Exit Lines

If I were to tell that to someone, then I'd be lying if I didn't feel that it somehow sounds like a convenient way of breaking up with her. People would no doubt feel that you're trying to sugarcoat the fact that you no longer wish to continue the relationship for some specific, albeit undisclosed reason. Honesty can be a bit too harsh for some, and you wouldn't want to seem cruel; thus, the line. You may even think of it as a white lie. As far as breaking up goes, I'd rather be upfront with it. Better not keep the person guessing as to why things didn't work out. (At least, that's how I see it.)

Edited by Manticore
All of these happened to me... Honestly, I dunno how to break up with someone... sometimes I just wait na lang for the other party to call it off... pero dun sa mga unexpected na parties, these are what they have to say:

di kasi ko maka-fit-in sa crowds mo --- (tarantado ka ba, ang sabihin mo, talagang di ka kasi marunong makisama kahit kanino)

kapatid na lang tingin ko sayo --- (eh p*ta ka pala eh, nangarap ka pang maging kapatid ko, di ka namin tatanggapin ng pamilya ko noh, asa ka pa!)

nagkataon kasing maraming dumating na problema --- (o talaga lang ah! ang ganda ng solusyon mo ah! sige mag-solo ka ngayon kakaisip ng paraan sa mga problema mo! gago!)

there's nothing wrong with you, it's just me --- (oo nga, alam ko there's something wrong with you.. may sayad ka debah?? ah hinde pala... you're dick is shrinking to its smallest pala while you're nose is growing longer by the second... tsk tsk tsk, good luck)

na-realize ko na mas magiging okay akong kaibigan para sayo kesa bf --- (at sinong may sabi sayong papayag akong maging friends pa tayo!? kung wala na, eh di demmit, wala na... umapila ka pa eh, kutusan kaya kitang ungas ka!)

i found out from my ex's cousin who visited me sa house to say her goodbyes na rin kasi naging close ko rin sya:

ate aimee, kaya daw talaga nakipag-break si kuya kasi daw ang kulit mo, ayaw mo daw tumigil mag-yosi --- (abay, hang tinde nitow! imagine, the guy was more like a dragon sa lakas mag-yosi samantalang ako nakiki-puff lang halos sa kanya?? palusot ampotah!!)

nahulog kasi ang loob ko dun sa kaibigan mo --- (ah ganun ba, taena kakaawa naman ikaw.. sige puntahan mo na sya at tanungin mo kung nakita nyang gumugulong ang nahulog mong loob... tsk, tsk, problema mo na yan pare, you're on your own)

uhm.. you see... uh.. i met this girl last saturday at my friend's despedida party.. --- (`nyetang yan kala ko ba stag party ng pinsan mo, bat biglang naging despedida ng tropa mo... tangna, sa una mo pa lang na hirit sinungaling ka na, bat pa kita pakikinggan)

hun kasi.. nagkausap kami ng masinsinan ni mama na di daw napupulot ang pera pang-tuition.. so yun --- (huh, anong so yun!? you sound more like mang-uutang ng pang-tuition than breaking up! hahaha, o sya, sya... sige break na kung break.. tutal nag-promise ka namang babalik ka basta maipakita mo lang na nagtaasan ang grades mo eh...

*after one week* abay kumag na yon, nakahanap kaagad ng mauutangan ng pang-tuition ah!!! naisahan ako nung ulupong na yun ah!!! :grr: )

nahihiya na kasi ako sayo kasi parang wala akong gaanong mai-offer sayo, sa mga lakad natin ikaw laging nagiging taya --- (*sniff* nakakaiyak naman tayo sa drama natin.. boohoo.. haysus, ni hindi mo ba naisip na ako nga ang nahirapan, duh! alam ko namang tuwang-tuwa ka pag sinasabi kong "sige ako na" pag nahahalata kong wala ka na namang pera kasi lagi mong inuubos sa mga gimik mo! hay mabuti naman at naisipan mong makipag-split, sana mag-ipon ka habang single ka pa para pag may gf ka ulit eh may pamasahe ka man lang, tanga ka na nga, parasite ka pa!)

Hahaha. I just had a hearty laugh with this one. Kasi naman I used some of the lines rin kasi dito sa ilang naging GF ko.

1.di kasi ko maka-fit-in sa crowds mo --- (hindi ko naman kasi alam na nung nakilala ko siya e, gimikera pala siya. Mas trip ko kasing tumambay lang sa isang tahimik na lugar at makipagkuwentuhan kaysa mag-inom gabi-gabi sa kung saan-saang bar kasama ang mga kaibigan niyang manginginom. kawawa na ang atay ko e.)

2. nahulog kasi ang loob ko dun sa kaibigan mo --- (actually, ang nahulog e ang brief ko. ako kasi ang sineduce nung friend niya. Ikaw ba naman ang sabihan na "You could have me every night if you want to". Guys, what do you think? Kanino kayo sasama?)

3. there's nothing wrong with you, it's just me --- (i know, i know. pathetic excuse. e wala akong maisip na ibang puwedeng reason. alangan namang sabihin ko yung totoo na "we really have to break up 'coz you're a egomaniacal raving bitch")

4. nahihiya na kasi ako sayo kasi parang wala akong gaanong mai-offer sayo, sa mga lakad natin ikaw laging nagiging taya --- (well, not really ganito. i wasn't a parasite or anything. i NEVER let a girl pay for a date. kaya lang hamak na estudyante lang ako nun. kailangang pag-ipunan ang pang-date. pero kung lagi kang kinukulit na lumabas naman tayo araw-araw, patay tayo diyan. ayoko namang mang-holdap para lang sumaya siya so babay na lang)

5. na-realize ko na mas magiging okay akong kaibigan para sayo kesa bf --- (isa pang pathetic na excuse na ginamit ko. i used that one for a ex-gf na sobrang selosa. pati ba naman yung pakikipagflirt ko sa isang instructress ko e pinalaki pa - alam naman niyang ginawa ko naman yun e para tanggapin ang late na paper NIYA. talk about stupid 'no?)

Ay buhay. :mtc:

it is just a nice way of saying 'hindi tayo bagay' and/or 'maghanap ka na lang ng iba'

:(  :cry:  :evil:

means ..... ayaw ka na nya. palubag loob lang yan.

Bola yan.  Ibig sabihin nun, ayaw niya talaga sa iyo.

Yeah, it really means that way pero bakit nga ba hindi na lang nila sabihin ng deretso? why do they have to sugarcoat everything di ba? they dont need to patronize us, we are asking a direct and honest question to them so isnt it fair that they do the same?!

pero totoo nga yun.. ur too good for him.. kasi loser siya! kaya iwan mo na siya! kasi kung di siya loser sasabihin niya yun straight forward... kaya totoo, ur too good for him.. LEAVE HIM! PRONTO!

Tama, shes a loser but leaving her would really be the first thing in my mind. but isnt it better to stay and befriend her tapos pag nagkaroon ka na ng gf whom you think is far better than her eh you can go back to her and say.. tama ka nga, i deserve someone better. thank you ha! sabay alis hehehe :P

kung hindi ikaw ang boyfriend ni kitchie nadal wa kang karapatan na sabihin na "ibang nararapat sa akin"... sino ka to tell me kung sino ang deserve ko? naiinis lang tlga ako sa mga ganitong palusot ng mga tao when they wanna get out of the relationship.

thats perfectly true, who are they to say or judge for us... how would they know whom and what we deserve? isnt that solely and rightfully our decision to make? kaya mo nga sya niligawan or naging gf coz you think that she's the one right for you di ba. so why tell us that, why dont they tell us straight into our face kung ayaw nila sa amin di ba. nakakatuwa nga kz once you ask them whom you deserve eh di ka nila masagot ng deretso and specific.... they'll just ramble on something which they think fits your lifestyle. eh di ba choice mo naman yun kung anong lifestyle ang gusto mo or kung sinong gusto mong maging bahagi ng buhay mo!

If I were to tell that to someone, then I'd be lying if I didn't feel that it somehow sounds like a convenient way of breaking up with her. People would no doubt feel that you're trying to sugarcoat the fact that you no longer wish to continue the relationship for some specific, albeit undisclosed reason. Honesty can be a bit too harsh for some, and you wouldn't want to seem cruel; thus, the line. You may even think of it as a white lie. As far as breaking up goes, I'd rather be upfront with it. Better not keep the person guessing as to why things didn't work out. (At least, that's how I see it.)

Your right man, honesty aint that common nowadays... people would always try to be nice and want to patronize you para di ka magalit sa kanila. what people dont know is that it hurts more if you hear or know the truth from someone elses mouth. just when you think ah ok, ganito lang pala, baka nga me mas ok pa... tapos maririnig mo na lang sa iba na kaya ka inayawan ng girl eh dahil ampangit mo, dahil mahirap ka, dahil di ka bagay sa kanya, dahil baduy ka... men, that really hurts...

when you reject or decide to break up with someone, its really better to be honest with her/him. sabihin mo kung ano talaga nararamdaman mo, kung ano tingin mo sa kanya and/or kung ano ang mga dahilan kung bakit ayaw mo sa kanya. he/she has the right to know di ba, so just be honest and tell the truth.

truth, like surgery, may hurt but it cures!

actually it's another way of breaking up. exit lines kumbaga. pero some people say it for some sincere reasons. maybe they find that someone is still better than him for you who would understand you and accept u more-understanding, acceptance and loving na hindi na maibigay sayo ng sapat..

hmm.. that would really be nice of her. putting it into another persepective, kung wholehearted and in good faith naman ung sinabi nya then that would be a welcome advice. pwede rin na nagdadalawang isip yong girl thinking that her downsides outweights the good thing in her kaya natatakot lang syang na baka ayawan sya ng guy kung sakaling malaman nya ito... thats would be setting up your defenses and creating your own prison wall.

whatever the reasons or motives ng girl, eh di ba mas maganda kung she'll just lay down her cards and let the guy decide if he wants to let go or go on para whatever happens next eh walang sisihang mangyayari. its our burden to keep di ba.

[

hmm.. that would really be nice of her. putting it into another persepective, kung wholehearted and in good faith naman ung sinabi nya then that would be a welcome advice. pwede rin na nagdadalawang isip yong girl thinking that her downsides outweights the good thing in her kaya natatakot lang syang na baka ayawan sya ng guy kung sakaling malaman nya ito... thats would be setting up your defenses and creating your own prison wall.

whatever the reasons or motives ng girl, eh di ba mas maganda kung she'll just lay down her cards and let the guy decide if he wants to let go or go on para whatever happens next eh walang sisihang mangyayari. its our burden to keep di ba.

The truth hurts, and being honest may set you up for rejection, which is actually how things should be, but people don't want that. People don't want their faults exposed, they don't want to be weighed. It makes them feel too vulnerable, I guess.

Hindi naman siguro, actully i said this to my ex kasi talagang naaawa ako sa kanya, kasi parang hindi talaga ako worth sa kanya, kasi sobra oaky nya, tapos ako puro kalokohan at that time, kaya sabi ko it is better for her to find someone who is really worth for her.

:hypocritesmiley:  :hypocritesmiley:

I actually encountered a situation wherein my girlfriend met a guy at work. They were both nurses in the States, and it's been nearly 2 years since I've actually seen her. I've made arrangements to visit her, but by some unfortunate coincidence, ALL my efforts to spend time alone with her came to naught. Events have a strange way of conspiring against you. The moment she started speaking glowingly about her suitor (she merely referred to him as a friend, part of a close-knit group of homesick Filipinos, but I sensed something deeper.) I knew she finally found someone who could make it tolerable to be away from me for so long. I allowed her to speak freely in our succeeding conversations, and was able to establish this. I did express my concerns early on, but after that, I thought it better to let things go, because complications would arise. Shall I expound on this? My prospects in the States aren't as good, although I did discuss this before she left for the States. I gave her the opportunity for a fresh start---a clean break, so to speak---so as not to burden her. She chose to keep our relationship, which, gave me mixed emotions. I knew that eventually, time and distance would take their toll, and since I still had no means to visit her until at least a year later, my days were numbered. I kept at it, though, in the hope that we'd be able to weather the situation. The moment she began speaking of a certain someone, however, I knew it was only a matter of time before feelings changed. She still says she loves me in spite of it all...right up until the time her suitor proposed. That was our moment of truth. She said that the guy's father called her up one day, congratulating them for the engagement(?) I know her well enough to say that she's the type who can never say "no" if it would hurt another person. They've spent a great deal of time together, and it came as no surprise that at some point, there was already an "understanding". Anyway, that was her dilemma. She wants to make everyone happy. Problem is, someone always ends up being left out. She cried on the phone, saying that she didn't really love him, only that she learned how lonely he was all his life, and that she somehow felt that she could make it all better. One thing led to another, and... Now, I know that her friends, relatives and family are aware of the situation. Some of them have actually met the guy, and approve of him (which is more than what I can say for what they thought of yours truly.) Be that as it may, she never wanted to break it off with me. I've seen all the signs, explained our prospects if we decided to pursue a life together, yet it wouldn't register to her. I had to take matters into my own hands, at this point. I broke it off. I could feel my stomach sink as I uttered those fateful words. Not verbatim, but close enough. It's been two years since they've been married, and what I gather from a chance encounter with her close friends, she is happy. That's what made all the hurt worth it. Loved her. Still do. But now, I can finally be at peace with that decision, at least.

damn it manticore, you brought back the memories i tried hard to forget. whew... reading your story and realizing/rememberin mine makes me want to cry for the love thats lost coz eventhough years had passed and she's already married too, i can still feel the pain when i told her to just settle down and leave me in peace. :cry:

actually, we never had a formal break up but i guess thats just it after a year of silence and just leaving without informing me (she worked in a cruise stationed in miami). its ironic that when she came back, she took it against me coz i already had a new gf (for 3 mos) that time coz she thought na kami pa rin. man, if you were in my position what would you do? i told her to just let it be, tapos na kami and theres no way that we can go back together coz im happy with my new relationship (damn, parang me bumara sa lalamunan ko that time). she eventually headed my advice after 2 years of foolin around, she got married and im back to singlehood. life's so sweet, aint it!

Yeah, nataraki, bittersweet. Some situations are too delicate to put things bluntly, which is why we occasionally resort to using euphemisms. In my case, though, I spoke the truth when I said that things would be easier with the other guy. I believed it when I spoke those words. True enough, her friends say that she's having the time of her life. (sigh.) The things we do in the name of love....

nataraki..

depende kung kasalanan ng lalake yun, then gagawin mo pa sa kanya yan.. ndi naman makatao yun.. na ipamumukha mo pa sa kanya na mas ok ang napili mo kaysa kanya.. lalo na kapag alam ng lalake na siya talaga ang at fault. may mga ibang lalake ganun! sila na ang may mali, ang lalakas pa ng loob na magpamukha sa babae na mas may napili silang mas ok kaysa sa babaeng iniwan nila..

gaya ng x ko.. ang kapal! sobrang bait ko sa kanya, inabuso niya! sorry ng sorry, then gagawa na naman ng katarantaduhan after... day after lang! then siya pa ang may mukhang mag text gamit ang ibang cel number, gagamit din ng pseudo name.. at itetext ako na yaw na niya.. eh, di ba? kabadingan! ako pa ang tumawag to straighten things out. Tumawag ako para i formalize ang break up. Then after a few days... kung ano ano pinag sasssabi.. kung gagawin niya sa akin na ipamukha niya na may nahanap siya na iba.. fine.. sana nga lang mas OK nga kaysa sa akin... THE LAST TIME.. goodness!!! pinagmalaki pa yung girl! eh, mukhang may ubas sa mukha! daming acne! pwede ka ng pumitas! ugali pa ng girl! nananahimik ako, hinarrass ako! sige! magsama sila! well, sa ganung situation, siguro, .. ma tatake ko advice mo... after getting a MUCH MORE WORTHY GUY!... I will befriend him and pakikilala ko pa sila! FACE TO FACE! kasi yung girl ayaw niya pakita sa akin.. but NOW i know why!

Yeah, nataraki, bittersweet. Some situations are too delicate to put things bluntly, which is why we occasionally resort to using euphemisms. In my case, though, I spoke the truth when I said that things would be easier with the other guy. I believed it when I spoke those words. True enough, her friends say that she's having the time of her life. (sigh.) The things we do in the name of love....

Yeah, the things we do in the name of love can really make our heads spin much faster than the world.

but as it is, bilog ang mundo pare!

;)

nataraki..

depende kung kasalanan ng lalake yun, then gagawin mo pa sa kanya yan.. ndi naman makatao yun.. na ipamumukha mo pa sa kanya na mas ok ang napili mo kaysa kanya.. lalo na kapag alam ng lalake na siya talaga ang at fault. may mga ibang lalake ganun! sila na ang may mali, ang lalakas pa ng loob na magpamukha sa babae na mas may napili silang mas ok kaysa sa babaeng iniwan nila..

gaya ng x ko.. ang kapal! sobrang bait ko sa kanya, inabuso niya! sorry ng sorry, then gagawa na naman ng katarantaduhan after... day after lang! then siya pa ang may mukhang mag text gamit ang ibang cel number, gagamit din ng pseudo name.. at itetext ako na yaw na niya.. eh, di ba? kabadingan! ako pa ang tumawag to straighten things out. Tumawag ako para i formalize ang break up. Then after a few days... kung ano ano pinag sasssabi.. kung gagawin niya sa akin na ipamukha niya na may nahanap siya na iba.. fine.. sana nga lang mas OK nga kaysa sa akin... THE LAST TIME.. goodness!!! pinagmalaki pa yung girl! eh, mukhang may ubas  sa mukha! daming acne! pwede ka ng pumitas! ugali pa ng girl! nananahimik ako, hinarrass ako! sige! magsama sila! well, sa ganung situation, siguro, .. ma tatake ko advice mo... after getting a MUCH MORE WORTHY GUY!... I will befriend him and pakikilala ko pa sila! FACE TO FACE! kasi yung girl ayaw niya pakita sa akin.. but NOW i know why!

well, kung ung guy ang pasimuno ng gulo eh isang kawalanghiyaan na sya pa ang magyabang na mas maganda ang nakuha nyang kapalit mo. breaking someone then showing off the replacement to your ex is a sign of utmost disrespect and rotten personality. but if its the other way around at ikaw ang ipinagpalit eh siguro naman hindi kayabangan ang ipakilala ang guy na dumampot sa tapon nya... para makita nyang he/she is a sore loser for letting you go. but then again, it doesnt necesarily mean that the replacement is better physically or materially speaking... what should be considered the most is the feelings, compatibility and security derived from it. and here's where the good guys come in with fashion (ahhemm... ;) )

your absolutely right and you should and must leave that guy because you will never have a peaceful life with him. he has no right to pay with your feelings lalo na pagkatao mo. it would be nice looking at him pag ipinakilala mo ung bagong bf mo sa kanya... ivideo mo para walang mamiss na kodak moments hehehe

what comes to mind when someone tells you that he/she is too good for you and there's someone better for you and that's not him/her. bakit nga ba nila sinasabi yon and are there any truth in it?

what come to mind? well...how bout this "yo b*tch! i know i'm too good for you. hell, i'm just f*cking you til someone better comes along; now KEEP sucking, damn." (kinda quoting Marilyn Manson over there but not in verbatim)

hahaha... linya ko yan before.... for me ha, in my case, nagui-guilty ako kasi nde ko masuklian yung love na binigay nya ehh.. kaya i told him that you're too good for me. hehehe

but honestly, kaya yan nasasabi kasi they dont want to hurt you that bad. kungbaga pampalubag loob nga!!!!