  Perhaps Nicotina's own version of pixie dust. :lol:

It would be false advertising on my part, but I delight in what the word deluge connotes :rolleyes: I go for whatever gushes...........

I kept some of the pixie dust and would flick back some to you - the luck I had yesterday would I think keep me in good stead for the next few days...........hehe that Nicotina sure is naughty to adulterate their pixie dust :P I hope your evening's enchantment would rub off on some of us.....

so how was the Prahova, pare?

Eastern European wines are slowly coming of age, I should think so, but nothing would beat a a slow and meandering walk down the Old Town of Prague - which I dream of every so often........................

i had my share of walks in old town europe... geneva, amsterdam, hamburg (including the red zone) ... i travelled alone so after some sight seeing, the sunday market and museums , i would just sit in a cafe drank a couple of glasses of wine and cap it with an espresso and let time pass. this is the typical weekend of business travel... much to see, eat and drink... some appreciation but hardly any absorption.

Between you and me Bods, we could sell those awards to the Oscar's for the next 5 years and still not run out of trophys. :lol:

I kinda have a good idea too of what would put a smile on Bods' face. :rolleyes:

we can even start our own award-giving body a la MTV Awards :P

We'd be handing out awards, to say, The Best Drunken Stupor, The Most Flirtatious Couple, The Most Malandi Post, The Clueless Award........... :P

hmmmm..........a Fear Factor show - something like drinking Indian, Chinese and Bulgarian wines in succession :sick: :blink:

Now that would put a smile on my face :lol:

we can even start our own award-giving body a la MTV Awards :P

We'd be handing out awards, to say, The Best Drunken Stupor, The Most Flirtatious Couple, The Most Malandi Post, The Clueless Award........... :P

hmmmm..........a Fear Factor show - something like drinking Indian, Chinese and Bulgarian wines in succession :sick:  :blink:

Now that would put a smile on my face :lol:

that's putting it to the extreme!!!! :boo: let's start with gato negro, carlo rossi and novellino. i was at shopwise, pasig and was amused to see novellino wines at a section near the candies instead of the wine and other liquour shelf. :thumbsupsmiley: whoever the supermarket manager is, he is doing his job well... you would be surprise to see a selection of grand cru there too.

that's putting it to the extreme!!!! :boo:  let's start with gato negro, carlo rossi and novellino.  i was at shopwise, pasig and was amused to see novellino wines at a section near the candies instead of the wine and other liquour shelf.  :thumbsupsmiley:  whoever the supermarket manager is, he is  doing his job well... you would be surprise to see a selection of  grand cru there too.

well, I guess everybody has to make a living - including selling these plonk :sick:

also when I see these Franzia in boxes , it makes me sick just looking at them :lol: