A great night, I should say....

Precisely apt to have your thoughts as company. With a glass in hand containing some chilled semillon, and Carole King playing on the that old dependable turntable. It's amazing. That Tapestry album - an LP record - has been around since 1971 - a good 34 years of spinning! Like good wine, it has stood up well - the music remarkably aging gracefully; the black vinyl still dutifully spinning its way to weave magic.

One more song about moving along the highway..

Can't say much of anything that's new...

If I could only work this life out my way...

I'd rather spend it being close to you...

But you're so far away..........

cheers, folks!

a flair for the dramatic?  :upside:

:lol: As they say if you dish it then you should be able to take it as well. I love giving awards so I guess I should be able to receive them too? :rolleyes:

you are really well informed about the pleasures of the world... hardly would i find a woman who venture into the unchartered domain of whisky and single malts...

as for the 36+ eb... i would prefer, though, that wine savvy have its own day.  we've gone this far... a guy thing, you know..

Pleasures of the world???? :boo: Hehe ok I know I know... pleasures limited to this thread anyway and pertaining to that wonderful elixir called alcohol. :lol:

I have my father and my late husband to thank for holding my hand while leading me to explore the many wonderful spirits. :D

ccl could have been quicker to the draw then, but you had a longer finish, as evidenced by your continued and distinguished presence here :rolleyes:

Thanks for complimenting us on the Thread - we do try to take care of it by being here everyday so it does not die out an unnatural cyber death and we try not to make the posts dry-as-dust by enlivening it if we can. :lol: >

Your husband is a kindred spirit - sayang we could have enjoyed each other's company. Not only is it like reading him when you read about us - it's like being trapped in a bad marriage with us when you are in this thread :blink:

I have lots of dry verdelho gathering dust in the house - maybe I should bring one. It's hard to resist saying luscious when you are in the same sentence hehehe.....walang basagan ng trip, as you say there in AA :P

Out of the gutter and into the muck for more nuggets! :lol:

What could be lurid about a nugget, I wonder? I think what's lurid is me dispensing nuggets of wisdom as that is so laughably improbable :P

cheers to a wonderful weekend!

Naks... may nalalaman tayong long finish dyan Bods! :lol:

I would not let this thread die a natural cyberdeath. Too many deaths recently for me. Am not ready for another one. :P

Haha My marriage was happy albeit short but like I told Clancy when he asked me how it felt to be married to him for the last 2months, "I have been married to you from the time I fell in love with you. It has been 5years not two months." So I reckon when I am stuck in this thread, it feels like I am in a wonderful marriage. :) And yes, he would've loved sharing a drop with you winos! And you boys would have so much fun talking about wine. Sayang talaga.

I will not basag your trip if you will not basag mine. Hahaha and that sounded soooooo kolehiyala. Yuckkkkkkk. :lol:

Have a wonderful sunday winos!!! *hic*

I like that word - bar wench! Fat and haggish :P It conjures up images of sitting on the barstool, having had one drink too many, and propositioning the bar wench sitting next to you - who also happens to be the bartender's mother or worse, mother-in-law :sick:

your presence in the WEB would complete a rhapsodic evening for us :rolleyes:

now where's my award :P

Hehe well I would be that bar wench alright! Fat and haggish is how I fondly describe myself. :lol: As to being propositioned ..... hahahaha no one has propositioned me lately. :rolleyes: Must be all that alcohol I am consuming. :thumbsupsmiley:

Hehe the reward to your award shall be received when I attend my first WEB. No my presence is not the reward (wahahahahaha award!) but perhaps the bottle of wine I shall bring. :P

A great night, I should say....

Precisely apt to have your thoughts as company. With a glass in hand containing some chilled semillon, and Carole King playing on the that old dependable turntable. It's amazing. That Tapestry album - an LP record - has been around since 1971 - a good 34 years of spinning! Like good wine, it has stood up well - the music remarkably aging gracefully; the black vinyl still dutifully spinning its way to weave magic.

One more song about moving along the highway..

Can't say much of anything that's new...

If I could only work this life out my way...

I'd rather spend it being close to you...

But you're so far away..........

cheers, folks!

:lol: Well the only company I have every night would be my thoughts -- I me and myself, wotta party! :lol:

Hayyyy that song always makes me cry .... so far away, doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore, it would sure be nice to see your face at my door..... Sometimes I wish the world would stand still.

Speaking of Clancy... I always got a kick out of drinking the wine named Clancy's. Hehe. Babaw ano?

It's close to 4am, I have no idea why I am still awake. :blink:

Naks... may nalalaman tayong long finish dyan Bods! :lol:

I would not let this thread die a natural cyberdeath.  Too many deaths recently for me.  Am not ready for another one. :P

Haha My marriage was happy albeit short but like I told Clancy when he asked me how it felt to be married to him for the last 2months, "I have been married to you from the time I fell in love with you.  It has been 5years not two months."  So I reckon when I am stuck in this thread, it feels like I am in a wonderful marriage. :)  And yes, he would've loved sharing a drop with you winos! And you boys would have so much fun talking about wine.  Sayang talaga.

I will not basag your trip if you will not basag mine. Hahaha and that sounded soooooo kolehiyala. Yuckkkkkkk. :lol:

Have a wonderful sunday winos!!!  *hic*

This being a Sunday, will you be so religious as to carouse with St. Hugo :P

I myself have done it with St. Hallet hehehe...

Kami din! :boo: When you are in this thread, we feel we are walking the aisle with you - the aisle between wine shelves :P

The moment I first put a wine bottle, ooops, I mean a wine glass to my lips, a whole world of possibility opened up - that there was a whole vista out there beyond beer, women and song. I have entered that classic realm of wine, women and song whoops hehehe....

kolehyala and all - we're happy that you're around.

widowed or not - we're honored that you give us company...

It's wonderful to learn that I don't make sense pala at a quarter to 5 in the morning :sick:

Hehe well I would be that bar wench alright!  Fat and haggish is how I fondly describe myself. :lol:  As to being propositioned ..... hahahaha no one has propositioned me lately. :rolleyes:  Must be all that alcohol I am consuming.  :thumbsupsmiley:

Hehe the reward to your award shall be received when I attend my first WEB.  No my presence is not the reward (wahahahahaha award!) but perhaps the bottle of wine I shall bring. :P

anybody who says you are a bar wench will have a war on his bench this very minute :angry:

we don't believe you are fat and haggish - hot and faddish pwede pa siguro hehehe...

If nobody has propositioned you lately, then her lips are not ma-sebo :P

We await your presence like we await the coming of spring :)

:lol:  Well the only company I have every night would be my thoughts -- I me and myself, wotta party! :lol:

Hayyyy that song always makes me cry .... so far away, doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore, it would sure be nice to see your face at my door.....   Sometimes I wish the world would stand still.

Speaking of Clancy... I always got a kick out of drinking the wine named Clancy's.  Hehe.  Babaw ano?

It's close to 4am, I have no idea why I am still awake. :blink:

Well I was tuned to the radio and they began playing a version of Carole KIng's (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman so I thought hey why not give a listen to the entire album?

The songs opened up a wellspring of memories and thoughts too unquenchable for the semillon to hold on to.

Snow is cold, rain is wet.

Chills my soul right to the marrow.

I won't be happy 'til I see

You alone again.

'Til I'm home again and feelin' right.

that sounds like another plan!

do they have single-malts at your usual haunts?

let's do an impromptu there, say, a week after the EB? :P

sure, bods... i'll have to check a few places if they are still open. I know Kiplings @ the Mandarin is a whiskey and cigar bar more than a wine bar but they serve good wines too. There use to be a single malt bar at New Word, Forth and Tay, same group as Tabac but I have not gone there in years so I wouldnt know if its open.

hmmm, maybe i'll visit them during the week and post a fr on these places... wish me luck (as if i need 1).

This being a Sunday, will you be so religious as to carouse with St. Hugo :P

I myself have done it with St. Hallet hehehe...

Kami din! :boo: When you are in this thread, we feel we are walking the aisle with you - the aisle between wine shelves  :P

The moment I first put a wine bottle, ooops, I mean a wine glass to my lips, a whole world of possibility opened up - that there was a whole vista out there beyond beer, women and song. I have entered that classic realm of wine, women and song whoops hehehe....

kolehyala and all - we're happy that you're around.

widowed or not - we're honored that you give us company...

It's wonderful to learn that I don't make sense pala at a quarter to 5 in the morning :sick:

A St Hugo! OMG! I wonder when I will bump into that religious experience again. :lol:

The most wonderful thoughts and words are those which are naked ..... :P At 5am Bods, you cannot be anymore naked than you were.

anybody who says you are a bar wench will have a war on his bench this very minute :angry:

we don't believe you are fat and haggish - hot and faddish pwede pa siguro hehehe...

If nobody has propositioned you lately, then her lips are not ma-sebo  :P

We await your presence like we await the coming of spring  :)

hehe well pare, get ready for a royal rumble!!!!! Mapapadalas ang away dito! :boo: I cannot tell a lie so you must accept that I am fat and haggish. I just have nice lips. :rolleyes:

Nyahahahahaha sebo lips. Pakshet! Hahaha biglang uminit na naman ulo ko! :lol:

Ahh spring, my other favorite time of the year however don't you think I am more like autumn? Kinda serene and maybe dreamy but sad and withered and about to kick the bucket? :lol:

Edited by Lipstick
Well I was tuned to the radio and they began playing a version of Carole KIng's (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman so I thought hey why not give a listen to the entire album?

The songs opened up a wellspring of memories and thoughts too unquenchable for the semillon to hold on to.

Snow is cold, rain is wet.

Chills my soul right to the marrow.

I won't be happy 'til I see

You alone again.

'Til I'm home again and feelin' right.

Home. I miss that feeling Bods. Home is not a physical space I know and it is more an emotion you attach to a place and a person/persons. I have not been home in a long time but recently I felt a bit of it. And my tastebuds have also somewhat returned as evidenced by my few posts in this thread. And maybe I am beginning to live a again albeit a little but just as well. :)

I cannot let this day pass without saying that when I was in Sydney last November feeling all alone, I kept on returning to the kind words uttered by my friends (yours and agxo3's in this thread included) and on some nights those were the only things that kept me insulated from all the cold and despair. Thank you. :)

Hindi pang award yan hah ... pang hall of fame na! :lol:

While you were listening to Carole King last night, I was ending my night with another lady whose name begins with the letter C too. Carly Simon. And I slept to the haunting lines of Right thing to do ...

Nothing you can ever do would turn me away from you

Well, I love you now and I love you now

Even though you're ten thousand miles away

I'll love you tomorrow as I love you today

I'm in love, babe

I'm in love with you, babe

I guess there are some people in our lives that we will always love across whatever distance and only they can own that space we made for them no matter how many lifetimes we live. And that's the naked truth. Kinda similar to our favorite wines don't you think? :)

sure, bods... i'll have to check a few places if they are still open.  I know Kiplings @ the Mandarin is a whiskey and cigar bar more than a wine bar but they serve good wines too.  There use to be a single malt bar at New Word, Forth and Tay,  same group as Tabac but I have not gone there in years so I wouldnt know if its open.

hmmm,  maybe i'll visit them during the week and post a fr on these places... wish me luck (as if i need 1).

hehe pare don't imbibe too much on those visits ha - we still have that WEB on Thursday.

here's wishing you can find a place where Glenffiddich stays :P

A St Hugo!  OMG!  I wonder when I will bump into that religious experience again. :lol:

The most wonderful thoughts and words are those which are naked ..... :P At 5am Bods, you cannot be anymore naked than you were.

naked and vulnerable, yes...

don't wanna be parched and awake again at 5am :P

maybe when you're in Sydney again, you will have that epiphany with St. Hugo...

hehe well pare, get ready for a royal rumble!!!!! Mapapadalas ang away dito! :boo:  I cannot tell a lie so you must accept that I am fat and haggish.  I just have nice lips. :rolleyes:

Nyahahahahaha sebo lips.  Pakshet! Hahaha biglang uminit na naman ulo ko! :lol:

Ahh spring, my other favorite time of the year however don't you think I am more like autumn?  Kinda serene and maybe dreamy but sad and withered and about to kick the bucket? :lol:

hey what bucket are you talking about?

the only bucket we're possibly gonna kick is an ice bucket - and we don't put ice in our wines :sick:

to us winos, you may be the summer solstice - where the day almost never ends :)

I'm sorry about that dig of the sebo lips - but maybe someday she'll choke on her jologs pearls :P

ok - erase the word haggish as we old coots don't believe you are one...

we wish that in our next life, we get incarnated as a wine glass so we can get intimate with those inviting lips of yours...........

Home.  I miss that feeling Bods.  Home is not a physical space I know and it is more an emotion you attach to a place and a person/persons.  I have not been home in a long time but recently I felt a bit of it.  And my tastebuds have also somewhat returned as evidenced by my few posts in this thread.  And maybe I am beginning to live a again albeit a little but just as well. :)

I cannot let this day pass without saying that when I was in Sydney last November feeling all alone, I kept on returning to the kind words uttered by my friends (yours and agxo3's in this thread included) and on some nights those were the only things that kept me insulated from all the cold and despair. Thank you. :)

Hindi pang award yan hah ... pang hall of fame na! :lol:

While you were listening to Carole King last night, I was ending my night with another lady whose name begins with the letter C too.  Carly Simon.  And I slept to the haunting lines of Right thing to do ...

Nothing you can ever do would turn me away from you

Well, I love you now and I love you now

Even though you're ten thousand miles away

I'll love you tomorrow as I love you today

I'm in love, babe

I'm in love with you, babe

I guess there are some people in our lives that we will always love across whatever distance and only they can own that space we made for them no matter how many lifetimes we live.  And that's the naked truth. Kinda similar to our favorite wines don't you think?  :)

those are beautiful words - we got nothing much more to say :)

To me, time and distance have always conspired against making my emotional home complete. But then again, they do serve a convenient purpose. Each will have its day in the sun.

wow! Carly Simon is one cool chick - and I love her body of work! Would you believe she has this song?

L. is the face in the misty night

Footsteps that you hear down the hall

The laugh that floats on a summer's night

That you might never recall

And you see L. on a train that is passing through

Those eyes how familiar they seem

She gave your very first kiss to you

That was L. but she's only a dream.

hey what bucket are you talking about?

the only bucket we're possibly gonna kick is an ice bucket - and we don't put ice in our wines :sick:

to us winos, you may be the summer solstice - where the day almost never ends :)

I'm sorry about that dig of the sebo lips - but maybe someday she'll choke on her jologs pearls :P

ok - erase the word haggish as we old coots don't believe you are one...

we wish that in our next life, we get incarnated as a wine glass so we can get intimate with those inviting lips of yours...........

WAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.. there a really garrulous laughter! Hahahahahahahaha. You really crack me up Bods!!!! :* Sebo lips and jologs pearls. Wahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I think I just gave myself a tummy ache from laughing too much!

Yes no ice in the wine! The first time I witnessed that I wanted to have a coronary!!!!! :blink: Such sacrilege! :grr:

You are ever so sweet Bods. Hahaha and a smooth talker too! :rolleyes: How can I not love being in this thread?! You patronize me like anything! :P hehe.

Seriously, the comparison to the summer solstice is beautiful Bods. Made me blush kahit joke lang sya. :D I actually woke up to a similar message a few days ago .... an sms in my phone that said " Coffee without you is not as flavorful. So is my day. And my day does not start until you are part of it. Where it starts and ends I have no idea because time either flies or completely freezes with you" :heart: *sigh* Hehe dapat wine ano? Kaso puro kape ang iniinum namin lately kaya ayan coffee tuloy. :lol: If we had wine often, God only knows! Haha he loves his wines too and when broke has chilean but prefers a 93 Margaux and for special dates an Opus One. Haha teka, since I haven't had a drop with him I probably was not a great date? :unsure:

:lol: And I just bagged another award I thinK!!!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

In my next life I would like to be a full bodied shiraz I think.... so I can not only twirl myself inside your mouth but get in your system as well. :boo: Eyes will definitely roll when they read this post. :lol: Lipat na nga lang tayo sa landian thread, baka paluin tayo ni Masi dito. :upside:

p.s. Ang daming emoticons naman itong post ko!

Ahh spring, my other favorite time of the year however don't you think I am more like autumn?  Kinda serene and maybe dreamy but sad and withered and about to kick the bucket? :lol:

yup, same here, spring is promising... but fall is captivating... quite a mystery... the uncertainty of what winter would bring... just like a bottle of wine... or as forrest gump would say, "you'll never know what you will get".

have a great week ahead...

In my next life I would like to be a full bodied shiraz I think.... so I can not only twirl myself inside your mouth but get in your system as well. :boo:  Eyes will definitely roll when they read this post. :lol:  Lipat na nga lang tayo sa landian thread, baka paluin tayo ni Masi dito.  :upside:

Fine with me... last time I checked, this was Bods thread... and your exchanges are pretty amusing ..

Oh, btw, the last time, I checked too, the Pope's name is Jo, not MO :wacko:

hehe pare don't imbibe too much on those visits ha - we still have that WEB on Thursday.

here's wishing you can find a place where Glenffiddich stays :P

told you... i only drink on days ending in "y" . i surfed the net today and seems like tabac at the pen or kiplings at mandarin are the only single malt places in town. there is also a wine bar in clark known as yats which has some single malts.

just to tickle your curiosity on single malts. http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Fe...344,629,00.html

" Coffee without you is not as flavorful. So is my day. And my day does not start until you are part of it. "    :heart:    *sigh*    Hehe dapat wine ano?  Kaso puro kape ang iniinum namin lately kaya ayan coffee tuloy. :lol:

ah... coffee... a double espresso anytime! maybe at 1a.m. after all the wine so i fall asleep right away. or after dinner just before the shiraz @ segafredo with a creme brulee or a chocolate cake...

my simple pleasures....